Selling 6.0L to Buy 6.7L - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 04-28-2013, 01:16 AM Thread Starter
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Selling 6.0L to Buy 6.7L

My wife is telling me I have to sell my truck so I can get a newer one.. Darn the bad luck huh?! It does sound good, but keeping mine also sounds nice because I haven't had any problems. Just wanting your alls opinion on if my asking price is reasonable and if anyone be interested? (Not going to contact you to sell it right now, will put it on Classifieds when my wife is ready to get rid of it - just seeing if people would be interested for when she is ready). I'm currently deployed and had some of the stuff done right before leaving as this was short notice and didn't realize I would be leaving.

I will be asking $17,000 OBO..

Truck is a 2003 Ford F-250 XLT 6.0L Crew Cab Short Bed 4X4 with under 130,000 miles. Only problems I’ve had with it have been the alternator going out and the batteries which could have been a result of being deployed and the truck sitting for too long, but all has been taken care of and under warranty. On the truck is a 4” MBRP turbo back straight pipe (muffler, but no catalytic converter) with a 5” tip, B&W Turnover Gooseneck Hitch, brake controller, Aftermarket in-dash HD radio with built in Bluetooth, Husky molded floor mats front and rear, brand new never used Line-X spray in bed liner with lifetime warranty, keyless entry with remote start, keypad entry on door and coolant filtration system. I have also replaced all brake pads front and rear and have lifetime warranty on them and they can be replaced at anytime for any reason. I run Rotella T6 5W-40 oil in it and change it every 5,000 miles along with replacing the fuel filters every 10,000 (top and bottom filters). Tires are still at about 50% tread.
Body is in good shape with minor rock chips as would be expected for a 2003. The only "major" issue on the body is what use to be a chip on above the rear driver's side tire that has had touch up paint and clear coat put over it to protect the metal, so it's not a smooth look). Interior is in great shape with no tears or stains.
Extras include the exhaust, molded floor mats, the Kenwood In-Dash HD Radio with built in Bluetooth put in December 2012 and used for a month, Sinister Diesel Coolant Filter and B&W Turnover Ball
Truck does have 2 brand new batteries as of March 2013 and a new alternator in October 2012 – Lifetime AutoZone warranty on the alternator and new 3 year warranty on 1 battery (the other one is expired). Should they go out and they want to drive to meet me at an AutoZone I will be willing to swap them out for them since it isn’t transferable. Same deal goes for the brakes.

Last edited by ctrow89; 04-28-2013 at 05:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 04-28-2013, 04:54 AM
RIP Mitch ! We miss you

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Pretty sure your Alternator wasn't installed in October of '13 dude. Getting rid of a problem free 6.0 with 130k on it for a 6.7 with all that pollution equipment on it and an egg shell bottom end doesn't seem to be sound logic to me but hey, it's your money, spend it however makes you happy.

RIP Mitch

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
the Org crew
post #3 of 17 Old 04-28-2013, 05:02 AM Thread Starter
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
Pretty sure your Alternator wasn't installed in October of '13 dude. Getting rid of a problem free 6.0 with 130k on it for a 6.7 with all that pollution equipment on it and an egg shell bottom end doesn't seem to be sound logic to me but hey, it's your money, spend it however makes you happy.
How do you know when I installed it? haha.. Oct '12 my bad.. And you would honestly recommend keeping the 6.0? I've heard so many good things about the 6.7 which is why I was going to get that..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 04-28-2013, 05:19 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You have an 03 turbo. Debate over.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2006 f-250 CC short box king ranch
post #5 of 17 Old 04-28-2013, 05:45 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Keep your truck, or at least that is what I would do.

06 F250 Crew Cab, Lariat-FX4, ScanGauge II, High idle mod, Heated mirror switch mod, Sinister bypass oil filter and coolant filter, Fumoto valve, Zoodad, Blue Spring
post #6 of 17 Old 04-28-2013, 05:58 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
just enjoy not having a payment. and next time you replace batteries replace them both at the same time! and you wont get near 17k maybe like 13k MAYBE...
post #7 of 17 Old 04-28-2013, 06:01 AM Thread Starter
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTractorsSexy View Post
just enjoy not having a payment. and next time you replace batteries replace them both at the same time! and you wont get near 17k maybe like 13k MAYBE...
Yes.. This was the second time they've been replaced and I believe that to be the reason. I replaced them at different times previously and then when the one went bad this time around I replaced both, one still under warranty and the other was expired. Both are brand new, but one has warranty and the other doesn't as of this month. KBB said 15k, but was just going to try my luck..
post #8 of 17 Old 04-28-2013, 06:08 AM

these trucks never seem to get close to what KBB states. cause they earned a "bad name" for themselves.
post #9 of 17 Old 04-28-2013, 06:13 AM Thread Starter
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTractorsSexy View Post
these trucks never seem to get close to what KBB states. cause they earned a "bad name" for themselves.
Gotcha.. Thanks for that info didn't really know. I know I got a pretty good deal on it when I bought it back in 2009 which might be his reasoning, but it's been flawless. I will talk to the boss and see if maybe she will agree with me bulletproofing it still like I originally talked. She doesn't want to spend the money on that "in case I wreck it." I wouldn't mind doing a bp project and keeping it, but she's saying sell and I don't mind the upgrade either. It seems like everyone says to get rid of them, so hearing you all say to keep it really makes me consider keeping it even more - good to know people still have faith in the engine. I do because I haven't had the problems that other people have had I guess..
post #10 of 17 Old 04-28-2013, 06:16 AM

trade her car in and give her the new one. you keep yours. see whos is in the shop more often haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode