LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #62141 of 62797 Old 07-16-2019, 07:34 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 820 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixStringMadness View Post
Mine is more like your '04 right now. The whistle overpower's the exhaust note until its really spun up (probably out of human range). I don't really care about that, except that I'm not happy with my exhaust note once it is more audible than the turbo. I'm just strait out from the cat at this point. Planning on a 4" turbo back.

My question to you or anyone else who's done it, how difficult is the 4" down pipe to get in place. Seems back in the day I've heard that is a pain. I keep procrastinating, but eventually I'll get this done.
Not too bad at all. I cut the old down pipe in half to make it easier to remove. There is one stud on the firewall that i cut flush with the nut about mid way up the length of the down pipe which made it alide in no problem. Otherwise its right against the pipe and makes aligning things a pain. My dp also came in two pieces, not sure if they all that way, but it would have to be in order to get up to the turbo and also over the crossmember. It took about an hour to pull the old exhaust and install the new.

Before the 4" exhaust mine was stock pipe with cat but no muffler and was decently loud. But nothing like it is now. Only way to calm down the rasp is use a long straight thru muffler or something like an Areo muffler. I dont have to worry about the noise, my wife likes the way it sounds and the little ones fall asleep with a quickness once were on the Highway. Plus a good stereo will cover up any noise you dont like, lol.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

'04 F250 CCSB XLT 2WD, lowered with a DJM drop kit. 305/40/22" Toyo ST2's on 22" x 10" XD 825 wheels. FloPro turbo back 4" exhaust with muffler delete, egr delete, bypass coolant filter, S&B intake, NUC bypass oil filter.

'03 F250 CCSB Lariat 4WD, 9" lift, 40"x 15.5"x 24" Toyo M/T's on 24" x 14" Hostile Hammered wheels, 4" exhaust, egr delete.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62142 of 62797 Old 07-17-2019, 07:01 AM
a known holder of grudges

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamed99 View Post
Not too bad at all. I cut the old down pipe in half to make it easier to remove. There is one stud on the firewall that i cut flush with the nut about mid way up the length of the down pipe which made it alide in no problem. Otherwise its right against the pipe and makes aligning things a pain. My dp also came in two pieces, not sure if they all that way, but it would have to be in order to get up to the turbo and also over the crossmember. It took about an hour to pull the old exhaust and install the new.

Before the 4" exhaust mine was stock pipe with cat but no muffler and was decently loud. But nothing like it is now. Only way to calm down the rasp is use a long straight thru muffler or something like an Areo muffler. I dont have to worry about the noise, my wife likes the way it sounds and the little ones fall asleep with a quickness once were on the Highway. Plus a good stereo will cover up any noise you dont like, lol.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
Yeah, volume is not the concern, just the raspy 3500 RPM sound. Heard plenty of others that have a great exhaust note at WOT. Mine just sounds like I drilled holes in the headers or some other rigged up mess.

I drive a Powerstroke, its not stock.
I put hard earned money into it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #62143 of 62797 Old 07-17-2019, 06:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 845 Post(s)
Tomorrow morning actually, hooking it to the camper and heading out for 3 or four days.

2005 F350 srw Crewcab lariat. 6.0 diesel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62144 of 62797 Old 07-17-2019, 08:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Changed my leaking rear pinion seal and 3 1/2 quarts 75w-140 in the diff after cleaning up and repainting the rusty cover
post #62145 of 62797 Old 07-23-2019, 09:42 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Garage
Just got back from a Smog Check here in Commiefornia - PASSED

Just finished paying $470 for Tags - bent over and took it - no vaseline - OUCH!

People are like dirt. They can either nourish you and help you grow as a person or they can stunt your growth and make you wilt and die.
Plato

SE VILE SE ERGO
FORTIBUS ES ENERO
NOVILE DEUS TRUX
VATIS INEM CAUSAN DUX

2006 Super Duty F-250 Lariat CCSB: Edge CTS Insight w/ EGT & Fuel Press. - BPD FICM - Sinister Diesel Coolant Filter - ProComp 20" wheels - Toyo M/T 35's - ReadyLift w/ Bilstein 5100's - 4" MagnaFlow Exhaust - '08 Transmission Pan and Filter..... and a Partridge in a Pear Tree!
post #62146 of 62797 Old 07-23-2019, 11:19 AM

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Quoted: 1021 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Just got the renewal for mine in the mail, I'm afraid to open it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2004 F250 CCSB 4X4
4" Skyjacker lift
3:73 gears
35x12.5x18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on Method MR309 wheels
KDD heads, ARP studs, BD exhaust manifolds, DieselSite up pipes, Mishimoto degas bottle
PHP Insight PRO
PHP Atlas 40 FICM tune
post #62147 of 62797 Old 07-23-2019, 03:07 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Dirt? View Post
Just got back from a Smog Check here in Commiefornia - PASSED

Just finished paying $470 for Tags - bent over and took it - no vaseline - OUCH!

Mine is due as well. I need to smog. My dues are $444

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2005 F250 CCSB 4x4: Edge insight CTS2 with EAS EGT probe, SCT X4 with Gearhead tunes, Blue spring mod, XDP coolant filter, Cat ELC, High idle mod, 6.4 starter, Fumoto drain valves for coolant and oil, Harpoon mod, 08+ towing mirrors, transmission pan and filter, tailgate and tail lights, 2016 rear leaf springs, Rancho RS9000XL shocks. More to come.....
post #62148 of 62797 Old 07-23-2019, 03:12 PM

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Quoted: 1021 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Mine was smogged last year so at least I don't have to put the EGR valve back in

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2004 F250 CCSB 4X4
4" Skyjacker lift
3:73 gears
35x12.5x18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on Method MR309 wheels
KDD heads, ARP studs, BD exhaust manifolds, DieselSite up pipes, Mishimoto degas bottle
PHP Insight PRO
PHP Atlas 40 FICM tune
post #62149 of 62797 Old 07-23-2019, 04:02 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrh1282 View Post
Mine is due as well. I need to smog. My dues are $444

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Went to 2 smog check places and they both said "Oh, we don't smog diesels here.............."

What? Had to go the smog check across the street from the DMV......... Sheeesh!!!

People are like dirt. They can either nourish you and help you grow as a person or they can stunt your growth and make you wilt and die.
Plato

SE VILE SE ERGO
FORTIBUS ES ENERO
NOVILE DEUS TRUX
VATIS INEM CAUSAN DUX

2006 Super Duty F-250 Lariat CCSB: Edge CTS Insight w/ EGT & Fuel Press. - BPD FICM - Sinister Diesel Coolant Filter - ProComp 20" wheels - Toyo M/T 35's - ReadyLift w/ Bilstein 5100's - 4" MagnaFlow Exhaust - '08 Transmission Pan and Filter..... and a Partridge in a Pear Tree!
post #62150 of 62797 Old 07-23-2019, 05:11 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 845 Post(s)
Have to wait till tomorrow for a new yoke for my truck. But I leave for work first thing in the morning, for two weeks. So in the meantime I pulled the two flanges apart, polished them up really good with the wire wheel and re bolted them. I ran them up with a half inch air impact. There was still about an eighth of an inch air gap under one of them. So I went around a second time. All of a sudden that high bolt turned about another 3/4 or 1 turn. And all the rest of them went Slack. So tightened them all up again until they didn't move. Truck is as smooth as butter now. Never had trouble getting the flanges to line up completely flat before, so that was a first

2005 F350 srw Crewcab lariat. 6.0 diesel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode