• 2 Post By Durapig Eater

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 07-22-2017, 07:54 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
rear air bags

I'm thinking about putting a set of air bags on the back of my 2010 f 250 4x4 . any help would be nice in picking out a set . don't have to be the best ,,, but a friend has a set of airlift with compresser and dual gauge off his 04 .. anyone know if they would fit my truck ,, thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-22-2017, 08:18 AM

Thanked 1,820 Times in 1,764 Posts
Mentioned: 704 Post(s)
Quoted: 3949 Post(s)
Airlift and Firestone make a decent bag

the over the spring type is sturdier IMO

go look at their parts finders then open the pdf directions to see what your getting in to

the Airlift wireless has been on my truck for years I love it
dullybob likes this.

6.0 flush pdf
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 07-22-2017, 08:19 AM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Quoted: 573 Post(s)
I just installed Airlift Loadlifter Ultimate 5000 rear airbags and a wireless air compressor in my 6.0. They help.

I ended up installing these myself, and it took much longer than the "Three hours with simple tools" the company claimed, but they went on in my garage.

I went with the wireless one to keep the dual air gauges out of my truck. Did not really have a place these dual gauges would fit, and with the wireless one, I can get out of the truck and adjust the air.

I installed the airbags first, and thought about going without the compressor, but I'm glad I got one. Now makes hooking and unhooking the trailer a breeze. I would not have access to air to inflate and deflate the bags when I hooked up and unhooked the trailer.

I had also wanted an accessory air port built into the compressor system to inflate the tires, but this option is not offered anymore. The airbags are rather small compared to the tires and the compressors that come with they system to automatically inflate the airbags are quite small and would take forever to inflate a tire.

I also forgot to deflate the airbags once, and the ride without the trailer at 65 PSI in the Airbags was a bit bumpy in the rear.
dullybob likes this.

2005 F250, 189,000 Miles
Bullet Proof HD Oil Cooler w/ Cold Weather Kit, Bullet Proof EGR, Bulletproof Water Pump, 7.3 Fan Clutch
Airlift 5k Airbags and Wireless Air
Edge CTS w/ EGT probe and Fuel Pressure Sensor.
15 MPG slick; 10 MPG towing 11k fifth wheel
Ravelco

6.0 Flush Procedure:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Good 6.0 Reading:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 07-22-2017, 08:37 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
If you call airlift they will answer any crazy questions you can come up with. The gauge/compressor systems are pretty much universal and the bags are all the same within series as far as I understand. Its the mounting hardware that's different. They will sell you individual pieces or a mounting hardware kit or possibly source from fleabay.

They are nice, I have the airlift ultimate with no complaints.

@ZMANN is kind of a suspension upgrade diva....
ZMANN and dullybob like this.

Personal Truck/Heavy Hauler 12 F350 XL 4x4 DRW CCLB 3.73 LSD Black
Shop built headache rack, tie downs, and knock down ladder rack, Tread plate bed mat, Airbags, Cheapo light bar, bug screen on the grill, transfer tank w/ pump and racor filter, shimmed overloads, CTS, X4 Tyrant tunes, Full Dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk285 View Post
Durapig you win the internets today hahahaha

Just because your not paranoid doesn't mean their not out to get you...
post #5 of 7 Old 07-22-2017, 10:54 AM

Thanked 1,820 Times in 1,764 Posts
Mentioned: 704 Post(s)
Quoted: 3949 Post(s)
Airlift has a 7500 series now
I am contemplating a swap

i would avoid the in cab hoses and gauges and used compressors myself but I bought used bags and still have them working fine today 6 years later

6.0 flush pdf
post #6 of 7 Old 07-25-2019, 12:16 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I think the 7500 only fit the Ram's ....5000 is the biggest I could get for my F450
post #7 of 7 Old 07-25-2019, 12:23 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durapig Eater View Post
.... the bags are all the same within series as far as I understand. Its the mounting hardware that's different. They will sell you individual pieces or a mounting hardware kit ....

@ZMANN is kind of a suspension upgrade diva....
I just received the Airlift 5000 ultimate plus model for the F450, install pending...( to damn hot out)

The standard 5000 has no jounce bumper inside the bag and you cant run it without air in the bag
The ultimate 5000 has a jounce bumper in the bag and you could run it with out air, although they recommend at lest 5 psi to keep the bag in shape.
The ultimate 5000 plus includes stainless steel roll plates and braided air lines
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode