10 year prediction for diesels? - Page 4 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 37 Old 09-16-2013, 09:11 PM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 1670 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i love this country through and through but in 10 yrs, and the rate were going, I'll be in a cabin up in the mountains of idaho or i'll probably be in Australia driving my 04 f350 and hopefully a diesel landcruiser lol...

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

04 Excursion Modified, 04 F350 Modified, 06 F350 Modified

Interested in learning something new?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Its like me getting five 5 gallon bucks and throwing regular, mid, premium, #2 diesel and offroad diesel and then shooting a roman candle at each one to show which ones burns better."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 Old 09-16-2013, 09:31 PM
GET MY ENEMA BUCKET BRO!!

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Same thing ^^^

I cant stand what ive seen happen in this country in my short life. I do give props to the euros for their excessive amount on diesel ib everything though.

I do see myself in a small town up in canada with my 6.0 in the future though

coolant-filter-EGR delete-blue spring-ARP's-BPD oil cooler-5in exhaust-horn blasters shocker kit-SCT running SRL++-beans tank sump-BPD water pump-and 4x4 complete
DEUS VULT
post #33 of 37 Old 09-16-2013, 11:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can see the diesel price go up 8$ in 10 years
I will never give up driving my f350 because f350s the coolest truck ever made.

'07 f350 6.0L Lariat CCSB, 6 speed manual trans
MBRP 4" straight pipe
Stinger 1/0 gauges wires
Dual XS Power D3100 Batteries 2,720cca
ScanguageII
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 37 Old 09-17-2013, 04:09 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I think it all depends on how the country goes politically. If we continue with the dems, it will get worse and worse. If we get some better leadership, hopefully it'll get less stringent and the diesel market will stay the way it was/is or get better.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Ryan
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #35 of 37 Old 09-17-2013, 04:13 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCF450 View Post
I've got 156k miles so far, since NOV04. I intend to keep her. Too good a worker, and the little maintanance issues that crop up, well; thats what this forums' for. If only we can come up with a hydrogen powerplant, and exhaust only water vapor! Plenty of torque, and it would make the drunk driving a self-correcting problem (terrible collateral damage, tho)!
Seriously, the way these idiots come up with laws, standards and such, it just won't sustain itself. No way to regulate/enforce it all. Especially when, as been previously posted, all the 'producers' leave the once-golden state.
I do like bio diesel, too.
Happy Miles!
Jon
Some guy invented a carburetor that ran on water back in the 70's. they ruined that mans life and he killed himself.

2007 f-350
SCT Street tune Innovative Diesel
4 inch straight pipe
Bypass coolant filter, ELC
Edge Insight CS
leveled 2.5
130k miles
Infowars.com

REAL TRUCKS DON'T HAVE SPARK PLUGS!

Are U Aware?

post #36 of 37 Old 09-17-2013, 08:29 AM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 1670 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
so many people had hydrogen stuff. my roommate was to cheap to buy a kit for his samuri but he built his own hydrogen injector kinda like water meth inject system but he got 4 more mpg in town and like 7 more on highway i even drove it for a week and saw results first hand... too many big $$$ not wanting to share the pie.

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

04 Excursion Modified, 04 F350 Modified, 06 F350 Modified

Interested in learning something new?

"Its like me getting five 5 gallon bucks and throwing regular, mid, premium, #2 diesel and offroad diesel and then shooting a roman candle at each one to show which ones burns better."
post #37 of 37 Old 09-17-2013, 10:57 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Reliability is a huge deterrent from current diesel truck owners...along with the extra cost in the initial purchase. It use to be you bought a 200hp diesel that putted along for half a million miles with nary an issue, then they all got wrapped up in the HP race...kinda a race to the bottom in my opinion. 6.0's and 6.4's have earned their bad reputation in the diesel world...but lb7 duramax are just as problematic, and Cummins have plenty of their issues too. We sell reman motors to lots of people, all the big 3 motors, and lots of tow truck companies are buying gas engines when they buy new vehicles for their fleet. Diesels will always have a necessary spot for bigger hauling needs, but unless they address reliability they'll all run diesels out of the truck market. Maybe fords new 6.7 is a little better, I know duramax have gotten lots better...Cummins have gotten slightly better too, so hopefully we are turning that corner.

as far as diesels in the greater market place, Chevy is going to offer a diesel in their cruze, vw has been a big vw advocate for a long time, obviously with their European roots. Even jeep is offering a diesel in the wrangler next year and already offers one in the grand Cherokee. I'm in the market for a diesel vw golf right now. People routinely get 50+ mpg on the highway with em, and they're way less gay than a Prius. In fact the Guinness world record is held by a vw diesel, like a 08 or 09 jetta or Passat that drove through all 48 continental states and averaged like 67.5 mpg, albeit at like 5 under the speed limit, and I think they inflated the tires some. Diesels have gotten way quieter, just about as quiet as gas motors, and the potential for effeciancy is so much greater...but with literally all new diesels needing treatment of some type, I'd rather buy a used one without it. Its another system, another aspect of maintenance.

In LA, 80% of the pollution came from the ports, diesel engines idling for days, they've converted a lot of that to electric generators and all, and cut emissions down by half, which dropped total city emisions by like 20%. I heard this on NPR the other day, might not have all the specs spot on bit that's the gist of it. The damn government needs to stop penalizing diesels so harshly...they're cleaner, and growing fast, but they'll squash that like a bug if they keep driving up cost and driving down reliability with all the emissions stuff. Instead they'll push for electric or hybrid cars, but they don't take into account the full scope of bow those effect the environment either. I've seen reports where diesels still win based on energy to make and dispose of batteries for them.

Someone made a good point that they auto manufacturers will only do it when its profitable, that's very true. It'll take tons of people to realize the benefits, but IMO the benefits are squandered when you count in how much emissions stuff you have to deal with. Honestly I think diesels will be about where we are now in ten years as long as fossil fuels are still the main source of automobile transportation. Maybe see more in passenger cars, probably about then same in trucks. Most people I think can do what they need with a gas motor in their truck and avoid the extra initial cost of diesel whem purchasing and the added cost and hassel down the road too. I think maybe 10-20% of new diesel owners actually take advantage of what a diesel cam offer over gas, in terms of pulling capacity and all. Someone who thinks they need a big rig to tow their 16' boat to the lake for the weekend, or going to pick up a load of bricks from home depot to finish their honey do list is kidding themselves that they need a diesel. I damn sure don't need a diesel, but the lure of all that tire roasting torque and not worrying about pulling a 10k lb load is nice, but I wouldn't want to deal with all the extra crap involved with the emissions stuff.

6.0 cylinder heads and custom engine building available

Machining the 6.0:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode