post #381 of 450 Old 03-16-2016, 02:04 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Any of you guys try bullet proof diesel,,
https://www.bulletproofdiesel.com/Pr...01099&CartID=1

BPD FAN CLUTCH ADAPTER AND MECHANICAL FAN CLUTCH

Gets rid of the electrical, convert it to mechanical.
Gotta change mine thinking bout this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #382 of 450 Old 03-16-2016, 04:43 AM

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JER-1 View Post
Any of you guys try bullet proof diesel,,
https://www.bulletproofdiesel.com/Pr...01099&CartID=1

BPD FAN CLUTCH ADAPTER AND MECHANICAL FAN CLUTCH

Gets rid of the electrical, convert it to mechanical.
Gotta change mine thinking bout this?
Lots of us have. It's a great mod. My blue wire mod didn't work great, the manual fan moves air and cools the engine, always. Great mod

19 F450

Iíve owned previous vehicles but I wonít waste the forum space to list them, oh ya, and you donít care
post #383 of 450 Old 03-16-2016, 07:19 AM

Just ordered it from BPD.
Off next week so I'll get it installed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #384 of 450 Old 03-16-2016, 08:06 AM
Fummins Mod

Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quoted: 2191 Post(s)
Garage
I will really test the 7.3 adapter when I go up pikes peak later this year

Mike
2005 CCSB F250 4X4

P-Pump 12 Valve/NV4500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in Cornville View Post
When a saint tells you, ya gotta listen.
post #385 of 450 Old 05-02-2016, 08:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
dead fan drive?

I have never heard the fan on my 2004 run. Only time she even gets a little hot is towing our gooseneck horse trailer with 2 horses and all the gear in hot weather. Last weekend, she got up to 220 on a rather long pull. I did this mod yesterday and still no fan. I did get the P048 soft code but no jet engine noise. When the engine is off, fan rotates smoothly with resistance. When the engine is at operating temp, less resistance. If I had a bad fan or wire chafing issues, wouldn't I see a different code or have a code that indicating a non-operational unit. Hate to buy a new drive not knowing if this one is bad.

P.S. truck has 116K, new Ford oil cooler, thermostat, rad. flush, CATI coolant, and IPR EGR delete 5K ago. GB
post #386 of 450 Old 05-02-2016, 08:45 AM

Get the brp adaptor and put a 1997 7.3 diesel motor fan clutch on it . Changes the electrial one to a mechcanical one. Problem solved I did it its great rarly do I see oil or antifreeze temps over 200 anymore. Plenty ac and heat in winter and summer
post #387 of 450 Old 05-02-2016, 12:49 PM
Island Dweller

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbeard View Post
I have never heard the fan on my 2004 run. Only time she even gets a little hot is towing our gooseneck horse trailer with 2 horses and all the gear in hot weather. Last weekend, she got up to 220 on a rather long pull. I did this mod yesterday and still no fan. I did get the P048 soft code but no jet engine noise. When the engine is off, fan rotates smoothly with resistance. When the engine is at operating temp, less resistance. If I had a bad fan or wire chafing issues, wouldn't I see a different code or have a code that indicating a non-operational unit. Hate to buy a new drive not knowing if this one is bad.

P.S. truck has 116K, new Ford oil cooler, thermostat, rad. flush, CATI coolant, and IPR EGR delete 5K ago. GB
If you have access or use the Torque app you can monitor fan speed and see just what the fan is doing when you engage the fan mod

Shawn
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 F-350 King Ranch FX4 LB Tow Boss DRW
SCT LiveWire, Atlas 80, TSD tunes, Blue Spring, Warren 155/30 injectors, KC Turbos Stage 2, IPResearch Oil Cooler Relocation, IPResearch EGR delete, IPResearch Gen 2 Coolant Filter, Magnaflow Dual Tip 5", Zoodad MOD, CCV MOD, AFE Pro Dry S OER Filter, Final Charge ELC, 08 style mirrors, SAP Diesel DD Solenoid, Derale Transmission Pan, Mishi CAC Tube and Boots, High Idle Mod, more to come..,
post #388 of 450 Old 05-02-2016, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbeard View Post

Bullet Proof Diesel Fan Clutch Adapter, 6.0L to 7.3L Ford Diesel

Grab this and install from bulletproof diesel, problem solved.
That's the adaptor you can pick up a 1997 ----7.3 diesel fan clutch cheaper somewhere else, our 6.0 fan blades fit the x1997 ---7.3 diesel fan clutch. Great mod I'm glad I did it.
post #389 of 450 Old 05-02-2016, 05:42 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,056 Times in 985 Posts
Mentioned: 200 Post(s)
Quoted: 2525 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
FYI, it's not an instant change in fan speed when you hit the switch. It takes a minute it two for the fan clutch to kick in. It also takes a little while for it to kick out once you turn it off.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SPD)

FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
post #390 of 450 Old 05-08-2016, 12:40 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
I did this mod last summer. Almost went with the 7.3 fan but thought I'd try this first since it would only cost me some time and a couple cheap relays/wire and connectors. Glad I did. Works EXACTLY the way I want. On when I'm hauling, off when I'm cruising unloaded, across flat land or around town. That annoying thing spinning constantly would have driven me nuts. Highly recommend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode