post #55571 of 62877 Old 03-24-2017, 09:00 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 1273 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to backhoebill
Quote:
Originally Posted by jme__gt View Post
Gotta be something. I'm getting 30lbs with just the atlas 40 till I get my x4 back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My 06 will hit 37 under load with Looney and Atlas40. So I just gotta wait for my son to hold the brake and throttle it with me under the hood. It has great throttle response, but then it kinda falls flat and takes a long time to build rpm, at least longer than I know it should take. Only 14psi with Atlas 40 and stock ECM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'06 F250 4x4, 280,xxx hard miles, ARP studded and o-ringed, Bulletproof EGR cooler, IPR coolant filter, blue spring, CSF 6028 intercooler, KC S2R, 4" turbo back, SPD & Herc FICM tune, SCT Livewire, PI converter, occasional Archoil, Mobil 1 Synthetic, Cat elc, Warn bumper and 16.5 winch in front & aftermarket mystery bumper in rear, dent in floorboard under throttle
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #55572 of 62877 Old 03-24-2017, 09:02 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
What did you do to your 6.0 today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhoebill View Post
My 06 will hit 37 under load with Looney and Atlas40. So I just gotta wait for my son to hold the brake and throttle it with me under the hood. It has great throttle response, but then it kinda falls flat and takes a long time to build rpm, at least longer than I know it should take. Only 14psi with Atlas 40 and stock ECM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I've seen 40-42 before but that was with atlas 40 and SPD when it drop shifted in cruise control towing 7k. Scary scary lol

2003 F-350 XLT, 6.0 P/S, BPD Oil cooler w/filter(& Thermostat, BPD EGR cooler, BPD FICM(58vlts), BPD water pump, DD R/R Kit, ARPs, WW2, Kitty Delete, fuel/boost/trans/pyro, Scan Gauge II, ZF6 SWAPPED with Valair DD, Full Traction Coilover kit 5" with Kings Shocks, 35" BFG
8.981 ET 74.25MPH 1/8th(with the Auto)

post #55573 of 62877 Old 03-24-2017, 09:03 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Quoted: 1617 Post(s)
Quote:
Weird.....who's tuning did you get? I'm waiting to get my x4 unlocked so I can load up WPE

I was running a tsd/spd wrote for the stage 2 turbo, it hit me the other day to see if Vivian (quicktricks) had any tunes for the stage 2 yet because my truck has always loved their tunes, and they did have several. So he sent me looney wild to try, and if it worked well I can get the rest.
So far it looks like I'll be going back to the old faithful quicktricks tunes.

03 cclb dually,6.0,arp studs,bpd oil cooler,bpd 6 phase ficm,bpd water pump,bpd all aluminum cac,all aluminum radiator,amsoil bypass oil filter,ipr high flow coolant filter,egr delete,livewire ts tuned by Vivian & tony,php ficm tuner,dc power 300-spx,Detroit trutrac,6" dual side pipes,07 front end,custom front bumper,shaved badges,led button roof lights,08+ mirrors,12 tailgate,13 rear bumper,13 tail lights,dropped I beams,custom rear 4 link w/bags,k5la train horn,24" alcoa's.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #55574 of 62877 Old 03-24-2017, 09:09 PM
Premium Member

Garage
What did you do to your 6.0 today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by portcity_gt View Post
I was running a tsd/spd wrote for the stage 2 turbo, it hit me the other day to see if Vivian (quicktricks) had any tunes for the stage 2 yet because my truck has always loved their tunes, and they did have several. So he sent me looney wild to try, and if it worked well I can get the rest.

Ahhh I've tried many. Honestly my favorite was warrens. But now after the zf6 swap I can't use the old auto tunes so NIck at discrete diesel got me a freebie from wpe. But sct was locked to old pcm....so playing the waiting game for the next two weeks

2003 F-350 XLT, 6.0 P/S, BPD Oil cooler w/filter(& Thermostat, BPD EGR cooler, BPD FICM(58vlts), BPD water pump, DD R/R Kit, ARPs, WW2, Kitty Delete, fuel/boost/trans/pyro, Scan Gauge II, ZF6 SWAPPED with Valair DD, Full Traction Coilover kit 5" with Kings Shocks, 35" BFG

post #55575 of 62877 Old 03-24-2017, 09:23 PM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Quoted: 3173 Post(s)
Quote:
Gotta be something. I'm getting 30lbs with just the atlas 40 till I get my x4 back

I hit 34 stock with my 03 turbo just hitting it uphill.
stage 2 hits about 40 42 same place

Quote:
Originally Posted by portcity_gt View Post
I can't say enough good things about Vivian and my truck agrees with me
my truck just LOVES looney

I like mead

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

post #55576 of 62877 Old 03-24-2017, 09:29 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by john galt View Post
I hit 34 stock with my 03 turbo just hitting it uphill.

stage 2 hits about 40 42 same place

I can't say enough good things about Vivian and my truck agrees with me

my truck just LOVES looney

Oh yea I'm talking about my stock turbo. 03 with a WW2. I liked how her tunes drove but on my truck it made it buck when going into reverse when I had the auto. But every truck reacts different.

post #55577 of 62877 Old 03-24-2017, 10:48 PM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Quoted: 3173 Post(s)
mine LOVES her tunes I had it at a shop in reno that does LOTS fo 6.0s and the guy said after he test drove it

"man that thing runs great"

it is very well behaved and just seems to produce unlimited power I can go to pass someone at 65 and am doing a hundred before i am around them

but as you say these trucks all have their own personalities and react different to the same things so find what works for you and drive the piss out of it :roifl:
that's my advice
I should say i am on my tow tune right now because looney on snow its just too damn easy to break em lose

I like mead

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

post #55578 of 62877 Old 03-25-2017, 04:19 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Garage
Well, I got my truck back this week from getting new upper and lower ball joints and a tie rod just for kicks and giggles. New serpentine belt. Yesterday, I pulled the front bumper and put my tow hooks on (after repainting them) and threw in a few new turn signal bulbs. Now just hope it passes inspection next week. (Inspector failed it for some of what was fixed and for hydrobooster. Only thing is that two different Ford mechanics say the booster isn't bad...no leaks inside or in engine compartment, no loss of fluid, no loss of breaking. He said he failed it because my steering wheel doesn't turn easy enough for him). Going to get it inspected somewhere else this time.
post #55579 of 62877 Old 03-25-2017, 05:01 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FD_REV View Post
Well, I got my truck back this week from getting new upper and lower ball joints and a tie rod just for kicks and giggles. New serpentine belt. Yesterday, I pulled the front bumper and put my tow hooks on (after repainting them) and threw in a few new turn signal bulbs. Now just hope it passes inspection next week. (Inspector failed it for some of what was fixed and for hydrobooster. Only thing is that two different Ford mechanics say the booster isn't bad...no leaks inside or in engine compartment, no loss of fluid, no loss of breaking. He said he failed it because my steering wheel doesn't turn easy enough for him). Going to get it inspected somewhere else this time.

Has he ever drove a 10+ year old truck?!?? Guy sounds like a douche

post #55580 of 62877 Old 03-25-2017, 05:28 AM
Diesel DB

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FD_REV View Post
Let me guess, the shop where you got your truck inspected offered to do the work? I hate vehicle inspections. Last year I had to take my truck to a new place because the old guy who did my inspections for years decided to retire (jerk...juuuust kidding). This new place failed my truck because the KC lites on the front were on a switch that could be turned on while the high beams are on. He told me the lights would have to be removed in order to pass. I got my nose into the inspection guidelines and discovered that if the lights are covered they aren't inspectable. So I found the original plastic covers and put them on. My son had, at some point years ago, turned the lights on with the covers on and somewhat melted the covers. They still fit but they were kinda wonky. I took the truck back and the guy dinged it because there was a small 1/4 hole in the cover and he could still see light. I was borderline belligerent at this point and the guy said I guess I can put some electrical tape over the hole. He charged me $5 for a piece of tape. I don't go back to that place for anything.

2005 F350 Lariat
Torqshift Tranny
Bulletproof EGR
OEM Oil Cooler
Sinister Coolant filter
Rotella T6
Archoil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode