Severe lag. EBP? Poor tune? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 01-28-2020, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Severe lag. EBP? Poor tune?

Got an 07 CCSB with 137k miles. Got 155/30 injectors, KC Stage 1 turbo, SCT livewire with custom tunes from Warren Diesel. No Check Engine light or codes of any kind.

It's really laggy. I stayed small with the turbo because I wanted it responsive. When the boost comes up, it is so abrupt the truck will smoke its tires. Then I can hold 28 psi. Everything that I am finding about boost leaks and pre-turbo exhaust leaks is that not only will it lag, but it will come up very slowly, not on/off like mine. I made a boost leak detector and couldn't find a leak. Then I put it on the downpipe and came up clean there too, other than the DP connection itself. I can't find any soot anywhere.

The EGTs are difficult to control while towing too. I live in Colorado at 6000' elevation, so a little lag is expected. Warren Diesel has sent me revisions to the tune and one of them helped a little bit, but nowhere near where I think it should be. I don't know if they maybe don't have much experience in high elevation tuning, or if it is something else. EBP sensor maybe? But wouldn't that throw a code?

BTW, I'm not ragging on Warren Diesel. Their customer service has been top notch. I called Gearhead and asked about tunes and they think they can help. But if the tune isn't the problem in the first place, then that's not going to do anything.

Anyone have any experience? The power comes on like a light switch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-28-2020, 07:43 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
I would be getting in touch with Charlie at KC and get his input as well. I suspect the tune but respect Charlie's opinion as well.

k

2005 F-350 Lariat DRW. WAAAAYYYY to much for 500 character limit
post #3 of 4 Old 01-28-2020, 07:51 PM
Blow me to Bermuda!

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Garage
Subscribed.

Justin

2016 F250 6.7 PSD Lariat CCSB FX4 -|- 2006 F350 6.0 PSD Lariat CCSB FX4 -|- 1986 F250 6.9 IDI Lariat ECLB -|- 2008 F250 6.4 PSD XLT CCSB (sold!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 01-28-2020, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I pulled up the EBP readout on the Livewire and it is reading about 53psi warm at idle and 40psi KOEO. Yes, I made sure it was psi and not kpa. That is obviously way high.

BUT... I've found through my search that SCT's EBP pid is completely wrong.
BUT... All those posts are from 2015 or earlier. Did SCT fix it in the last 5 years? Mine is brand new.

So I plugged in my scan tool. Aaaaaand it doesn't have an EBP pid. Great.

I ordered a new sensor and tube. Can't hurt, right?

I also pulled the trigger on 2 Gearhead tunes. I liked what they had to offer better anyway. Hopefully between the tunes and the new sensor it will run better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode