Body Mounts and Aftermarket Replacements - Page 2 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 24 Old 04-14-2016, 07:26 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
@toren302 , No doubt it won't fix rad failures, I just want to prolong the lifespan as much as possible. A new rad every six months sucks. I did center them and still didn't like the fit. Proper torque and everything mine did make noise from movement. It was mainly going into a dipping turn but would happen in other situations too. I haven't heard it since installing the rubber front mounts.

I don't have much faith left with rads because like you said it is a mounting issue.

1997 F350 CCLB 7.3
2019 F350 CCSB 6.7 Lariat Sport

Last edited by ars5147; 04-14-2016 at 07:45 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 Old 04-14-2016, 07:41 AM Thread Starter

@SparkyF250 , The truck never has been hit that I know of. I bought it with 9,500 miles and have about 98k now. The title is clean and there's no evidence of repair at all.

I thought using the truck for work was amplifying the rad failure situation. I used to daily drive it and I work on the pipelines. It saw a lot of off road use and thousands of miles of crap WV, PA, and OH back roads. WV is the worst haha. The county roads were worse than the ROW.

Since I bought my raptor and quit driving the 6.4 for work, I've still had rad failures from just around town and highway driving. The time frame for the failure has been about 6 months every time.

It sits in the mounts nicely and there hasn't been any binding during installation.

1997 F350 CCLB 7.3
post #13 of 24 Old 04-14-2016, 08:07 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 232 Post(s)
Quoted: 3345 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ars5147 View Post
@SparkyF250 ,I used to daily drive it and I work on the pipelines. It saw a lot of off road use and thousands of miles of crap WV, PA, and OH back roads. WV is the worst haha. The county roads were worse than the ROW.

It sits in the mounts nicely and there hasn't been any binding during installation.
I don't know, I'm in the Utica shale play and since it began all our roads turned to crap I'm on the western edge in the oil rich part so drilling slowed WAY down for now. I have a year left on my lease so I hope things pick back up soon. Can't complain too much since just a 3 yr lease extension payed off my farm, truck and all the rest of my debts. It brought a bunch of much needed $$ to a poor part of OH. Almost all the farmers I know used to have to work a job off the farm just to make ends meet.

That's weird going through that many rads though, work truck on the pipelines/oilfields makes some sense, but as a dd it's strange.

If you get back to OH (Harrison or Guernsey Co) when things pick back up, PM me and we can get together

Sparky
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 F250 CCSB KR 4x4 6.0 4" Flo-Pro,
Fox 2.0s, Toyo ATs, CTS2 Pro, Blue Spring, BPD 7.3 Fan Clutch, IPR Coolant Filter

2000 F350 SCLB Dually 4x4, 7.3 6 Speed Hydra, CTS2, S&B Air, 4'' SS Diamond Eye

2005 Explorer XLT 4x4 Mountaineer,
Toyo ATs, Wife's grocery getter

1993 F150 4x4, 302 5 speed, winter truck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 24 Old 04-14-2016, 08:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyF250 View Post
I don't know, I'm in the Utica shale play and since it began all our roads turned to crap I'm on the western edge in the oil rich part so drilling slowed WAY down for now. I have a year left on my lease so I hope things pick back up soon. Can't complain too much since just a 3 yr lease extension payed off my farm, truck and all the rest of my debts. It brought a bunch of much needed $$ to a poor part of OH. Almost all the farmers I know used to have to work a job off the farm just to make ends meet.

That's weird going through that many rads though, work truck on the pipelines/oilfields makes some sense, but as a dd it's strange.

If you get back to OH (Harrison or Guernsey Co) when things pick back up, PM me and we can get together
It has been great to the people of SE OH. It has some of the poorest places around since strip mining ended. You know who has a lease or pipeline, new building, new tractors, new truck. I get to see the benefits of it first hand. Really pisses me off to hear all the liberals and ignorant trying to ban this and that. They have no clue.

I hope things pick up soon. I've been off work long enough. Price is down and an election year is never good. Last job I was one went from Powhatan to Bloomingdale (we still aren't done though so I'll probably head back once the contractor gets back to work). I worked a lot near Cadiz too. I know Monroe, Belmont, and Jefferson county pretty well. Nice country in that part of OH.
warrior3535 and SparkyF250 like this.

1997 F350 CCLB 7.3
post #15 of 24 Old 04-14-2016, 09:31 AM
Premium Member

Garage
@ars5147 did you work on the lines going to the big Mark West plant they built in Cadiz? (I'm on 22 just W of 800) The pipeline guys didn't get hit quite as bad as the oilfield guys. They're still trying to get caught up to all the wells already drilled. They have a problem around here moving crude, most of the lines they've been putting in are for ng, and they got a real wet spot here. Londonderry township has like 6 or 8 of the top 10 oil wells in OH. I probably see 20 tankers a day moving oil and that's with limited production. My lease expires Aug 2017, so if I'm not in a well pool by then I can shop for a new lease. Trouble is the lease money has dried up like everything else till the oil & ng prices recover. I'm not complaining though, debt free is a nice feeling

Sorry we got off topic

Sparky

Fox 2.0s, Toyo ATs, CTS2 Pro, Blue Spring, BPD 7.3 Fan Clutch, IPR Coolant Filter

post #16 of 24 Old 04-14-2016, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

I haven't worked on any of those lines, a few friends have. I did work on the one that went from the fractionator in Scio all the way to the Markwest Plant in Majorsville WV. Rode it all the way from Cadiz to Majorsville, something like 58 miles.

Marathon is working on an oil pipeline to Dayton right now.

You're right, pipeline hasn't been hit as hard because the infrastructure is not up to par in support of moving the gas and oil, but it has really slacked off. Companies just keep putting jobs on hold till the price goes back up and the instant return is better.

Don't worry about getting off topic. I'd much rather talk about pipelining in OH haha.
SparkyF250 likes this.

1997 F350 CCLB 7.3
post #17 of 24 Old 04-14-2016, 02:31 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
I haven't worked on any of those lines, a few friends have. I did work on the one that went from the fractionator in Scio all the way to the Markwest Plant in Majorsville WV. Rode it all the way from Cadiz to Majorsville, something like 58 miles.

Marathon is working on an oil pipeline to Dayton right now.

You're right, pipeline hasn't been hit as hard because the infrastructure is not up to par in support of moving the gas and oil, but it has really slacked off. Companies just keep putting jobs on hold till the price goes back up and the instant return is better.

Don't worry about getting off topic. I'd much rather talk about pipelining in OH haha.
Yeah it's Marathon tankers I see going by here everyday. My son's 4H advisor has one of the good oil wells. I heard a number, and I'm not sure if it's true but it was something like $50k a month! The first few were like $150k (I could live on that!) They have a much bigger farm than me though. I have 80 acres, they have 3 or 400. Mark West was going to put a line across my place but the landowner just N of me tried holding them up for more money. They turned it at my SE corner and went around both of us. I tried to tell him. It's just as well, I'd rather not have one under me anyway. Plus it's close enough so I'm still a good spot for a well. Course it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they drilled it on my neighbor and just drilled under me. I just want to see a check every month. Then I might have to join the 6.7 forum.

Sparky

post #18 of 24 Old 04-14-2016, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

There's some wells paying huge monthly royalties. An old man (84 yrs) here in PA was getting 6 figures a month. Granted, he had a few wells, a bunch of pipelines, at least one valve yard. He would come BS with us everyday as we were running another line into his valve yard from a nearby well. Could have been blowing smoke up our butts but I don't think he was. He had no reason to lie to us.

Never take the first offer, always take the second, there won't be a third haha. But you always have that "one neighbor" haha. I bet he is not happy to get squat. Greed can really backfire on you.

6.7 forum Even as an inspector and pipeline money, I have no idea how people afford those. I started to look for a 6.7 and sell my 6.4 and trade my raptor in and I quit trying after actually talking about numbers with a few dealers. I'm pretty cheap though and have never bought a brand new vehicle. The outrageous monthly payments!!

1997 F350 CCLB 7.3

Last edited by ars5147; 04-14-2016 at 03:13 PM.
post #19 of 24 Old 04-14-2016, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyF250 View Post
like $50k a month!
I talk with landowners a lot, knowing or having an idea what they are getting, and it's amazing how humble most of these people remain.
SparkyF250 likes this.

1997 F350 CCLB 7.3
post #20 of 24 Old 04-14-2016, 03:03 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
There's some wells paying huge monthly royalties. An old man (84 yrs) here in PA was getting 6 figures a month. Granted, he had a few wells, a bunch of pipelines, at least one valve yard. He would come BS with us everyday as we were running another line into his valve yard from a nearby well. Could have been blowing smoke up our butts but I don't think he was. He had no reason to lie to us.

Never take the first offer, always take the second, there won't be a third haha. But you always have that "one neighbor" haha. I bet he is not happy to get squat. Greed can really backfire on you.

6.7 forum Even as an inspector and pipeline money, I have no idea how people afford those. I started to look for a 6.7 and sell my 6.4 and trade my raptor in and I quit trying after actually talking about numbers with a few dealers. I'm pretty cheap though and have never bought a brand new vehicle. The outrageous monthly payments!!
The last new one I bought was my 95 F150 and I still have it. lol
has 176k and pretty rusty, but hey need something to drive in the winter. My 08 already needs bed crossmembers and a cab corner needs work before it's too late. And It was parked last winter. The salt is hard on these things.

As for my neighbor he has a few different farms and the one up the road is 320 Acres he got $1.5m on that lease. He didn't care about the pipeline. He's about as old as Moses and won't spend a dime. His boys will when he's gone though.

Sparky

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode