[help] Pulling hard to one side when braking - Page 3 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion (2011-2016) General 6.7 Discussion

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 26 Old 05-16-2016, 06:31 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrokenBoost View Post
Well this has reared its ugly head again. Of course at this point, we know its the ABS system causing the issue.

I'm debating on bringing into Ford to get it looked at. I'm just really nervous because I am deleted and tuned. I can certainly restore it back to stock except for the lift kit. I got rid of my springs, factory rear blocks and the crappy wheels.

So I called my local dealer and discussed the issue and said look I want some sort of written agreement that you are not going to ding my VIN in your little Ford system about my emissions delete and try to void my warranty.

He basically said they can't make any changes or notes that would reflect that you are modified. He said the only time this becomes an issue is when Ford comes out to do an inspection when there is dispute over warranty coverage due to modifications.

If the dealer isn't going to just fix it, then I would just pick it up rather than force an inspection.
That is not true. A dealer can red flag your truck without Ford coming to do an inspection. It is a matter of how nice or willing your dealer is on working with you.

15 6.7 F350 CCSB 4x4 Platinum Bronze Fire
Husky mats, all LED interior, Nushield for MFT, Bakflip F1 with Bakbox 2, Dieselsite fuel filter, DeeZee tailgate assist, Hellwig Rear Sway bar, Bilstein 5100s

dlr

**Support the Online Vendors!!! Want your best price, buy from Scott Pratt!! Get your truck in 3-4 weeks, order to delivered!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by blwnsmoke; 05-16-2016 at 07:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 Old 05-16-2016, 06:42 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Yep - I agree. I think they are full of ****. Because ANYTIME you visit the dealer they can put ANY notes they want into the nationwide OASIS system. Like when you visit the dealer, they make notes in the computer about what the customer's issue is with the vehicle, then when they fix it, they make notes on what was done. ALL of this can be re-called by any dealer, including ford at anytime.

All the dealer has to do is be a dick and put something stupid in the notes like customer complained of X.... coverage denied due to vehicle modifications... and bingo your F****'ed.

That can be recalled by ANY dealer, any Ford rep... When I bought my Cobra used, I had a buddy at a dealer run an Oasis report for me... I knew about every oil change and warranty repair that was ever done to that thing at the dealers.
post #23 of 26 Old 12-19-2016, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

So after many months of pulling my hair out with this, new brakes, rebuilt calipers all the way around and no help from the dealer, I threw the towel in and took it to a very reputable 4x4 shop and they concluded that my rough country 4.5 inch lift is a total piece of **** and is the source of all my issues. They said my tie rod end at the pitman arm was already worn from mis-aligned geometry and the stock track bar is highly recommended to be upgraded on lifted super dutys. SO... long story short... we ripped out the rough country lift and installed a 4 inch BDS kit and I must say, holy ****, what a difference. It drives like a stock truck (perhaps better even). Steering is very tight, doesn't wander, braking issues GONE!!! It drives like a dream!!!

DO NOT BUY ROUGH COUNTRY LIFT KITS for these trucks!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 26 Old 12-20-2016, 03:40 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Glad your issue got resolved. Hopefully it didn't cause any premature wear on anything else.
post #25 of 26 Old 12-20-2016, 03:52 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Glad you got it sorted out but I don't understand how the lift induced a hard pull while braking.
post #26 of 26 Old 12-20-2016, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJFLASH View Post
Glad you got it sorted out but I don't understand how the lift induced a hard pull while braking.
Yep - this may not be the most accurate explanation, but imagine if your steering linkage is loose, which it was, first off my steering was all over the place... wandering, sloppy etc... now you hit your brakes and the front end flexes and drops downward.... I'm visualizing that what ever side the linkage was leaning to begin with results in a pull to that side because of the extra weight and force being applied to the front suspension while braking (again... my speculation here). The shop said they have seen it happen before. They checked all my brakes too and said my brake job is solid.

Also... the new lift kit came with MUCH better brake line extensions. I'm not sure if that made a difference also or was adding to the problem, but the rough country kit is total ****. The brake line extensions did not really drop them down enough and one side was on a forced U shape. The whole kit was just junk in comparison to the BDS kit... in the front and back also, all the brake lines and ABS lines were just mounted loose not using any of the factory clips or replacements to make them mount back to the factory locations. The new kit has adapters and mounting points for everything.

I wish I had comparison pictures of what the front suspension looks like before and after also... If you could see the difference in angles of everything. The rough country kit drop brackets were complete crap... everything on the BDS has nice shallow geometry.

Also a nice benefit, the BDS kit had some "add a leaf" options for towing. I tow a heavy *** 5th wheel. I really needed a thicker leaf pack to do it right. So now I have a 5 leaf pack, which is the equivalent of Fords camper package, minus the overload spring, and I have my airbags for overload. Essentially the rear suspension is like a 1 Ton now. Its just pure awesome-ness... very happy.

For google searches...

rough country super duty kits are junk

rough country F-250 F-350 kits are junk...

Rough country ford super duty F-250 F-350 DO NOT BUY!!!

Rough Country JUNK!!!

#roughcountryjunk

http://www.powerstrokeforum.com/foru...face_angry.png
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode