2010 6.4 problems - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old Today, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2010 6.4 problems

Okay so I bought the truck with 112,000 miles on it. Ran fine nothing wrong. I got the dpf deleted and a sct tuner x3 I believe. Couple months go by and it would hard shift and stay at high rpm until I got home. I would plug the tuner in and reset it back into the same custom tune I had it in and it would run perfect. A week or month would go by and again it would do it again had dshift then stay high rpm all the way home. This time it would not crank. I had to unplug a wire my local mechanic told me and touch it to the positive of the battery and it would fire up and run. I would reset tune and truck runs perfectly. We I got smart and found a pattern there is a specific sharp turn that I have to brake then accelerate coming out of turn in my town. It hard shifts and stays in what feels like a low gear when I accelerate after braking. I plugged tuner up and it gave a brake circuit b code. Today I got in it and the truck would not even crank. Left nothing on all night. What can be causing this? Tuner need updating? It has to be electrical, sensor, breaker? Nothing should be wrong with hard components. Something is not getting a good signal or a wire is short circuiting. But it all started after I got the dpf deleted and the tuner. On I need to mention that. Brand new tuner didn’t come in the day the mechanic did work so I’m the one I have is the old sct x3 he got out of his employees truck and used.... please help I need a reliable truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode