General 6.7 Discussion (2011-2016) General 6.7 Discussion

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 06-13-2018, 05:18 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Frequent Regens

I have a '13 with about 98K on it and just started running a tune in it from DP Tuner (non-deleted). After the tune, my regens have gone from averaging one regen per tank of fuel to once every 100 miles. I've pinged Jody on this, but at this point neither of us have idea on the cause. I thought I'd throw it up here to see if anyone has seen this before, and if there are any suggestions on why it would be so frequent and what I can do to extend it back out to at least what it was before.

By the way - this is not intended on being a negative toward DP Tuner. They have been great to work with, and everyone else I've seen has had great experiences with their tunes. This may be something unique to my truck...

Clark

2000 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 V10 - 270K miles and counting; Icon 2" leveling kit, Newton Lift 3.5" rear blocks, BFG 315/75/16 (daughter now driving...)
2013 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L. 63K miles. Carli 4.5" Lift; 37" Ridge Grapplers on 20x9 Racelines.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by charbaugh; 06-13-2018 at 05:21 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 06-13-2018, 05:28 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sounds like your 2k away from being out of warranty and should just drop the weight and never have to worry about a regen again, as for why the frequent regens maybe it’s because the “tune” your running is producing more soot? There for needing to regen more to get rid of it? Maybe your DPF is getting clogged and it’s regen’ing (If that’s a word) more to burn it off?
HeavyAssault likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 F350 CCLB Lariat Ultimate/EZ Lynk Tyrant tuned/deleted/15+turbo swap/No limit stage 2 intake/H&S silicone CAC pipe/5Ē exhaust/2.5Ē BDS Leveling kit on 35s/Fox shocks/20Ē XD grenades
post #3 of 13 Old 06-13-2018, 05:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebuck View Post
Sounds like your 2k away from being out of warranty and should just drop the weight and never have to worry about a regen again, as for why the frequent regens maybe itís because the ďtuneĒ your running is producing more soot? There for needing to regen more to get rid of it? Maybe your DPF is getting clogged and itís regeníing (If thatís a word) more to burn it off?
It's definitely the soot level. I'm monitoring it on the tuner and it climbs very rapidly. Like clockwork, it regens at 2.7-2.8 gpl.

Clark

2000 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 V10 - 270K miles and counting; Icon 2" leveling kit, Newton Lift 3.5" rear blocks, BFG 315/75/16 (daughter now driving...)
2013 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L. 63K miles. Carli 4.5" Lift; 37" Ridge Grapplers on 20x9 Racelines.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 06-13-2018, 05:42 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Iíve been going through the same thing with Jody. Iím running the 35hp tune. Not sure whatís going on but Iíve had all sorts of other small weird problems too so I think thereís something strange about my particular truck also. Iíve only got 30k miles on my Ď16 and was dead set against delete, but Iím seriously contemplating now (have some other problems that deleting would alleviate).
post #5 of 13 Old 06-13-2018, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charbaugh View Post
It's definitely the soot level. I'm monitoring it on the tuner and it climbs very rapidly. Like clockwork, it regens at 2.7-2.8 gpl.

Are you using the ngauge to monitor or something else?
post #6 of 13 Old 06-13-2018, 06:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegetopia View Post
Are you using the ngauge to monitor or something else?
nDash. But you bring up a good point that I wasn't thinking about, and that there may be a difference in the read out I'm getting on the nDash vs the Forscan app I was using prior (which is what my baseline readings pre-tuning were established with). I would think they should both provide the same info, but I'll monitor with Forscan just to validate they are equal.

Clark

post #7 of 13 Old 06-13-2018, 06:07 AM

Frequent Regens

Quote:
nDash. But you bring up a good point that I wasn't thinking about, and that there may be a difference in the read out I'm getting on the nDash vs the Forscan app I was using prior (which is what my baseline readings pre-tuning were established with). I would think they should both provide the same info, but I'll monitor with Forscan just to validate they are equal.

I was actually asking because I use the ngauge and havenít found any dpf related functionality with it so I was trying to find out if I was missing something. Sounds like not.

I too would imagine they are both reading the same info.

I have FORScan also and for some reason havenít thought of it as a tool to monitor dpf related info. Will start that myself. Is there a way to tell it to log those things so you can reference them later or is it only live view?

Last edited by vegetopia; 06-13-2018 at 06:12 AM.
post #8 of 13 Old 06-13-2018, 06:26 AM Thread Starter

I actually like the FORscan app on my phone better than the nDash. There are more PIDs available to monitor. I also noticed that on the nDash some of the PIDs do not display correctly - example is average distance between regens. on the nDash, it shows some apparent random number string like 32814.

Clark

post #9 of 13 Old 06-13-2018, 08:47 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
I have a '13 with about 98K on it and just started running a tune in it from DP Tuner (non-deleted). After the tune, my regens have gone from averaging one regen per tank of fuel to once every 100 miles. I've pinged Jody on this, but at this point neither of us have idea on the cause. I thought I'd throw it up here to see if anyone has seen this before, and if there are any suggestions on why it would be so frequent and what I can do to extend it back out to at least what it was before.

By the way - this is not intended on being a negative toward DP Tuner. They have been great to work with, and everyone else I've seen has had great experiences with their tunes. This may be something unique to my truck...
I had the same problem with the DP tuner tune. I worked with Jody and he sent me a new one but same issue. I tried a different tune from a different tuner and i usually go the 500 mi before the mandatory regen set by Ford now. I never really worked with Jody after that, but would be willing to try other tunes if something is figured out. I use Torque Pro to monitor and I could watch my soot levels increase very fast, typically every 150 miles or so before a regen, and this was towing when should be doing passive regens.

F250 4x4 CCSB Platinum
AM Diesel Performance Daily Tune, Dieselsite water/fuel filter, Stingray 20" bar with 4 Pods, Hammerhead Bumper, High Idle mod, Airbags, Marathon Seat Covers, LED lights, Sulastic Shackles, Bilstein Shocks, 50 gallon Titan Tank, Nitto Ridge Grappler 295/65-20,ICI MAGNUM RT STEPS.

2012 Eclipse Stellar 27DBLG

Last edited by Sting; 06-13-2018 at 08:50 AM.
post #10 of 13 Old 06-13-2018, 08:51 AM

Got forscan up and monitoring. First sign of problem is ford dash % gauge says 80% full whereas forscan says 56.63% and 2.00 g/L. As far as Iíve noticed, the regen begins when ford gauge reaches 100% and if the discrepancy between the 2 is correct on the side of forscan, that means Iím regening early every time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode