How do you carry your concealed weapons in your trucks - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 Old 01-27-2014, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How do you carry your concealed weapons in your trucks

My concealed pistol I carry on me but I have a little pistol safe on my nightstand that I thought about mounting somewhere in my truck to permanently keep my .45 in. It's one of those quick combination safes and thought about seeing if it'll fit in my center council. That way I don't have to worry about my son getting ahold of it since it'll be in a mounted safe and secure. I'd like to see your ideas and pics if you have any.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 01-27-2014, 06:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
subbed. I'd like to see some ideas too.
post #3 of 37 Old 01-27-2014, 06:44 PM

I put mine in my factory gun safe in the console. .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 Old 01-27-2014, 06:50 PM

Why do you not carry it on you??? That's where you need it. Invest in the right carry holster and like me its on my hip unless im in bed sleeping, then its on the nightstand.
If you are referring to a storage place like if you were to be drinking alcohol and therefore would not have it on you then I will look for a link I have somewhere that shows how to convert your passenger airbag to a concealed compartment.
1tonford4me likes this.

8" Skyjacker lift
2" wheel spacers
22" American Racing rims
40x15.5x22 M16's
DIY intake
Zoodad Mod
4" strait exaust
Glowshift gauges
DIY Boost Fooler
Unplugged wastegate
TS 6 position chip
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 37 Old 01-27-2014, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr8082 View Post
Why do you not carry it on you??? That's where you need it. Invest in the right carry holster and like me its on my hip unless im in bed sleeping, then its on the nightstand.
If you are referring to a storage place like if you were to be drinking alcohol and therefore would not have it on you then I will look for a link I have somewhere that shows how to convert your passenger airbag to a concealed compartment.
Should have been more clear. I do carry my 9mm on me all the time. I just want to keep my .45 in my truck. My wife carries too and here in Michigan spouses can carrier each others registered guns so if she's in my truck driving she would be fine and covered by keeping a gun in there all the time. Just looking for some safe/secure ways to keep it in there. We do have kids and safety is a must, even though my oldest who is 6 already knows gun safety and how to operate both his BB guns, his .22, 20 ga and single shot 12 ga lol!!
post #6 of 37 Old 01-27-2014, 07:08 PM

In for ideas too. I keep my Glock as a 'truck gun' and keep my 1911 on my person. I can't carry at work (work with kids) and I can't carry at school (university) so somewhere secure in the truck would be nice. I have been thinking about mounting a small vehicle safe behind the fold down center console/seat (regular cab split bench truck).
post #7 of 37 Old 01-28-2014, 07:37 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have a "console vault" in my center console. It works great. They offer them with a key lock of a combo lock. I have the combo lock. Pretty sturdy, won't stop someone if they have 3ft pry bar and time but it will stop a smash and grab.

Sent from "smart" phone. Autocorrect is my worst enema. 🔫
post #8 of 37 Old 01-28-2014, 08:39 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Bulldog safe under drivers eat, attached via the cable to the seat mount. I cant carry at work so I lock it in there, then get it out when I get back. Mine is keyed, I'm not a digit lock person, prefer keys.

21 bucks at Cabelas or Dicks, etc.
post #9 of 37 Old 01-28-2014, 09:07 AM

A gun is worthless if it's not on you. Keep it close. A locked gun in a pinch is worthless.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
1tonford4me likes this.
post #10 of 37 Old 01-28-2014, 09:12 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I have a 357 in a compartment under the back seat, and I'll usually put my 45 in the center console if I need a place to put it temporarily. I can't drive long distances with my 380 or my wallet in my back pocket (I must be getting old), so the 380 goes in the door/map pocket area, in the smaller section at the rear of the door.

I'd like to find a way to keep my AR-15 somewhere in the truck, but I go to Iowa often and it's too short to be legal there.

That said, I don't have kids (yet), so I have a lot less to worry about than some people. I'm interested what people do though, because I'm sure I'm going to have to worry about kids sooner or later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in