2770Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #3331 of 3337 Old 08-31-2019, 07:41 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 1245 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to backhoebill
A week or so ago, I got a new KC Stage 1 turbo. Maybe today I can drop it in. Itís hard to be patient, but even harder to swap turbos on a daily driver. HOT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Qholic, SparkyF250, BTL and 3 others like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'06 F250 4x4, 280,xxx hard miles, ARP studded and o-ringed, Bulletproof EGR cooler, IPR coolant filter, blue spring, CSF 6028 intercooler, KC S2R, 4" turbo back, SPD & Herc FICM tune, SCT Livewire, PI converter, occasional Archoil, Mobil 1 Synthetic, Cat elc, Warn bumper and 16.5 winch in front & aftermarket mystery bumper in rear, dent in floorboard under throttle
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3332 of 3337 Old 08-31-2019, 06:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Garage
Today was a tough day for the ol' bank account. There were lots of parts to order:

Serpentine Belt
EGR Valve
8 Fuel Injectors
Valve Cover Gaskets
CAC Pipe Boots
Fuel Pump
Fuel Pump Pigtail
Updated Standpipes and Dummy Plugs
Updated Turbo Feed and Drain Tubes
Track Bar
Track Bar Ball Joint
Qholic and hogbody like this.
post #3333 of 3337 Old 09-09-2019, 10:05 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Lately I have had a few occasional cranks that sounded just a bit slower than normal. Finally followed some of my own advice.......

Disconnected the driver's side battery and checked voltage - 12.6 volts. Then I load tested and the voltage dropped to near zero. Charged it for awhile and repeated the test. Voltage was at 13 volts, but dropped to near zero under a load.

Tested the passenger battery and it tested ok, just not as strong as it should have been. After my DieHard Platinums failed on me, I got the Diehard Advanced Gold AGMs as part of the warranty (if it hadn't have been for the warranty, I would not have gone w/ the Diehard Advanced Gold batteries). They seem to last around 2 years. I guess 2 years is ok, but not what I want in a battery.

Installed two new X2Power AGM batteries. 60 month free replacement. 15% off at BatteriesPlus. Expensive, but they have nice reviews.

https://www.batteriesplus.com/produc...sel/sli65agmdp
backhoebill likes this.

Last edited by bismic; 09-09-2019 at 10:13 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3334 of 3337 Old 09-09-2019, 02:09 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Garage
I got away from die hard batteries 25 years ago. Tried interstate with no success. Went to Motorcraft over 20 years ago and have always gotten 4 to 6 trouble free years out of them. Between personal and work vehicles we run 11
vehicles almost every day. All Fords and 1 Mercury. For some strange reason Interstate batteries work well in my International bucket truck.

post #3335 of 3337 Old 09-09-2019, 02:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I just went with Motorcraft as well. I had Optima yellow tops that were 11 years old but, I couldn't justify the extra cash at the time to go back with Optima, they were twice the price. However the fact that they were "maintenance free" was a huge plus. I think if the cash was available I'd probably went back with them.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk
post #3336 of 3337 Old 09-09-2019, 02:39 PM

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
The Diehard platinums were rebranded Odyssey batteries. They were outstanding. Sears quite selling them quite awhile ago. As they failed, if there was any warranty left, you could only get them replaced w/ the Diehard Advanced Gold which were in no form or fashion an equivalent quality. I wouldn't have considered them except for that.

As far as Motorcraft batteries go, the ones that came w/ a new truck were great. The replacement Motorcraft batteries were not of equivalent quality. I have had plenty of Motorcraft batteries for my 7.3L and never was impressed with them as replacement batteries.

My choice of batteries has come down to the ones I purchased or the Odyssey PC-1750 batteries.

IMO you get what you pay for and you can tell a lot by simply weighing what you are looking to purchase. The purity of the lead also makes a difference.
post #3337 of 3337 Old 09-09-2019, 06:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bismic View Post
The Diehard platinums were rebranded Odyssey batteries. They were outstanding. Sears quite selling them quite awhile ago. As they failed, if there was any warranty left, you could only get them replaced w/ the Diehard Advanced Gold which were in no form or fashion an equivalent quality. I wouldn't have considered them except for that.

As far as Motorcraft batteries go, the ones that came w/ a new truck were great. The replacement Motorcraft batteries were not of equivalent quality. I have had plenty of Motorcraft batteries for my 7.3L and never was impressed with them as replacement batteries.

My choice of batteries has come down to the ones I purchased or the Odyssey PC-1750 batteries.

IMO you get what you pay for and you can tell a lot by simply weighing what you are looking to purchase. The purity of the lead also makes a difference.
What about group 65 batteries sold by cummins directly

Starting battery ?

https://shopcummins.ca/collections/c...arting-battery

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode