New to Ford and well it's been rough - Page 2 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 Old 10-04-2012, 09:13 AM
BANNED

 
hollowpoint468's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: A town you wouldn't know
Posts: 3,231
Thanks: 1
Thanked 55 Times in 51 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You might not like to pay autoguide, but it does take money to keep these forums going, if nobody paid these forums may not be here (i know they get money from advertisements as well). Chances are, the first time you have an issue with your truck that you diagnose and repair with information you learned from this site, you will have saved your self hundreds of dollars in labor/diagnosis fees from a shop. This site has saved me thousands of dollars in the past two years, I'm up for supporting anything that winds up saving me a boat load of money...

You get hassle free oasis reports, that in itself is a huge bonus if you are looking at buying a truck... I am in no way affiliated with autoguide and do not recieve anything from these forums other than information... just throwing that out there..


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by hollowpoint468; 10-04-2012 at 09:17 AM.
hollowpoint468 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 17 Old 10-04-2012, 09:17 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
xjeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Naperville IL
Posts: 570
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Do not be afraid of stock bolts etc. if it was not tuned and was maintained properly, is it an early or late 04? look at the doorjamb for the build date, look at the valve cover it will say 03-or04, if the stickers are gone look for a plug connected to the wire harness on the passenger side valve cover, if it is there it is an 04. I have an 04 f250 6.0, an 01 v-10 excursion, and had an 04 f-250 6.0 that I bought new and had ALL of the problems in 04-05. Bullet proof diesel has 04+ FICMs in production, and 03 FICMs in beta testing.
xjeeper is offline  
post #13 of 17 Old 10-04-2012, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
5.9and6.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Whatcom
Posts: 695
Thanks: 82
Thanked 30 Times in 29 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 384 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjeeper View Post
Do not be afraid of stock bolts etc. if it was not tuned and was maintained properly, is it an early or late 04? look at the doorjamb for the build date, look at the valve cover it will say 03-or04, if the stickers are gone look for a plug connected to the wire harness on the passenger side valve cover, if it is there it is an 04. I have an 04 f250 6.0, an 01 v-10 excursion, and had an 04 f-250 6.0 that I bought new and had ALL of the problems in 04-05. Bullet proof diesel has 04+ FICMs in production, and 03 FICMs in beta testing.
It's a 08/03 it has a Edge tuner, lifted ?inch, Bilsteins all around, XD series with open country tires. JVC touch screen up front with a alpine tv in the back.
It has a great body no rust no dents.
The interior has seen better days crack windshield, something is wired in to the MAF. The over head display is out.


Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowpoint468 View Post
You might not like to pay autoguide, but it does take money to keep these forums going, if nobody paid these forums may not be here (i know they get money from advertisements as well). Chances are, the first time you have an issue with your truck that you diagnose and repair with information you learned from this site, you will have saved your self hundreds of dollars in labor/diagnosis fees from a shop. This site has saved me thousands of dollars in the past two years, I'm up for supporting anything that winds up saving me a boat load of money...

You get hassle free oasis reports, that in itself is a huge bonus if you are looking at buying a truck... I am in no way affiliated with autoguide and do not recieve anything from these forums other than information... just throwing that out there..
I do understand what you are saying. I was on Ramchargercentral for years with Sam running the show. People paid to help Sam keep the site up and running, the site now is just another forum autoguide runs. A forum is only as good as it's members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toren302 View Post
Starting the new year off right!!
Time to build a 500+hp 4x4 station wagon on 35's!!
I hate lamp!!
05 Ex Fueled by Holders, Air Pushed by KC, Built by Toren
KC Turbo Stage 2
Holders Diesel Stage 3 190cc 30% Injectors
ODAWG Cast 6.0L stage 2 Ported Intake Manifold
MBRP Up-Pipe
ARP HeadStuds
AFE Momentum HD Intake
Swamps 58V FICM PHP Atlas 40
6.4 starter
CTS2

Last edited by 5.9and6.0; 11-11-2012 at 08:33 AM.
5.9and6.0 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 17 Old 10-04-2012, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
5.9and6.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Whatcom
Posts: 695
Thanks: 82
Thanked 30 Times in 29 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 384 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Can you tell if head studs have been done just buy looking at the engine same with the EGR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by toren302 View Post
Starting the new year off right!!
Time to build a 500+hp 4x4 station wagon on 35's!!
I hate lamp!!
05 Ex Fueled by Holders, Air Pushed by KC, Built by Toren
KC Turbo Stage 2
Holders Diesel Stage 3 190cc 30% Injectors
ODAWG Cast 6.0L stage 2 Ported Intake Manifold
MBRP Up-Pipe
ARP HeadStuds
AFE Momentum HD Intake
Swamps 58V FICM PHP Atlas 40
6.4 starter
CTS2
5.9and6.0 is offline  
post #15 of 17 Old 10-04-2012, 10:45 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
JIM_C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tucker, GA
Posts: 497
Thanks: 4
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by becdino View Post
Can you tell if head studs have been done just buy looking at the engine same with the EGR?
Yes for head studs - look at this thread:
https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/gen...y-picture.html

It's trickier for the EGR cooler. On the passenger side, look under the intake manifold for a short orange or blue tube connected to a long silver stainless steel cooler. If it isn't there, it's been deleted. If it's there, either it is still functional or maybe it's been taken out, welded shut, and put back in.

2014 F250 CC SB 4x4, 6.2, Platinum
2003 F250 CC LB 4x4, 6.0 w/auto (SOLD)

Last edited by JIM_C; 10-04-2012 at 10:52 AM.
JIM_C is offline  
post #16 of 17 Old 10-04-2012, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
5.9and6.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Whatcom
Posts: 695
Thanks: 82
Thanked 30 Times in 29 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 384 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM_C View Post
Yes for head studs - look at this thread:
https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/gen...y-picture.html

It's trickier for the EGR cooler. On the passenger side, look under the intake manifold for a short orange or blue tube connected to a long silver cigar-shaped cooler. If it isn't there, it's been deleted. If it's there, either it is still functional or maybe it's been taken out, welded shut, and put back in.
Thanks Jim_C !!
Clearly my search for that topic was faulty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toren302 View Post
Starting the new year off right!!
Time to build a 500+hp 4x4 station wagon on 35's!!
I hate lamp!!
05 Ex Fueled by Holders, Air Pushed by KC, Built by Toren
KC Turbo Stage 2
Holders Diesel Stage 3 190cc 30% Injectors
ODAWG Cast 6.0L stage 2 Ported Intake Manifold
MBRP Up-Pipe
ARP HeadStuds
AFE Momentum HD Intake
Swamps 58V FICM PHP Atlas 40
6.4 starter
CTS2
5.9and6.0 is offline  
post #17 of 17 Old 10-09-2012, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
5.9and6.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Whatcom
Posts: 695
Thanks: 82
Thanked 30 Times in 29 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 384 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It's all still there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toren302 View Post
Starting the new year off right!!
Time to build a 500+hp 4x4 station wagon on 35's!!
I hate lamp!!
05 Ex Fueled by Holders, Air Pushed by KC, Built by Toren
KC Turbo Stage 2
Holders Diesel Stage 3 190cc 30% Injectors
ODAWG Cast 6.0L stage 2 Ported Intake Manifold
MBRP Up-Pipe
ARP HeadStuds
AFE Momentum HD Intake
Swamps 58V FICM PHP Atlas 40
6.4 starter
CTS2
5.9and6.0 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome