Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Leveling Kit Advice Needed

13K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  billybadd 
#1 ·
Since I'm still in the process of doing my initial setup of my new truck I would like to add a leveling kit. My goals are to run a 35x12.5x20 on the factory wheels for now.

I have seen a lot of different styles of leveling kits on the market for these new trucks, but I'm not sure which ones are bad, good or overkill. I've heard a lot of good reviews on the Ready-lift kits as well as the Carli kits. However, I've seen kits with spacers from $69 and kits with new replacement coils upward of $1000. I've also seen kits from 1" to 3.5" front leveling.

So which kit would make the ride comfortable and not break the bank? My truck is a 2016 F-350 Platinum that DOES NOT have the camper or snow plow prep package.

Thanks for any help.

#4 ·
I put Toyo A/T2 295/65R20 tires on Ultra 20x9 wheels on my stock truck. The Toyos are rated at 35.1" and no rub on stock

I leveled my truck with what ever brand the 4x4 shop used. Was about $250 installed. 21,000 miles later no problems.

I did have to add air bags to the rear. Anytime I hooked up my GN Horse trailer I felt like I was really sagging on the rear and got flashed by lots of cars after dark. Once I added the air bags, Not many flashes if I remember to pump them up when I hook up.

Although the wider tires/wheels do throw more mud on the sides of the truck

#11 ·
I think the tradeoff in looks is worth the extra dirt. :) Your truck looks great.

View attachment 487522

Leveled on rough country springs with 36s. 325/60/20
Aren't the Rough Country springs only 1.5" higher? I'm not sure that will bring my truck up to level. Do you have anymore pics of it?

I have a Ready Lift SST kit on my F350 with Fox Shocks and I love it.

Sits level, rides great and I have no complaints.
What size SST kit did you go with? I see there are quite a few different ones available. Did you have to order the Fox Shocks separate or is there an option for them with the kit?

Also, if I level the front with say 2-3" do I need to replace the tracbar? Is an alignment required after leveling the truck? Sorry for all the questions guys but I want to do it right and avoid any costly mistakes. Thanks!

#7 ·
I did the Carli leveling kit. Last truck I did the spacer and regretted it. Carli kit has an adjustable trac bar so everything aligns like stock. I'm running a stock size tire for now. Like the better mpg. I do run air bags for towing heavy.

#13 ·
Is this the stage 3 tow? We need pics. I'm about to bite the bullet on the stage 3 tow and put 285/75/18 (35-11.22) Nitto Trails on stock wheels.

#10 ·
I just went to my local shop, but if I remember right. It was a 2 1/2" leveling kit and a Icon Adj track bar.

#19 ·
Any rubbing? Your setup looks great

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.