LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 37 Old 01-17-2012, 06:09 AM
AMERICA!

Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Quoted: 1738 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilpooh View Post
You'll be fine with the Teflon used in the NPT plug.
Cool, that's what I was figuring, just thought I would ask the man from BPD.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 F250 CC Lariat 4x4

BPD FICM, BPD billet water pump, BPD VK688 oil cooler kit, S&B CAI, MTW stage 2, TSD tunes, Auto Meter gauges, Edge CTS, Sinister coolant filter, Blue spring, 6.4 banjo bolts, Straight piped w/ 6" single mitre stack, Pro Comp leveling kit, 05-07 HD headlights, Xenon-Vision 5k HIDs, Fumoto block drain valves, ELC, High idle mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaguire View Post
I'm guessing that you didn't lose nearly as much as it appeared. Spills are like that. The last beer that I spilled was like a million ounces.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 37 Old 01-17-2012, 06:12 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake18 View Post
I used teflon on the threaded plugs on top of the caps.

With that being said, should I take the teflon off of the plugs on top of the caps?
The tape on the pipe plugs is good!!
post #13 of 37 Old 01-17-2012, 06:14 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
If you all decide to buy a billet oil filter cap, stick with a reputable manufacture.

https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/gen...cap-specs.html

2004 F350 CC DRW King Ranch
X-3 tunes by DJ'S,QT,GH,ID. Gryphon FICM tunes, ARP studs,Stage 1turbo,ATS coolant recirc lines,Swamp's 48v ficm,coolant filter,AD2,Snow Perf stage II,EGR delete,4" turbo back straight pipe,S&Bintake,Quad "A" pillar autometer gauges,Suncoast Tri Disk Conv.,Billet input shaft,Suncoast superduty rebuild kit,Trans-go shift kit,Mag-Hytec trans pan,CFM+ elbow,ccv mod,15K reese 5er,17" LCD TV/DVD,Cobra 29 Nitewatch CB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 37 Old 01-17-2012, 06:15 AM
AMERICA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2elvis View Post
The tape on the pipe plugs is good!!
Thank ya sir.

2004 F250 CC Lariat 4x4

BPD FICM, BPD billet water pump, BPD VK688 oil cooler kit, S&B CAI, MTW stage 2, TSD tunes, Auto Meter gauges, Edge CTS, Sinister coolant filter, Blue spring, 6.4 banjo bolts, Straight piped w/ 6" single mitre stack, Pro Comp leveling kit, 05-07 HD headlights, Xenon-Vision 5k HIDs, Fumoto block drain valves, ELC, High idle mod

Quote:
I'm guessing that you didn't lose nearly as much as it appeared. Spills are like that. The last beer that I spilled was like a million ounces.
post #15 of 37 Old 01-17-2012, 06:16 AM Thread Starter
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilpooh View Post
If you all decide to buy a billet oil filter cap, stick with a reputable manufacture.

https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/gen...cap-specs.html
Wish I would've found that read before I ordered the one .. Does anyone know if BPD offers military discount?
post #16 of 37 Old 01-17-2012, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
Serving Our Country!

Based off of looking around at what other people have or have mentioned I've narrowed it down to 3 brands.
-BPD offers one for $83.79 with word they don't leak.
-NUC Motorsports offers one for $65. People on here have mentioned the oil filter cap from them and say the specs are great, so I would assume equal quality with the fuel filter cap.
-Diesel Manor offers one for $49.70, but I haven't been able to find where anyone has said yay or nay on it.

Input?
post #17 of 37 Old 01-17-2012, 10:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrow89 View Post
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

That's the one I got. It came with the O-ring already around it so there was no forgetting it. The guy said to wrap the threads a few times with teflon tape, but I wasn't sure if that was a good idea. Seems like it would be a PITA to have to wrap it everytime I changed the filter. Seems like one of them out there wouldn't require that...
Yep...that is the one I got but have not put on yet. I would send the guy a email on eBay...he has really good feedback, which I would think would not be the case if he was continually sending out leaky caps. He also offers a 30 day money back gaurantee.

From the listing....

Have a Question? Call us toll free: 1-888-810-6791 (Mon-Fri 10am-8pm Pacific time) Having great customer service is our #1 Priority.

100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED + LIFETIME WARRANTY

Having a satisfied customer is very important to us. You can return your purchase within 30 days if not completely satisfied for a full refund. Our part comes with a lifetime warranty against defects. There is absolutely no risk.

F350 FX4 CC LB Dually Lariat Loaded

BIG SEXY
Edge CTS Insight w/ EGT & BU Camera
SCT X3 w/ Tunes from Quick Tricks
LT255/80R17 Cooper Discoverer S/T MAXX Tires
Rancho RS7000MT Shocks
PHP Atlas 40 Tuned FICM by FICM Repair.com
aFe 4" SS Turbo Back Exhaust
EGR & CAT Deleted & Sinister Coolant Filter Kit

post #18 of 37 Old 01-17-2012, 11:21 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Is the o-ring good? Is it nicked, gouged, rolled, flat, etc?

2004 F350 FX4 6.0 65,000 miles

Banks air intake, Rubicon Express 2.5" leveling kit, 325/65X18 Goodyear Duratracs on 18X9 Metal Mulisha wheels, Dieselsite coolant filter, ScanGauge II, Steel Cold Side Intercooler Tube, Mishimoto boots, 08-12 side mirrors, billet grill, BPD's oil fill cap and oil and filter caps, EGR delete, Autometer fuel press, trans temp and EGT pillar gauges, Solid front diff cover, 08 rear diff cover, Mishimoto intercooler, more to come.............
post #19 of 37 Old 01-17-2012, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Down View Post
Yep...that is the one I got but have not put on yet. I would send the guy a email on eBay...he has really good feedback, which I would think would not be the case if he was continually sending out leaky caps. He also offers a 30 day money back gaurantee.
From the listing....
Have a Question? Call us toll free: 1-888-810-6791 (Mon-Fri 10am-8pm Pacific time) Having great customer service is our #1 Priority.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED + LIFETIME WARRANTY
Having a satisfied customer is very important to us. You can return your purchase within 30 days if not completely satisfied for a full refund. Our part comes with a lifetime warranty against defects. There is absolutely no risk.
Already contacted him He's replied back yesterday saying I needed to wrap it real good with teflon tape. Cap still leaks so I'm waiting on him to let me know how to go about getting my money back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudmaster View Post
Is the o-ring good? Is it nicked, gouged, rolled, flat, etc?
The o-ring looks like it might be too thin for it, but overall the cap is really loose. It's not even near tight without the o-ring so there's not much hope to this one.. just waiting to hear what others have had luck with so I can order a good quality one.
post #20 of 37 Old 01-17-2012, 11:34 AM
AMERICA!

Here is a pic of my BPD ones just in case anyone is interested in how the look. They do have them in several other colors as well.

2004 F250 CC Lariat 4x4

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode