• 1 Post By ChallengerRV

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 01-14-2020, 07:00 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Led Hi beam issues

Hello everyone! New here to the forum and I’ve got a strange question for everyone. I’ve tried searching but to no avail.

I just put some led headlights and fog light into my 05. When I turn the headlights on AND the fog lights, the truck automatically kicks the fog lights off and turns the hi beams on. If I turn the fogs off the lows stay on and the hi beams stay off as they should. Only when I turn on the fogs do they kick them off and turn on the highs. What’s up with that? Is this a voltage issue or what?

Thanks for any help
Ethan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-14-2020, 07:19 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation11 View Post
Hello everyone! New here to the forum and Iíve got a strange question for everyone. Iíve tried searching but to no avail.

I just put some led headlights and fog light into my 05. When I turn the headlights on AND the fog lights, the truck automatically kicks the fog lights off and turns the hi beams on. If I turn the fogs off the lows stay on and the hi beams stay off as they should. Only when I turn on the fogs do they kick them off and turn on the highs. Whatís up with that? Is this a voltage issue or what?

Thanks for any help
Ethan
Good morning Ethan, does all this happen with the factory halogen bulbs or only with aftermarket LED's?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

844-487-2787

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
us for special pricing
Operating Hours: 9am-6pm EST Monday - Friday
post #3 of 4 Old 01-14-2020, 07:48 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Garage
I had this same issue on my F550 when I put LED's in the headlights and the Driving lights. If I turned on the driving lights it turned on the hi beams. It is a grounding issue. I found a Super Duty version for the F150 Bambi mod and that solved my issues. check out this link FogFix and scroll down to step 5. That is the meat and potatoes of the job. The rest is how to take things apart and find the wires if you have not done that before. Super Super easy mod that took care of my issues. Hope it works for you.
BTL likes this.

2005 F550 4X4 Crew Cab Lariat Flatbed 270K miles ARP Studs and basic maint updates otherwise stock. For Now.

*Sold*1997 Crew Cab Long Bed 4X4 (DRW Conversion)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 01-14-2020, 08:14 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It just started as I switched over to the Led I believe. The old halogens were so dim the high may have been on and I wouldn’t know it!

And thanks for the thread. I’ll have to check that out and give it a shot. Thank you both for the quick reply’s.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode