• 1 Post By Saltfishr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 01-13-2015, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ECT and EOT.. may need thermostat also

got my scanguage 2 from BPD today and my coolant filter yesterday. so i figured while i go install the coolant filter i'd post something about my numbers and deltas and see if any of yall had the same. i been reading about the 15* delta thing. mine hasnt hit that yet. its getting close but not 15* difference.

my eot stays about 190-191 and my coolant stays 179-180. this is doing about 65 mph on the interstate. while just crusing the surface streets the difference between the two is smaller but that coolant loves to stay lower. im wondering if i should go get a 19$ thermostat and just change the darn thing.

well.. going instal the coolant filter. your feedback would be appreciated friends
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 01-13-2015, 10:30 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHIDE View Post
got my scanguage 2 from BPD today and my coolant filter yesterday. so i figured while i go install the coolant filter i'd post something about my numbers and deltas and see if any of yall had the same. i been reading about the 15* delta thing. mine hasnt hit that yet. its getting close but not 15* difference.

my eot stays about 190-191 and my coolant stays 179-180. this is doing about 65 mph on the interstate. while just crusing the surface streets the difference between the two is smaller but that coolant loves to stay lower. im wondering if i should go get a 19$ thermostat and just change the darn thing.

well.. going instal the coolant filter. your feedback would be appreciated friends
Change the thermostat, but be sure to use an OE Ford part.

05 Extended Cab FX4
SCT w/ Gearhead Tunes
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ble-Blah mod...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Edge Insight CTS w/EGT
PHP Tuned FICM-Hercules
post #3 of 10 Old 01-13-2015, 10:44 AM
Your Local Windex Brewer

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
Start with the thermostat, with any luck you will be able to get enough of the sand and particulate out with the coolant filter that when you do end up flushing the system it wont clog even more. Got my fingers crossed for you bud, if all else fails flush it... Replace oil cooler, and put that lovely red elc in .

2015 F350 SRW CCSB Lariat - Stock, for now

2008 F350 SRW CCSB FX4 - Airaid CAI, FloPro 5" straight pipe, Egr delete with BD intake elbow, SCT X4 with tunes from Tyrant Diesel, Monitored by CTS, Fox 2.0s. - SOLD
-Matthew

The Following User Says Thank You to CrazyS0b For This Useful Post:
GHIDE (01-14-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 01-14-2015, 06:50 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

i replaced the thermostat and that helped alot! got my ECT to stay around 190 at operating temps . thats a nice difference from what it was doing before. i bet it was stuck open.

EOT staying around 197. may go to 199 under load. from what i've been reading these EOTemps arent bad....
post #5 of 10 Old 01-14-2015, 07:16 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,046 Times in 975 Posts
Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 2509 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
To properly test the delta per the TSB, you should drive unloaded, not towing, on reasonably flat roads (that can be the tough part), at 65mph for about 20 minutes after reaching operating temperature.

Your delta should not exceed 15° for that duration.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
SPD)

FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
post #6 of 10 Old 01-14-2015, 07:21 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHIDE View Post
i replaced the thermostat and that helped alot! got my ECT to stay around 190 at operating temps . thats a nice difference from what it was doing before. i bet it was stuck open.

EOT staying around 197. may go to 199 under load. from what i've been reading these EOTemps arent bad....
Sounds like all is back to normal now. Now that your cooling system is working properly, you can get some good baseline numbers. Enjoy the data monitor, it will be an invaluable asset.

05 Extended Cab FX4
SCT w/ Gearhead Tunes

Ble-Blah mod...

Edge Insight CTS w/EGT
PHP Tuned FICM-Hercules
post #7 of 10 Old 01-14-2015, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

yes. i sleep better at night now . ha ha ha

going to keep eyes on my oil temps and save money for installed the BPD egr cooler and oil cooler and new HPOP. been getting quotes for it around denver.

i sure would like to just delete the dang thing(egr cooler). man this state is strict with emissions. in louisiana wasnt nobody worried bout that kinda stuff!
post #8 of 10 Old 01-14-2015, 01:31 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
FWIW, my deltas have been running 13-15 degrees for roughly 3 years. Driving home from work last week, my delta jumped to 20-22 degrees. BPD ordered yesterday. Good luck with yours.
Roger
SoBStevens likes this.
post #9 of 10 Old 01-14-2015, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

thank you sir. i pray mine just gets me back and forth to work for a few years until i can pay her off
post #10 of 10 Old 01-14-2015, 03:30 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
sounds like problem solved to me also, good luck man.

-Tom

05 250 KING RANCH CCSB,278k,ARP's,SCT TSX,Atlas 40,STC done,Glowshift FP Gauge,Banks IC System,Blue Spring,Banjo's,CCV mod,Oil Bypass,Diamond Eye 5" Exhaust,Bilstein 5100's,RC Dual Steering Stabilizer,Retro 55W 6k Heads 3k Fogs,Continental Airbags,RSD 48 gal Aux Fuel Tank.

2003 F350 Lariat CCSB, 288K, Everything But Studs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode