2016 fuel mileage and towing fuel mileage stock and sct tune with stock parts - Page 2 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion (2011-2016) General 6.7 Discussion

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 28 Old 05-29-2017, 06:32 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My 2016 F350 DRW can manage 17MPG on level highway driving @70MPH but only gets about 9 when pulling 14k. Didn't buy it for economy, bought it for towing and it does that great.
TaxmanHog and Jav_eee like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 28 Old 05-31-2017, 01:22 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I just finished with a trip from Austin Tx. to Detroit Mi. and back in my new to me King Ranch F250 6.7. I was pulling a 3 horse gooseneck 5,300lbs empty north bound. I was averaged 12.8 empty. The return trip was loaded with tools and misc. stuff after cleaning out my fathers home and garage. I averaged 12 mpg. I am happy with the mileage and performance. I sure don't miss the bad roads in the north pot holes so bad that I thought I was off-roading at 60 miles an hour.
post #13 of 28 Old 05-31-2017, 06:27 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Last summer I pulled my 32ft bump pull TT (9500lbs) through the Rocky Mountains. I put on about 600 miles and averaged 13 mpg. Couldn't complain about that at all. Speeds varied greatly, but lots of long pulls too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 28 Old 05-31-2017, 06:39 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
it's all in the pedal. I'm completely convinced of that.. yesterday I averaged about 20MPG in the city.. I pissed off every soccer mom on the road (which was kind of better than the MPGs) and accelerated very slowly. When I reached a steep grade I would hold the pedal still, and push very very lightly to keep within 5mph of my desired speed (I let the truck slow down).. Towing my 33' 8k travel trailer I was averaging 9.7mpg with stop and go city(ish) traffic.. 12mpg on the highway at 65mph.. If I took this down to 60mph it would have been way better..
post #15 of 28 Old 06-01-2017, 12:27 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouse75 View Post
it's all in the pedal. I'm completely convinced of that.. yesterday I averaged about 20MPG in the city.. I pissed off every soccer mom on the road (which was kind of better than the MPGs) and accelerated very slowly. When I reached a steep grade I would hold the pedal still, and push very very lightly to keep within 5mph of my desired speed (I let the truck slow down).. Towing my 33' 8k travel trailer I was averaging 9.7mpg with stop and go city(ish) traffic.. 12mpg on the highway at 65mph.. If I took this down to 60mph it would have been way better..
I've read numerous posts that say mpg isn't reflective of gas pedal aggressiveness. I baby mine and my mileage SUCKS !!!
post #16 of 28 Old 06-01-2017, 01:17 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
My 28' TT is 5k dry. Fully loaded truck and all I expect about 6.5k.

I keep my camper in Java, VA and hauled it to Jordan Lake for Memorial day (500 round trip).

My truck is 2012 F250 6.7 Crew longbed fx4 with 3.31 rear. Hi&S mini max set to stock, egr and dpf are out.

14-15 mpg with the load and heavy foot. No load 20 mpg easy. Pulling a tandem jet ski trailer with two skis I was at 17 mpg.

Prior to delete I was 17 on hwy no load 14 city 12 with the camper.

My truck has 217,000 miles.

Check your driveline. Be sure your front hubs are free, drive axle is smooth and brakes are not dragging (parking brakes suck on this model) then check your trailer too. I think with that poor milage you have a problem. Might be dpf/Regen issue

Last edited by Slamnslash; 06-01-2017 at 01:26 AM.
post #17 of 28 Old 06-01-2017, 04:45 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,098 Times in 2,007 Posts
Mentioned: 423 Post(s)
Quoted: 3109 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamnslash View Post

Check your driveline. Be sure your front hubs are free, drive axle is smooth and brakes are not dragging (parking brakes suck on this model) then check your trailer too. I think with that poor milage you have a problem. Might be dpf/Regen issue
Solid advice... always check for drag.

GD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaguire View Post
So says the internet... ...and so it shall be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
OK, thanks for the info. To show my ignorance, what is the problem with 3 nipples...
post #18 of 28 Old 06-01-2017, 12:08 PM

The OP is also a Gas job looking for a reason to switch. His mileage doesn't seem that bad for a gas engine. Hopefully some of the diesel mileage posts will help him decide if it is worth the switch.
post #19 of 28 Old 06-01-2017, 12:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vozaday View Post
The OP is also a Gas job looking for a reason to switch. His mileage doesn't seem that bad for a gas engine. Hopefully some of the diesel mileage posts will help him decide if it is worth the switch.

Your username looks familiar. Were you on the ecoboost forum a while back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #20 of 28 Old 06-01-2017, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jav_eee View Post
Your username looks familiar. Were you on the ecoboost forum a while back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yup, I keep the same username across all forums I'm on. As much as I loved my ecoboost, I'm very glad I made the switch to a diesel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode