5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 12-14-2019, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 praise..

The 6.0 is the best thing since sliced bread!

That is all! Carry on! Lol 🙂
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 12-14-2019, 12:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I agree with this. Top 3 diesel engines ever made IMO are the 7.3, the 5.9 cummins (I know this is a powerstroke group but come on!) and the 6.0! If you go into buying a 6.0 knowing that you need to dump some money into it to fix the design issues you'll be very pleased with the outcome!
post #3 of 16 Old 12-14-2019, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Spencer View Post
I agree with this. Top 3 diesel engines ever made IMO are the 7.3, the 5.9 cummins (I know this is a powerstroke group but come on!) and the 6.0! If you go into buying a 6.0 knowing that you need to dump some money into it to fix the design issues you'll be very pleased with the outcome!
Exactly. I tell everyone that asks about my choice of trucks.. the 6.0 is the tinkerers truck. If you don’t like wrenching or having someone modify and play with your truck.. the 6.0 isn’t for you.

I had a 6.0 where the y-pipe was broken in 2 pieces and cut a hole through the firewall.. no boost and a healthy dose of CO in the cab.. truck limped a little but still worked with 0 boost for a couple weeks. Lol

They’re solid if you don’t mind putting the time into them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 12-14-2019, 07:05 PM
BBBRRRRRTTTTT

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 609 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
i loved my 6.0 but Ford nailed it with its 6.7...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2016 F-250 Super Crew XLT 6.7L
2007 F-250 Super Cab XL 6.0L (sold)

C-A-P-S CAPS! CAPS! CAPS!
post #5 of 16 Old 12-15-2019, 04:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Garage
I might have to disagree, with buying the 6.0 and not doing research. Iím not exactly happy with the amount of money Iíve had to put into this truck. The only thing that saved my *** is I can do the work myself. Otherwise Iíd probably had to get rid of this money pit, thatís what these trucks are is a money pit. I couldíve built a brand new truck for the cheddar I put into this thing. Iím definitely grateful for the experience. Weíll see how long it last this round. I know that this truck breaking down is inevitable. Hopefully it does exactly what I bought it for, and proves to be a good investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1970 351 Cleveland, 2007 F150 V6, 2007 F350 6.0
Aaron

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 16 Old 12-15-2019, 04:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by breathingfiredragon View Post
I might have to disagree, with buying the 6.0 and not doing research. Iím not exactly happy with the amount of money Iíve had to put into this truck. The only thing that saved my *** is I can do the work myself. Otherwise Iíd probably had to get rid of this money pit, thatís what these trucks are is a money pit. I couldíve built a brand new truck for the cheddar I put into this thing. Iím definitely grateful for the experience. Weíll see how long it last this round. I know that this truck breaking down is inevitable. Hopefully it does exactly what I bought it for, and proves to be a good investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was fortunate and found a low mileage virgin for a very good price. That's what made eating the dollas ok with me. I still have less in it than a similar cummins and am more happy overall with the rest of the truck (transmission, differential, rest of the truck)
post #7 of 16 Old 12-15-2019, 05:32 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Enough so that I'm looking for 2nd in the form of and Excursion for my driveway. LOL!!

k
nine9six likes this.

2005 F-350 Lariat DRW. WAAAAYYYY to much for 500 character limit
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kcoyner For This Useful Post:
Jay Spencer (12-15-2019)
post #8 of 16 Old 12-15-2019, 06:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Garage
That's the key low mileage virgin , don't jack it up , don't put oversize tires , don't add performance , if you want a hot rod buy a hot rod.

I have learned from this site before I had problems , 66000 miles , deleted , flushed , scan gauge 2 , it's a small motor don't over work it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hotvet67 For This Useful Post:
Jay Spencer (12-15-2019)
post #9 of 16 Old 12-15-2019, 11:52 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
6.0 is a tinkerers truck for sure, but anything you buy now days has issues. The 6.0 might be a little more needy than others though. The business side of it takes over the quality aspect, and they know people will keep buying. Bought my 2005 f250 6.0 at what i thought was a good price last year then threw all the BPD parts i could afford at it. Haven't had an issue yet, but its only been 15k miles. I think everything has it quirks, my 2015 durango eats rocker arms for breakfast, dealer would charge $900 in labor for each time they would of gone in there. And this is a known issue for a better part of a decade. I've never had a new car that didnt have it's "known" issues... Now that i think about it, that my be how i decide on my next vehicle... hit the forums and select the vehicle with the least amount of known problems.
bismic likes this.
post #10 of 16 Old 12-15-2019, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

In our business of home and general construction, including plowing during the winter seasons.. we've been through all flavors of trucks. Its obvious people have different opinions in correlation to there experiences. Throughout my time.. Ive personally devoured trucks, and have seen many abused by employees, partners and etc.. Its a rough business we put our trucks through. Constantly pushed past their limits. In my experience.. with the aforementioned "tinkering".. the 6.0 has been our tried and true work horse. The 7.3's we use for the mid weight equipment in the dump truck F550 flavor and they are mules. But they feel like equipment in comfort and speed. lol.. I just love the 6.0. I dont mind the tinkering as i use it as an opportunity to upgrade things past stock config. To me.. They're just a lot of fun and very versatile.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode