19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 11-22-2019, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mishimoto sucks a 4th time

Well I've been smelling coolant every time I get out of my truck for the last few days. I got home today and pulled it in the shop and popped the hood then crawled under. Sure enough the V2 I received under warranty is leaking!! SOB!! Next thing I did was check for pressure on the cooling system by cracking the cap on the tank open. I had just finished a pretty hard pull up the mountain so if I had a pressure problem it would be evident right then. Nope! I got just the slightest Psshh. It's under warranty but evidently this is MY problem! They want the numbers off the plaque. You know, the one you can't possibly see or photograph without removing the POS!! Then they want $100 shipping if it's more than 90 days old. WTF!!!! Why does it cost twice as much to ship one that's older than 90 days??? I guess we all know that this is not really a warranty according to Webster.

a usually written guarantee of the integrity of a product and of the maker's responsibility for the repair or replacement of defective parts.

Responsibility includes financial responsibility in my business. It means there is ZERO cost to my customers.

k
bismic, Patriot, nine9six and 1 others like this.

2005 F-350 Lariat DRW. WAAAAYYYY to much for 500 character limit

Last edited by kcoyner; 11-22-2019 at 06:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 11-22-2019, 06:47 PM
Mr. Crossthread

Mentioned: 113 Post(s)
Quoted: 1905 Post(s)
Garage
I'm glad I ordered a prime cooling unit. I've never liked mishimoto and never will.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
kcoyner likes this.

Justin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2005 F250 300,000 miles
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ARP Studs - OEM Gaskets - Machined Heads - EGR Delete - 4" Straight Pipe Axle Dump - MBRP Up-pipes - Holder's 175/Stock Injectors - KC Stage 2 63.5mm - Custom Water/Meth Injection - Beans Diesel Sump - PHP FICM Tuner - SCT X4 - TSD Tunes - Riff Raff Boots and Clamps - Coolant Filter - Blue Spring - CCV Reroute - Custom Big 3 Upgrade - Viper Remote Start - Aluminum Radiator
Check out MPA, those guys are pretty decent

TPB!
post #3 of 17 Old 11-22-2019, 07:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by waggonerj View Post
I'm glad I ordered a prime cooling unit. I've never liked mishimoto and never will.

What are those? I've never heard of them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 11-22-2019, 10:04 PM
Mr. Crossthread

Mentioned: 113 Post(s)
Quoted: 1905 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbsfield18 View Post
What are those? I've never heard of them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Aluminum radiator off of ebay/amazon, not sure if I can post a link since they aren't a vendor.

Justin

2005 F250 300,000 miles

ARP Studs - OEM Gaskets - Machined Heads - EGR Delete - 4" Straight Pipe Axle Dump - MBRP Up-pipes - Holder's 175/Stock Injectors - KC Stage 2 63.5mm - Custom Water/Meth Injection - Beans Diesel Sump - PHP FICM Tuner - SCT X4 - TSD Tunes - Riff Raff Boots and Clamps - Coolant Filter - Blue Spring - CCV Reroute - Custom Big 3 Upgrade - Viper Remote Start - Aluminum Radiator
Check out MPA, those guys are pretty decent

TPB!
post #5 of 17 Old 11-23-2019, 03:12 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcoyner View Post
They want the numbers off the plaque. You know, the one you can't possibly see or photograph without removing the POS!!
Their rads are such junk that I took pictures of the name plates before installing them just for this reason. I could have a new one on the way before ripping the old one out.

I went through two Mishimoto rads in less than 6 months in my OBS before I requested a refund. I put the factory rad back in it.

All of that was occurring while having to replace Mishimoto rads all the time in my old 6.4. They lasted a little less than 6 months each in the 6.4. I think I put a minimum of 5 Mishimoto rads in the 6.4. It may have been 6.

Bringing back the infuriating memories as I type this

1997 F350 CCLB 7.3
2019 F350 CCSB 6.7 Lariat Sport
post #6 of 17 Old 11-23-2019, 03:28 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ars5147 View Post
Their rads are such junk that I took pictures of the name plates before installing them just for this reason. I could have a new one on the way before ripping the old one out.

I went through two Mishimoto rads in less than 6 months in my OBS before I requested a refund. I put the factory rad back in it.

All of that was occurring while having to replace Mishimoto rads all the time in my old 6.4. They lasted a little less than 6 months each in the 6.4. I think I put a minimum of 5 Mishimoto rads in the 6.4. It may have been 6.

Save your self the headache, check out BPD/Performance Radiator. Its all aluminum just not the fancy polished aluminum. It cools just fine even in 100 degree heat pulling 9k camper in a lifted Excursion on 35" tires. Have not had an issue or heard of any issues with them. Its not made by BPD but if they are comfortable enough to put their name on the line for it that says something to me. I also have a Performace Radiator warehouse 45 minutes from me so I was able to pick it up save a few bucks and not have to worry about it being damaged in shipping.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
nine9six likes this.

2003 Excursion Limited 6.0 PSD 4x4 6" lift 35x12.50x20
KDD Long block, KDD O-ringed heads, Colt stage 2 cam, Mahle .020" pistons, ARP head studs,
OE oil cooler and LPOP. OdawgS3, HD up-pipes, Performace valve springs, 190/30 WDI, Marty's Reg return & NeverStranded v2 Fuel System, Adrenaline HPOP, TSD tunes, KC Stage2
post #7 of 17 Old 11-23-2019, 03:33 AM
N.S.D.Q.

Mentioned: 101 Post(s)
Quoted: 920 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
@Mishimoto Sounds like you need to get some engineering people who want to make it right the first time.
jman37, nine9six and letsmow10 like this.

Officially The Biggest Midget In The Game

Last edited by HeavyAssault; 11-23-2019 at 03:36 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HeavyAssault For This Useful Post:
joe blow (11-23-2019)
post #8 of 17 Old 11-23-2019, 04:50 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars5147 View Post

Well I hate it for you but it's good to know that I have company on this road. This makes 3 failed in this truck. I had one fail in another truck and couldn't prove purchase and had to eat.

k

post #9 of 17 Old 11-23-2019, 04:51 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsmow10 View Post
Save your self the headache, check out BPD/Performance Radiator. Its all aluminum just not the fancy polished aluminum. It cools just fine even in 100 degree heat pulling 9k camper in a lifted Excursion on 35" tires. Have not had an issue or heard of any issues with them. Its not made by BPD but if they are comfortable enough to put their name on the line for it that says something to me. I also have a Performace Radiator warehouse 45 minutes from me so I was able to pick it up save a few bucks and not have to worry about it being damaged in shipping.

I also have the aluminum radiator which BPD retails. It's been about 2 years since purchase and no problems so far.
letsmow10 likes this.
post #10 of 17 Old 11-23-2019, 04:58 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsmow10 View Post

That's what I'm probably going to do. I see they've up the price a little but now offer free shipping. What they were charging a few yrs back for shipping was a deal breaker for me. In retrospect I should've just paid up and called it done.

k
letsmow10 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode