22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 12-02-2019, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
KC with great Customer service

Thanks again for having me in your group. This is my first diesel truck, and it has been a rocky start.

First off, I want to give a huge thanks to the guys and gals over at KC Turbos. They have helped me get the parts I want, and made it easy.

So, I bought my 2005 superduty in early spring of 2017. Loved the truck. The previous owner put a lift, and wheels, and a few minor cosmetic, and cooling upgrades. In April of 2018 some drunk, high on pills, 23 year old kid jumped my gate, and attempted to steal my truck. (I say attempted, because he was not charged for theft.) I live behind locked 2 locked gates in the country, and He was only charged with misdemeanor DUI. (A story for another time.)

Anyway the prick did about 8k in cosmetic damage while smashing through my orchard, killing 3 trees. He buried the truck in some loose dirt, and just spooled it, until I got down there, and pulled him out of the truck. Within a week I was blowing coolant out of the de-gas. Damage done.
So here we are black friday 2019, and I blew the bank on parts. Lol I am hoping to build a strong, hard pulling rig to get work done, and pull my friends out of their bad decisions. Here is the list of parts I have ordered as of today.

> Kdd heads
> Arp 625+ studs
> Bp hd cooler kit
> Bp bypass oil filter
> Bp water pump/7.3 fan clutch kit
> DD regulated return
> Casserly 175/30
> Airdog 4g
> Oem head gasket
> Beans tank sump
> Kc stage 2
> New FICM

The truck already had Sinister Coolant bypass filter, and EGR cooler.

I think this should give me the juice I'm looking for. Any Input to make the Ford more reliable, any aother redundancies I should add?
HP MACHINE likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 12-02-2019, 07:39 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Your list looks good but it's never complete. Push rods is one I would go ahead and add now along with glow plugs and a glow plug control module. Be sure your Stand Pipes and Dummy Plugs are upgraded.

k

2005 F-350 Lariat DRW. WAAAAYYYY to much for 500 character limit
post #3 of 14 Old 12-02-2019, 07:51 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 486 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Just remember there are many great people of all different backgrounds on here to help . They will take the time and guide you through the process . Ask away, It's a great forum !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 12-02-2019, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

A few pictures of the old girl. Before, and after are from the guy I bought it off. The other, hanging with my dog on a hot Northern California day.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	received_1762723503785500_1575353018994.jpeg
Views:	52
Size:	408.5 KB
ID:	725679   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180922_130039_1575353258235.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	4.19 MB
ID:	725681   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180312-205722_1575353388781.png
Views:	54
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	725683  
kcoyner likes this.
post #5 of 14 Old 12-02-2019, 10:29 PM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Quoted: 3175 Post(s)
nice blazer
i miss my 72 every day
and of course the 6.0 is beautiful
if i may make one suggestion
lose the egr cooler and get one form bpd to go with the oil cooler and bypass
sinsiter makes junk parts and i wouldnt recommend any of their garbage...
also agree on the push rods for sure the new ones are a tad shorter and more stout and help keep things together a little better.
the coolant filter should be ok if it isnt leaking from sinisters "quality" machine work.
i run one and had to use pipe dope and teflon tape to get it to seal...long story but it has held for near 6 years now so
if you have been talking to kc i would absolutely trust his advice and those kdd heads are a thing of beauty.
there are the usual suspects stand pipes dummy plugs stc fitting that go with an 05 build but it sounds like you are well on your way.
these trucks are addicting...but an endless source of entertainment
and as hp said if you need help there is always people here more knowledgeable than i willing to help out
there really is a great group here some of the better people i have met for sure
kcoyner and nine9six like this.

I like mead
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

Last edited by john galt; 12-02-2019 at 10:32 PM.
post #6 of 14 Old 12-02-2019, 10:34 PM
california deplorable

oh...and dog of course...i must really not be myself tonight to leave a dog out of the picture...
they are vastly superior to humans

I like mead

Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

post #7 of 14 Old 12-03-2019, 01:30 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thank you for the compliments, I have spent nearly 40 years acquiring all this "junk" in my yard. Lol The yellow beast is actually a 72 GMC Jimmy. I have had it for many moons. She sits out back, and gets revived every time one of my newer trucks takes a dump. I throw a battery in her, and she always starts. It is in need of some love, but will still send mud into orbit.
I have had the block head dog "Stallone" for about 3 years. Got him as a puppy. He helps me be a better person every day. I have always had big molosser dogs, and have always trained them as protection dogs. They are truly unbelievable in their loyalty, intelligence, and heart.

"Life is not worth living without the love, and loyalty of a good dog."

Thank you for the advice. When the bank account rebounds, I will be looking into the KDD push rods, and BP Egr cooler.
kcoyner and john galt like this.
post #8 of 14 Old 12-03-2019, 06:18 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,084 Times in 1,012 Posts
Mentioned: 205 Post(s)
Quoted: 2593 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If you're doing all of that, it would be silly, IMO, to not go ahead and plan to change all of the hoses and belts. Especially the y-pipe hose from the degas to the pump (fairly prone to failure after as it ages). Double check the bearings on the idler and tensioner pulleys and replace as needed. Make sure to get new GP harnesses, you will likely break the existing ones. I'd probably opt for a new oil pressure switch and oil/coolant temp sensors.
kcoyner, john galt and BTL like this.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
SPD)

FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
post #9 of 14 Old 12-03-2019, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Are there any specific manufactures I should go with on said parts, or are the oem parts sufficient?
post #10 of 14 Old 12-04-2019, 12:31 AM
california deplorable

oem is good
get with mike @fordsvtparts hes a great guy can can give you tips if we are forgetting anything and get ya the best price on parts
fordsvtparts likes this.

I like mead

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to john galt For This Useful Post:
fordsvtparts (12-05-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode