Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum (https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/)
-   General 6.7 Discussion (2011-2016) (https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-6-7-discussion-2011-2016/)
-   -   2015 Coolant Top Off (https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-6-7-discussion-2011-2016/1091050-2015-coolant-top-off.html)

ImAti0n 02-17-2016 11:25 AM

2015 Coolant Top Off
 
So after I did my egr delete I lost some coolant. Enough to have the level drop below the required fill line on the primary and secondary.

I'm gonna be doing a long drive tomorrow up to the mountains and wanted to top it off.

Do I just get the new orange motorcraft coolant from ford and top it off and call it good?

jwalk09 02-17-2016 11:57 AM

Yep


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HorseMover 02-17-2016 12:33 PM

How long did it take you? Gotta be nice to reclaim that space under the hood.

ImAti0n 02-17-2016 01:59 PM

I just did the block off plates as I live in California and didn't want to remove the whole thing. The plates were easy took about an hour.

HorseMover 02-17-2016 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImAti0n (Post 13180386)
I just did the block off plates as I live in California and didn't want to remove the whole thing. The plates were easy took about an hour.

Thanks...I thought you did the entire delete. Debating which way to go. I know the plates are easy but would love to just get the whole thing out and be done too.

ImAti0n 02-17-2016 04:39 PM

From what I've read the plates offer the same benefits as a full delete minus the extra engine compartment room.

harley6oh 02-17-2016 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImAti0n (Post 13179738)
So after I did my egr delete I lost some coolant. Enough to have the level drop below the required fill line on the primary and secondary.

I'm gonna be doing a long drive tomorrow up to the mountains and wanted to top it off.

Do I just get the new orange motorcraft coolant from ford and top it off and call it good?

You'll be fine with doing that. But down the road you'll run into problems using that ford gold coolant crap. You need to switch to a cat ec-1 rated coolant

bigjerm7 02-17-2016 04:56 PM

The 6.7 doesn't use the gold coolant, it uses the orange.

DIGMAR 02-17-2016 07:05 PM

How'd you lose coolant doing the block off plates??

jwalk09 02-17-2016 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harley6oh (Post 13181346)
You'll be fine with doing that. But down the road you'll run into problems using that ford gold coolant crap. You need to switch to a cat ec-1 rated coolant


It's not a 6.0




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

vB.Sponsors
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome