Air bags in lieu of rear blocks to level? - Page 2 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion (2011-2016) General 6.7 Discussion

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 Old 04-13-2018, 02:40 AM
N.S.D.Q.

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 780 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
F250 trucks do not necessarily run the OEM 4" (3-5/8"??) rear block. It will depend on your factory packages and options that were ordered. The F250 standard was something like 2". That's why a lot of people will run a 2"-2.5" front leveling kit and swap in SRW F350 rear blocks. DRW trucks use an even smaller rear block.
ULM2008 likes this.

Officially The Biggest Midget In The Game

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 Old 04-15-2018, 07:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Does airlift model 89396 ultimate plus with the SS lines mount on the inside of the frame or outside of frame? There sure seems to be many different kits available.
post #13 of 15 Old 04-16-2018, 07:55 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULM2008 View Post
Does airlift model 89396 ultimate plus with the SS lines mount on the inside of the frame or outside of frame? There sure seems to be many different kits available.
Those mount on the tangs of the lift blocks. So inside.

Seems like in all the research I did through Airlift, the 2011+ trucks all seem to be mounted inside. 2wd on the axle, 4wd on the block tang. I could be wrong but thats all I ever see.

To the original question, I would still get the correct block size and airbags. That is just my personal preference and I feel like the correct way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 Old 04-16-2018, 03:07 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatbedcowboy View Post
Those mount on the tangs of the lift blocks. So inside.

Seems like in all the research I did through Airlift, the 2011+ trucks all seem to be mounted inside. 2wd on the axle, 4wd on the block tang. I could be wrong but thats all I ever see.

To the original question, I would still get the correct block size and airbags. That is just my personal preference and I feel like the correct way.
Thank you.

I agree with cowboy. Its a 250 so definitely get a larger block. I have a 350 and the front sits a hair higher with a 2.5" level.
post #15 of 15 Old 04-23-2018, 04:59 AM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
I just went through this with my F350. I installed a 2" leveling kit up front & with the stock 350 blocks I was within 1" of level front to rear. Once I hooked my bumper pull camper up which has 1150lbs of tongue weight my rear end squated 3/4" with a Reese straightline WDH. I couldn't adjust the squat out of the truck so I went with Airlift 5000 Ultimate bags, it was only 3/4" but I knew it would bother me & even with a great WDH I couldn't get the truck to level the way I wanted. A weight distribution hitch is only part of the equation, I prefer the ability to adjust the rear based on load. I also installed rear Bilstein 5100's while I was there & when I took the truck for a road test it rode like a dream even with 30psi in the bags (testing to make sure the bags didn't leak) I will run the bags at 5 psi empty & adjust as necessary when I hook the camper up but if you wanted to keep them aired up to get the additional inch in the rear I'm sure you'd be fine. With 30psi in my bags I am lifted 2" in the rear over stock & it's back to the factory rake. Just bite the bullet & get the bags, the install took me most of the day but is pretty straight forward & now I don't have to worry about the truck squatting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode