FORScan App - Page 27 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion (2011-2016) General 6.7 Discussion

 43Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #261 of 282 Old 01-12-2020, 02:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 6
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm a greenhorn...anybody know if FORScan can be used with anything more than Ford products? Like GM/Chrysler?
I've got a friend's Dodge that Forscan wont read...
Thanks!
k

Tiny:
2013 F-350 6.7 DRW 4x4 FX4 Lariat Loaded
Deleted Lifted Tonneau'd Goodrich mudders
Unknown tuner/chip
Kilowatt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #262 of 282 Old 01-12-2020, 03:52 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: The Island
Posts: 740
Thanks: 17
Thanked 48 Times in 48 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilowatt View Post
I'm a greenhorn...anybody know if FORScan can be used with anything more than Ford products? Like GM/Chrysler?
I've got a friend's Dodge that Forscan wont read...
Thanks!
k
Ford/Lincoln products only I believe.

The Resurrection
lowmpg is offline  
post #263 of 282 Old 01-18-2020, 03:31 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 65
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2011 Lariat Ultimate

Used forscan to set to off the following, did it in basic mode not "as built"

Confirmed working at the moment:
Bambi mode on (it was listed as Europe only)
Welcome screen off, seems it only changed the cluster still have the NAV active ford screen on start up
TPMS since I have used aftermarket wheels from a '17, sensors are not compatible.
Driver belt reminder

Still pending to verify on next drive:
Forced regen/DPF% screen (didn't work on the drive today)

Options that were not there:
Number of flashes on bump

Last edited by ehagerty; 01-18-2020 at 12:31 PM.
ehagerty is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #264 of 282 Old 01-18-2020, 05:51 AM
Super Moderator

 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Tallassee, AL
Posts: 1,502
Thanks: 2
Thanked 236 Times in 226 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The number of flashes on the turn signal is there. I have mine set to 5 for a lane change. With a trailer hooked to the 7 pin socket, it adds 2 flashes more for the lane change.

Larry

2015 F350 Ultra Lariat 6.7L CCLB DRW 3.73 Limited Slip, Green Gem Metallic w/ Caribou accent, Camper Package, Titan 65gal tank, Rapid Heat, Block Heater, Upfitter Switches, Dual Alternators, Cable Lock, Husky Floor Liners, Spray in Bedliner, 5th Wheel Prep, 25K 5th Wheel Hitch, Ford Goose Neck Hitch.

Traded 2011 F350 XLT CCLB SRW 6.2L gasser 6,000 miles for 2015

Sold 1996 F350 XLT CCLB DRW 7.3L 208,000 miles
Larry1013 is offline  
post #265 of 282 Old 01-18-2020, 06:32 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 65
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry1013 View Post
The number of flashes on the turn signal is there. I have mine set to 5 for a lane change. With a trailer hooked to the 7 pin socket, it adds 2 flashes more for the lane change.
Hummm I wonder what it is under? I didn't see it under SCCM. I was not in "as built" mode just where there are the drop downs. I will look again to see if maybe it is worded differently and I just missed it

Last edited by ehagerty; 01-18-2020 at 06:36 AM.
ehagerty is offline  
post #266 of 282 Old 01-18-2020, 11:55 AM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: The Island
Posts: 740
Thanks: 17
Thanked 48 Times in 48 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehagerty View Post
Hummm I wonder what it is under? I didn't see it under SCCM. I was not in "as built" mode just where there are the drop downs. I will look again to see if maybe it is worded differently and I just missed it
Line 57 of this spreadsheet. It is there.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=882975515

The Resurrection
lowmpg is offline  
post #267 of 282 Old 01-18-2020, 12:12 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 65
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowmpg View Post
Line 57 of this spreadsheet. It is there.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=882975515
Yes I have that spreadsheet but when I go into Forscan the non-as built part is just drop downs and you just choose enable or disable. I felt safer using it. There is no option to do flashes there for my 2011. I might poke around in as-built but was afraid of screwing something up
ehagerty is offline  
post #268 of 282 Old 01-19-2020, 03:39 AM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: The Island
Posts: 740
Thanks: 17
Thanked 48 Times in 48 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehagerty View Post
Yes I have that spreadsheet but when I go into Forscan the non-as built part is just drop downs and you just choose enable or disable. I felt safer using it. There is no option to do flashes there for my 2011. I might poke around in as-built but was afraid of screwing something up

Yeah it isn't going to show up in the drop down, you'll need to edit the cell. There is nothing to it at all.

The Resurrection
lowmpg is offline  
post #269 of 282 Old 01-19-2020, 04:06 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 65
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowmpg View Post
Yeah it isn't going to show up in the drop down, you'll need to edit the cell. There is nothing to it at all.
Cool I will try just that one today.

The DPF% screen is a little more sketchy since I have seen conflicting numbers posted. I switched it in the drop down to manual regen on but there is no screen showing % so o way to know to manual regen or its status.

Is this the speed limiter? If so at what speed does it kick in? Is it worth shutting off?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9461.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	943.3 KB
ID:	727285  
ehagerty is offline  
post #270 of 282 Old 01-19-2020, 06:44 AM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: The Island
Posts: 740
Thanks: 17
Thanked 48 Times in 48 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehagerty View Post
Cool I will try just that one today.

The DPF% screen is a little more sketchy since I have seen conflicting numbers posted. I switched it in the drop down to manual regen on but there is no screen showing % so o way to know to manual regen or its status.

Is this the speed limiter? If so at what speed does it kick in? Is it worth shutting off?

I've never seen anyone post about modifying 'speed control' so considering what you're playing with, I'd leave that alone if it were me

The Resurrection
lowmpg is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome