post #62841 of 62917 Old 12-28-2019, 08:14 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by backhoebill View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcflyfyter View Post
I did ball joints last weekend and replaced vacuum solenoid, and got the hubs locking. Noticed a slight leak on the right hub. Just diagnosed a bad hub seal. $225 for a timken hub, these trucks are almost as expensive as new trucks.

How did you go about diagnosing this? My F450 will not hold vacuum. New bearings, hubs, seals. I suspect I got incorrect bearings, even though they went in fine. I just wonder if there are bearings that will physically work, but are not made for ESOF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I could only get 8 inches of vaccum on my passenger side. I wrapped electrical tape between the hub and flange trying to work it down to the gap between them. I retested and could almost get 10" now. I sprayed wd40 on the tape and I could hear it sucking. You could run a bead of silicone or hot glue between them too, but the tape was quicker and actually worked.
backhoebill and Qholic like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mcflyfyter For This Useful Post:
backhoebill (12-28-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62842 of 62917 Old 12-29-2019, 05:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qholic View Post
New BF Goodrich KO2 255/80 17 A little bit taller tire than stock and still have plenty of space between the rear tires when loaded.

How heavy do you tow with the tires? Im wanting something a little taller on mine but was worried about being loaded. I pull a 40 fifth wheel. About 13-14k

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2003 Ford F-350 6.0 Lariat. Edge Insight Pro CTS 2. Bone stock.
post #62843 of 62917 Old 12-29-2019, 05:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Garage
Not on my Ex but wife's Ex got Rotella T6 5w40 and ford oil filter, plus both fuel filters. Finally got a non rain day and able to do - was a bit over on mileage for both.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
SparkyF250, hogbody and voodooridr like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

05 Eddie Bauer, Studded/EGR delete, Kill Devil O-ring heads, Owdags intake manifold, BD Diesel exhaust manifold, 58v FICM, SCT with Gearheads tunes

S&B stage 2 cold air, Edge Insight CTS2 c/w EGT sensor, fuel pressure sensor, BD Diesel 7.3 fan clutch, Warn Hubs, Eaton diffs front/rear, Buckstop bumper c/w 16.5 Warn Winch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62844 of 62917 Old 12-30-2019, 10:12 AM
Premium Member

Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Helped my father-in-law with his '06 XLT CC. His truck already had a EGR delete. He had a laundry list of things he's been putting off. Cab mounts were shot in the front and rear. Carrier bearing, one bad u-joint, worn front brake pads and rotors. He also has been having no-start issues. When it finally would start the ICP would register 1400 psi + at idle and was running very rough. Also I noticed his IPR was hitting 85% while cranking. We did IPR (found solenoid was bad), glow plugs and harness, dummy plugs (front driver's side o-ring was worn bad) and stand pipes. Also one caliper was seizing up so he had to replace one caliper. We did all this work in the span of 2 days. Truck runs great now. He does have some stiction going on still, and I recommended he start using some Archoil.

post #62845 of 62917 Old 12-30-2019, 08:11 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by trife96 View Post
Helped my father-in-law with his '06 XLT CC. His truck already had a EGR delete. He had a laundry list of things he's been putting off. Cab mounts were shot in the front and rear. Carrier bearing, one bad u-joint, worn front brake pads and rotors. He also has been having no-start issues. When it finally would start the ICP would register 1400 psi + at idle and was running very rough. Also I noticed his IPR was hitting 85% while cranking. We did IPR (found solenoid was bad), glow plugs and harness, dummy plugs (front driver's side o-ring was worn bad) and stand pipes. Also one caliper was seizing up so he had to replace one caliper. We did all this work in the span of 2 days. Truck runs great now. He does have some stiction going on still, and I recommended he start using some Archoil.
Or Hot Shots Secret - had great results with it with extreme stiction. Ran like POS when cold one treatment cured. Now follow their maintenance recommendations and never have had an issue again.

trife96 and hogbody like this.

05 Eddie Bauer, Studded/EGR delete, Kill Devil O-ring heads, Owdags intake manifold, BD Diesel exhaust manifold, 58v FICM, SCT with Gearheads tunes

S&B stage 2 cold air, Edge Insight CTS2 c/w EGT sensor, fuel pressure sensor, BD Diesel 7.3 fan clutch, Warn Hubs, Eaton diffs front/rear, Buckstop bumper c/w 16.5 Warn Winch
post #62846 of 62917 Old 12-30-2019, 09:28 PM
BTL
Premium Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Used my truck to make myself 30 minutes late visiting my mother. Driving South on Hwy 101, North of Camp Roberts about 11 miles South of King City there is a road construction project going on. A new lane is poured but separated from the old lane by portable K rail. Well there is a wide dirt buffer between the North and South bound lanes and against the new South bound lane in the dirt (mud) buffer I saw a Granite Construction work truck buried to it’s axles in mud and a poor guy all alone with a shovel trying to dig it out. I had to drive about 3/4 mile passed the guy till the K rail ended then turned around and drove on the new lane and back to the stuck truck. I stopped adjacent to the truck and asked the guy if he wanted me to try to pull him out. He looked at me and said “Did you drive back here just to help me out?” I answered “yes” and then took off to turn my truck around again. I manually locked my hubs and put the truck in 4-low and pulled out my brand new still in plastic tow strap. We hooked up and I easily pulled him out of the mud and up onto the new lane. Even with the 50 deg weather the poor guy was dripping with sweat from all of the digging in the mud he had been doing. He thanked me, shook my hand and then he rolled up my tow strap for me. I thanked him for rolling up my strap, wished him well and took off. Good deed for the day accomplished and this time I did not break my strap! :-). I also did not have my son with me to video tape the event this time.
BTL

2003 Lariat 4x4 CCSB 6.0
281,500mi
KC Stage 2 Turbo, KDD heads,
ARP Head studs,
175-30 injectors, Adrenalin HPOP
MBRP 4 SS Turbo back
BPD HD remote air to oil cooler
BPD water pump and EGR Cooler
Hayden mechanical fan clutch
Amsoil 2 micron bypass filter
Mishimoto Radiator, HT thermostat and hoses
Mean Green 220amp alternator
Odyssey 65-PC1750T batteries
Accurate Diesel adj. FP regulator cover
Fass Titanium 125 with 5/8 draw tube

Last edited by BTL; 01-02-2020 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Drove home last night and corrected the location of the road construction.
post #62847 of 62917 Old 12-31-2019, 07:42 AM
Island Dweller

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Gunner View Post
How heavy do you tow with the tires? Im wanting something a little taller on mine but was worried about being loaded. I pull a 40 fifth wheel. About 13-14k

The tires I put on are Toyo Open Country A/T II, not BFGs; BFGs were the old set and they do not make the size that I wanted. I do not tow anything heavy but I do haul quite a bit in the bed. I think as far as a fifth wheel you would be fine, as the tires are E rated. The attached pictures show the size difference between stock 31.5s and the 33s.

Going from a 31.5 (stock) tire to the 33 put the speedometer off by 3 MPH yours may be different depending on your gearing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image00010.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	374.1 KB
ID:	726677   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image00001.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	417.7 KB
ID:	726679   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image00011.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	269.7 KB
ID:	726681  

Shawn

2007 F-350 King Ranch FX4 LB Tow Boss DRW
SCT LiveWire, Atlas 80, TSD tunes, Blue Spring, Warren 155/30 injectors, KC Turbos Stage 2, IPResearch Oil Cooler Relocation, IPResearch EGR delete, IPResearch Gen 2 Coolant Filter, Magnaflow Dual Tip 5", Zoodad MOD, CCV MOD, AFE Pro Dry S OER Filter, Final Charge ELC, 08 style mirrors, SAP Diesel DD Solenoid, Derale Transmission Pan, Mishi CAC Tube and Boots, High Idle Mod, more to come..,
post #62848 of 62917 Old 12-31-2019, 07:25 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTL View Post
Used my truck to make myself 30 minutes late visiting my mother. Driving South on Hwy 101, South of Camp Roberts there is a road construction project going on. A new lane is poured but separated from the old lane by portable K rail. Well there is a wide dirt buffer between the North and South bound lanes and against the new South bound lane in the dirt (mud) buffer I saw a Granite Construction work truck buried to its axles in mud and a poor guy all alone with a shovel trying to dig it out. I had to drive about 3/4 mile passed the guy till the K rail ended then turned around and drove on the new lane and back to the stuck truck. I stopped adjacent to the truck and asked the guy if he wanted me to try to pull him out. He looked at me and said Did you drive back here just to help me out? I answered yes and then took off to turn my truck around again. I manually locked my hubs and put the truck in 4-low and pulled out my brand new still in plastic tow strap. We hooked up and I easily pulled him out of the mud and up onto the new lane. Even with the 50 deg weather the poor guy was dripping with sweat from all of the digging in the mud he had been doing. He thanked me, shook my hand and then he rolled up my tow strap for me. I thanked him for rolling up my strap, wished him well and took off. Good deed for the day accomplished and this time I did not break my strap! :-). I also did not have my son with me to video tape the event this time.

BTL
Need more people like you on the planet

SparkyF250 and letsmow10 like this.

post #62849 of 62917 Old 01-01-2020, 03:24 PM
BTL
Premium Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Do you mean people who like to fish and hunt as well as drink beer and Scotch? ;-).
Thanks. Cheers and Happy New Year to you.
BTL

2003 Lariat 4x4 CCSB 6.0
281,500mi
KC Stage 2 Turbo, KDD heads,
ARP Head studs,
175-30 injectors, Adrenalin HPOP
MBRP 4 SS Turbo back
BPD HD remote air to oil cooler
BPD water pump and EGR Cooler
Hayden mechanical fan clutch
Amsoil 2 micron bypass filter
Mishimoto Radiator, HT thermostat and hoses
Mean Green 220amp alternator
Odyssey 65-PC1750T batteries
Accurate Diesel adj. FP regulator cover
Fass Titanium 125 with 5/8 draw tube
post #62850 of 62917 Old 01-01-2020, 03:57 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTL View Post
Do you mean people who like to fish and hunt as well as drink beer and Scotch? ;-).

Thanks. Cheers and Happy New Year to you.

BTL
Doubling down on previous statement. You listed all my favorite activities.

Cheers and happy new years

BTL likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode