LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61951 of 62253 Old 05-18-2019, 11:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by repalmer View Post
That really sucks. Sorry to hear. At least you were somewhere that you could get parts though.

Unless you're running 500+ hp, the stock air intake is better than aftermarket ones out there
Yeah, that's what I understand. This truck had an aftermarket AFE on it and all the boots are crumbling and it is a rechargeable filter type. As far as I'm concerned, it's time for an upgrade.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #61952 of 62253 Old 05-18-2019, 11:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrogen View Post
Thursday night I hooked the new camper up and went camping for the first time. Trailer is around 8,500 with full gear. Towed nicely but definitely ran the engine all the way up to 3200 RPM on the Hills to hold 65 mile per hour. Dash computer was showing me averaging 11 miles per gallon with about a hundred miles on it the first evening. Towed very nicely with the equalizer bars. Engine fan did not cut in at all all the way up to 218 degrees. Need to figure out what is going on with that one of these times. Nothing wrong with the fan, it just isn't being commanded on for some reason
I did away with my electric fan clutch and did the 7.3L fan clutch mod. I'm happy with it so far and I trust it.

post #61953 of 62253 Old 05-18-2019, 12:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 524 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5J's View Post
Quote:
That really sucks. Sorry to hear. At least you were somewhere that you could get parts though.

Unless you're running 500+ hp, the stock air intake is better than aftermarket ones out there
Yeah, that's what I understand. This truck had an aftermarket AFE on it and all the boots are crumbling and it is a rechargeable filter type. As far as I'm concerned, it's time for an upgrade.

Look on CL. I got a complete stock setup for $25, and it had a new filter. My truck had a K &N in it when I got it.

Or. Ask on here, there's been a lot of guys buying trucks for parts. Someone might have a setup
The Following User Says Thank You to repalmer For This Useful Post:
5J's (05-18-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #61954 of 62253 Old 05-18-2019, 01:08 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Garage
For the last couple of months been smelling a strange odor after driving. Only smelled the odor a few times and was very faint. Didn't smell like the breaks. Mini-Me called me Thursday and said the left rear was smoking. Fortunately I was on my way home and only 5 minutes away from him. Pulled into the parking lot where he was and I could smell the brakes and I couldn't hold my hand on the left rear rim. The left rear caliper was locked up. We got it home and parked it and he still wanted to drive it to school on Friday after I told him it's got to be parked until fixed. He loves this truck-me too. So today the ex got new rotors, calipers and pads on both sides of the rear. I'm hoping that was the cause of the occasional odor we had been smelling.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190518_164359.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	2.31 MB
ID:	718877   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190518_164415.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	718879  
SparkyF250 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #61955 of 62253 Old 05-18-2019, 02:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Look on CL. I got a complete stock setup for $25, and it had a new filter. My truck had a K &N in it when I got it.

Or. Ask on here, there's been a lot of guys buying trucks for parts. Someone might have a setup
Thanks! Great idea.

post #61956 of 62253 Old 05-18-2019, 08:55 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Just took the first test drive after self install of BPD EGR, air to oil cooler and remote oil filter!!!!! Took me 4 weeks as i worked on it about maybe an hour a night during the week, and if you take in sitting down and thinking WTF am i doing?? My first truck and/or diesel that i bought 3 months previous is in pieces in my garage... probably 45min of actual work a night...
BTL likes this.
post #61957 of 62253 Old 05-22-2019, 10:11 AM
BTL
Premium Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP MACHINE View Post
Sounds like your off to a good start . I wish I could get up that early !
Woke up at 4:00 am 3 mornings in a row for fishing and clamming, slept in till 6:00 am before driving home yesterday. Sleeping in till 6:00am just does not sound right....minimal sleep and almost 1600 miles of driving.
BTL
SparkyF250 likes this.

2003 Lariat 4x4 CCSB 6.0
281,500mi
KC Stage 2 Turbo, KDD heads,
ARP Head studs,
175-30 injectors, Adrenalin HPOP
MBRP 4” SS Turbo back
BPD HD remote air to oil cooler
BPD water pump and EGR Cooler
Hayden mechanical fan clutch
Amsoil 2 micron bypass filter
Mishimoto Radiator, HT thermostat and hoses
Mean Green 220amp alternator
Odyssey 65-PC1750T batteries
Accurate Diesel adj. FP regulator cover
Fass Titanium 125 with 5/8” draw tube
post #61958 of 62253 Old 05-22-2019, 10:32 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 1237 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to backhoebill
What did you do to your 6.0 today?

I bate when I pull a stupid, but I was loading some walnut logs for table slabs into my 6.0 with the forks on my skid steer. I hurriedly change the bucket for the forks, and forgot to push the button to lock the forks on. The forks dropped on the tailgate and flopped onto the bedside. I was starting to get attached to this tailgate, as it has been on the truck for over 200,000 miles. This is tailgate number 5 on this truck since new. I was on a roll. Been on since ‘08 or ‘09. At least the tailgate still latches. Maybe I will look for a bed this time. Watch for a silver shortbed and tailgate, please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SparkyF250 likes this.

'06 F250 4x4, 280,xxx hard miles, ARP studded and o-ringed, Bulletproof EGR cooler, IPR coolant filter, blue spring, CSF 6028 intercooler, KC S2R, 4" turbo back, SPD & Herc FICM tune, SCT Livewire, PI converter, occasional Archoil, Mobil 1 Synthetic, Cat elc, Warn bumper and 16.5 winch in front & aftermarket mystery bumper in rear, dent in floorboard under throttle
post #61959 of 62253 Old 05-22-2019, 12:12 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 778 Post(s)
Had to make a small adj to my drag link to correct it. Need to find time maybe this weekend to swap my track bar.

On a side note. I’m 2 days of 3 into a motorcycle safety course put on a local Harley Dealer. Great instructors, super fun! Today was a long day, I need this beer.

2007 F250 Lariat Outlaw
Stock Motor
5" MBRP Catback
post #61960 of 62253 Old 05-22-2019, 01:06 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boudah View Post
Had to make a small adj to my drag link to correct it. Need to find time maybe this weekend to swap my track bar.

On a side note. I’m 2 days of 3 into a motorcycle safety course put on a local Harley Dealer. Great instructors, super fun! Today was a long day, I need this beer.

At least you didn't have the beer before the safety course.

Been raining here for the last week. Usually riding the Road Glide to work every day by now. Never seen this much rain this time of year in the high desert. Probably be thankful for it later in the summer though.

“Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.” Douglas Adams

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode