post #61961 of 62249 Old 05-22-2019, 01:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpholland View Post
At least you didn't have the beer before the safety course.

Been raining here for the last week. Usually riding the Road Glide to work every day by now. Never seen this much rain this time of year in the high desert. Probably be thankful for it later in the summer though.
Same here, put some fair miles on the RG back in March and April, but with the rain lately I'm sticking to the cage. I'm not a sunny day only rider, but if the forecast is saying rain then I prefer not to. People in this state don't know how to drive in the rain period and riding a bike is already risky enough, I'm not about to willingly combine the 2 and sign my own death warrant
voodooridr likes this.

People never have enough time/money to do the job right, but somehow they always find the time/money to do it twice

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #61962 of 62249 Old 05-22-2019, 02:49 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 778 Post(s)
Quote:

Been raining here for the last week. Usually riding the Road Glide to work every day by now. Never seen this much rain this time of year in the high desert. Probably be thankful for it later in the summer though.

So I don’t have a bike yet. I didn’t consider a cruiser till I spent some time at the dealer for this class. I need something I can fit in my shortbed and I really like the feel of a 48 Special or the 883 sportster. Kinda digging the Triumph bobber tho.

We’ll see as time passes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2007 F250 Lariat Outlaw
Stock Motor
5" MBRP Catback
post #61963 of 62249 Old 05-22-2019, 03:40 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boudah View Post
Quote:

So I don’t have a bike yet. I didn’t consider a cruiser till I spent some time at the dealer for this class. I need something I can fit in my shortbed and I really like the feel of a 48 Special or the 883 sportster. Kinda digging the Triumph bobber tho.

We’ll see as time passes.

Nothing says you're only allowed to have one bike. I have 5 and each has its purpose because there was no 1 bike that would be able to blanket all of the riding styles I enjoy. Do I agree with Harley's pricing? Not one bit, but up to a point they are good bikes

People never have enough time/money to do the job right, but somehow they always find the time/money to do it twice

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #61964 of 62249 Old 05-22-2019, 03:44 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSmoke07 View Post
Nothing says you're only allowed to have one bike. I have 5 and each has its purpose because there was no 1 bike that would be able to blanket all of the riding styles I enjoy. Do I agree with Harley's pricing? Not one bit, but up to a point they are good bikes

My wallet does !!!!! Lol I just can’t justify 20 k on a bike. Most what I’m looking at new cost 10-15. In likley gonna but something used fir 5-7.

We’ll see tho

2007 F250 Lariat Outlaw
Stock Motor
5" MBRP Catback
post #61965 of 62249 Old 05-22-2019, 03:54 PM

Garage
Quote:
My wallet does !!!!!
Valid argument I guess. Lol. Check the used market thoroughly, lot of great deals out there, hell Harley's biggest competitor isn't even Indian or Victory...it's used Harleys. If you're looking for a fun around town bike, I'm an avid supporter of supermotos, light, nimble, easy to work on and fairly inexpensive. A BRAND new Husqvarna 701SM will set you back $12k, and that sumbeech is a LOT of bike (74hp and only like 320lb). Supermotos litter the classifieds for less than $8k, many are less than $6k

post #61966 of 62249 Old 05-22-2019, 05:32 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 796 Post(s)
Hayabusa FTW! I had an 05 that was built pretty good. Put down almost 200hp on the dyno and ran the quarter in 9.5secs. Not with me riding though, I can't launch worth a damn. Sadly that bike found a new home when we built our house. Wife wanted landscaping and a sprinkler system when we moved in so I took one for the team. Been planning on getting another bike but with new kids and the business going like it is, I just don't have time to ride. I really miss riding.

Sent from my phone

'04 F250 CCSB XLT 2WD, lowered with a DJM drop kit. 305/40/22" Toyo ST2's on 22" x 10" XD 825 wheels. FloPro turbo back 4" exhaust with muffler delete, egr delete, bypass coolant filter, S&B intake, NUC bypass oil filter.

'03 F250 CCSB Lariat 4WD, 9" lift, 40"x 15.5"x 24" Toyo M/T's on 24" x 14" Hostile Hammered wheels, 4" exhaust, egr delete.
post #61967 of 62249 Old 05-22-2019, 06:39 PM

Garage
At least you had it prior so you stand a chance of another. I always tell guys "if you didn't have a bike before y'all got together, you're chances are slim of getting a bike WHILE you're together"
backhoebill likes this.

post #61968 of 62249 Old 05-22-2019, 07:15 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamed99 View Post
Hayabusa FTW! I had an 05 that was built pretty good. Put down almost 200hp on the dyno and ran the quarter in 9.5secs. Not with me riding though, I can't launch worth a damn. Sadly that bike found a new home when we built our house. Wife wanted landscaping and a sprinkler system when we moved in so I took one for the team. Been planning on getting another bike but with new kids and the business going like it is, I just don't have time to ride. I really miss riding.

Sent from my phone
I feel your pain. I sold mine a year ago next week. It hurt my back to ride it for more than 20 minutes anymore, and I couldn't handle the thought of watching it deteriorate in the garage. The Road Glide is far more comfortable.

Boudah likes this.

“Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.” Douglas Adams

post #61969 of 62249 Old 05-22-2019, 07:27 PM
Premium Member

Well I’m 6’4 so I can’t handle a “ small bike “. Is the supermoto tall?

2007 F250 Lariat Outlaw
Stock Motor
5" MBRP Catback
post #61970 of 62249 Old 05-22-2019, 08:06 PM

Garage
Quote:
Well I’m 6’4 so I can’t handle a “ small bike “. Is the supermoto tall?

Yea, it's a dirt bike with sport bike tires. I'm 6'3 and can barely flat foot both feet on my buddy's Husky 501. The way my 650 is set up, it COULD stand a little taller but doesn't NEED it, it was more comfortable once I raised the bars and lowered the pegs to open up the "caulkpit" a bit more.

Next to my brother's stock KTM 500

This was before I did the bars and pegs.

Suspension, lean angle, weight, and repairs of a dirt bike (I can completely change the color with brand new plastics for about $250), with the traction of a sport bike. Can run through the curves and twisties faster than a sport bike, just don't try to hang with them on the straights.

But who needs to drag knee when you can drag shifter? Lol

backhoebill likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode