Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum (https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/)
-   General 6.7 Discussion (2011-2016) (https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-6-7-discussion-2011-2016/)
-   -   Memory seat - losing it's memory? (https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-6-7-discussion-2011-2016/1176018-memory-seat-losing-its-memory.html)

bogeyman 10-16-2016 10:17 PM

Memory seat - losing it's memory?

2015 F-350 Platinum.

Most of the time, when I put the key in the ignition, the seat & mirrors remember their settings and the seat moves back into its set position and all is well.

Then sometimes, for a reason I have yet to identify, when I put the key in the ignition, the seat makes a quick "brrrrp" noise, moves a fraction, then stops. Pressing the "1" button on the driver's door does nothing.

All the controls work fine and I can readjust things to where I want and now I am back to where I started and for at least the next few entries/exits, the seat/mirrors will return to their settings when I put the key in.

There's only one key involved - I have no other keys.

Clues? Suggestions?

HeavyAssault 10-17-2016 04:25 AM

Turn ignition On, set everything to the preferred position, Press #1 and hold till you hear the beep and then a second beep, then hit the LOCK button on the key.

bogeyman 10-17-2016 11:08 PM

Hmmm... tried that with button #1 - no beeps, nothing.

Button #2 - did the beep. So, I'll go with that and see it it works.

I only have the one key for the truck. Only came with one - no spare. I'm off the the dealer next week, and I'll be asking him to "pair" the additional key(s) I have so that I'll have some spares.

Maybe the fact that button #1 doesn't work is related?

HeavyAssault 10-18-2016 02:39 PM

Yea...should be two beeps when you hold it down till you hear the beeps.

bogeyman 10-18-2016 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeavyAssault (Post 14207346)
Yea...should be two beeps when you hold it down till you hear the beeps.

Yup. Held it down for about 30s - no beeps.
Button two beeped, then pause, beeped again. Then I pressed unlock on key fob and it beeped again.

I've only had this truck a few weeks, so I am getting used to it. I'm also trying to build up a list of the little annoying crap like this that I can have the dealer address while I still have the 36k bumper-to-bumper warranty (less than 5k to go).

bogeyman 11-22-2016 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bogeyman (Post 14207682)
Yup. Held it down for about 30s - no beeps.

Button two beeped, then pause, beeped again. Then I pressed unlock on key fob and it beeped again.

I've only had this truck a few weeks, so I am getting used to it. I'm also trying to build up a list of the little annoying crap like this that I can have the dealer address while I still have the 36k bumper-to-bumper warranty (less than 5k to go).

Ended up taking it in... Dealer replaced switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk