manual fan control - Page 43 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #421 of 450 Old 05-05-2017, 11:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well I bougta male plug(see ebay thing below). I'm gonna cut the wire with connector of my old clutcher 180,000 on it. I'm gonna make a separate plug in wiring insert with a wire to go to a grounding switch. That way the pigtail on the new fan clutch dont get cut and the main wiring harness dont get cut.

Transfer Case Shift Motor Connector MOTORCRAFT WPT-1136
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 450 Old 05-06-2017, 09:13 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Rather than force my tired old eyes to read this whole post again, has anybody had any system issues after doing this mod. I converted to the BPD 7.3 fan clutch adapter and fan clutch but sheesh is it loud. I am replacing my 7.3 fan clutch in case it defective because it just seems to run too long and too often even with normal temps and no real load on the truck. I am concerned that the fact that the oil cooler added to the stack (oil cooler, CAC and radiator) is keeping the air temps at the front of the engine too warm to allow proper operation of the thermostat on the fan clutch. I hate to change this because my truck has never run cooler with more consistent EOT/ECT's. Any thoughts on this??? I suppose that I could start using my shooters ear protection and start looking like the fire truck drivers driving the old screaming Jimmy powered trucks...

2005 F-450 CC Fontaine Conversion
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(It's the heavy GVW one with the Dana 135, 4:88's and bigger brakes)
Link Air Ride Suspension
Banks Stuff (CAC, Exhaust)
EDGE CTS
SCT x4 with IDP tunes (some punk a$$ got into my truck and stole my x3)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bullitt Proofed (EGR mod, Remote oil cooler/filter, Water Pump, 7.3 fan clutch conversion)
ScanGaugeII
Odyssey AGM's
High Idle Mod, CCV Mod
ARP studs...Finally

More $$$ to be spent i'm sure!
post #423 of 450 Old 05-06-2017, 03:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick C View Post
Rather than force my tired old eyes to read this whole post again, has anybody had any system issues after doing this mod. I converted to the BPD 7.3 fan clutch adapter and fan clutch but sheesh is it loud. I am replacing my 7.3 fan clutch in case it defective because it just seems to run too long and too often even with normal temps and no real load on the truck. I am concerned that the fact that the oil cooler added to the stack (oil cooler, CAC and radiator) is keeping the air temps at the front of the engine too warm to allow proper operation of the thermostat on the fan clutch. I hate to change this because my truck has never run cooler with more consistent EOT/ECT's. Any thoughts on this??? I suppose that I could start using my shooters ear protection and start looking like the fire truck drivers driving the old screaming Jimmy powered trucks...
I have had the same issue. With my fan clutch. When I heat it up it just never seems to shut off again especially pulling any kind of weight.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

04 Powerstroke
Scan gauge
Exhaust temp gauge
Studs (Finally)
with a 4" exhaust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #424 of 450 Old 05-06-2017, 04:19 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
You'll find many satisfied customers, including me. It's been working great for 2 years. It does set a soft code, but big deal.

It appears there's been a couple failed attempts at this fan mod, but who knows what the problem was. The 7.3 clutch isn't interesting to me.

05 F350 4X4 FX4 SC/LB
post #425 of 450 Old 05-06-2017, 04:59 PM
Diesel DB

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmoe View Post
It appears there's been a couple failed attempts at this fan mod, but who knows what the problem was. The 7.3 clutch isn't interesting to me.
Failed as in it didn't work or failed as in it caused damage to the truck..ie fried something?

2005 F350 Lariat
Torqshift Tranny
Bulletproof EGR
OEM Oil Cooler
Sinister Coolant filter
Rotella T6
Archoil
post #426 of 450 Old 05-06-2017, 06:16 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 520 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF93 View Post
Failed as in it didn't work or failed as in it caused damage to the truck..ie fried something?
Not going to hurt the truck unless they majorly messed something up. My clutch is also loud but the A/C boost it gave me was well worth the extra noise.
SparkyF250 likes this.

E̶a̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶2̶0̶0̶3̶ ̶6̶.̶0̶ ̶E̶x̶c̶u̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶f̶u̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶u̶l̶l̶e̶t̶p̶r̶o̶o̶f̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶1̶5̶5̶/̶3̶0̶ ̶i̶n̶j̶e̶c̶t̶o̶r̶s̶,̶ ̶K̶C̶ ̶S̶t̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶2̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶o̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶f̶f̶.̶ Cummins swap in progress. Thanks to everyone on the forum I have learned a lot.

The EGR does to your engine what smoking does to your lungs.

Remember you can always improve on a design until the EPA gets involved.

post #427 of 450 Old 05-06-2017, 06:19 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 520 Post(s)
Quote:
Doubt its the oil cooler, I have the HD option with the clutch and the fan noise is the same no matter if it on cold start driving around or after an hour when my coolant is 200ish (I have a 200F stat)

E̶a̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶2̶0̶0̶3̶ ̶6̶.̶0̶ ̶E̶x̶c̶u̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶f̶u̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶u̶l̶l̶e̶t̶p̶r̶o̶o̶f̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶1̶5̶5̶/̶3̶0̶ ̶i̶n̶j̶e̶c̶t̶o̶r̶s̶,̶ ̶K̶C̶ ̶S̶t̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶2̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶o̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶f̶f̶.̶ Cummins swap in progress. Thanks to everyone on the forum I have learned a lot.

The EGR does to your engine what smoking does to your lungs.

Remember you can always improve on a design until the EPA gets involved.

post #428 of 450 Old 05-06-2017, 06:23 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Thanks.....the color of wire coming out on fan side is different. So makes no different which side you ground.....I just don't want to mess with engine side.
post #429 of 450 Old 05-06-2017, 10:41 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF93 View Post
As in didn't work. jetjock I think was one who reported not being able to get it to work.

05 F350 4X4 FX4 SC/LB
post #430 of 450 Old 05-06-2017, 10:44 PM

Mentioned: 575 Post(s)
Quoted: 4235 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Weird to me that you guys complain of over operation of the fan with the 7.3 clutch. It seems the only time my fan engages is on a cold start after sitting. I never hear the fan come on, not even at 215* temps.
Maybe my Hayden clutch is defective?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

64.7mm stg2 powermax
175/30 holders diesel injectors
WPE ported intake manifold
Airdog 165 4G
Beans sump
O-ringed UCF heads
H-11 headstuds
4" turbo back exhaust
Mishimoto intercooler/radiator/charge pipes
BPD 58v ficm
BPD HD cooler with filter relocation
7.3 fan clutch
Amsoil bypass
Leece-Neville 230a alternator
22x14 american force burnout
warren diesel trans
Yukon 4.56s and Truetrac
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode