Switching to Mach7 from SCT but wanting to keep my EGR code deleted - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 11-15-2019, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Switching to Mach7 from SCT but wanting to keep my EGR code deleted

2006 F-250 FX4 6.0L

I am switching from my old SCT tuner to a brand new Mach7 from Hypermax. The Mach7 does not have a delete for the EGR code. Is there a tune for the SCT that ONLY removes that code that I can flash to before hooking up the Mach7 to keep the CEL off? How would I get said tune?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-15-2019, 11:20 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 485 Post(s)
Garage
No can do on the SCT for deleting EGR and then tuning with your Hypermax on top of it - that's known as "stacking' tunes, and more than likely, your truck won't run correctly and have weird, funky issues. Just be aware that SCT is known as one of (if not THE) best platform for tuning the 6.0. I don't have any experience with the Hypermax, but I do know that if you plan on getting custom tunes, you might wanna check with the tune writer first - a lot of them only write tunes for certain platforms (SCT being one of the biggest).

-jokester

2005 F350 CCLB FX4 Lariat
SCT SF3 - Currently running PHP 80hp Daily Driver Tune with Atlas 40 FICM Tune
Edge Insight CTS2 monitor
Edge EAS EGT probe
Edge EAS Fuel Pressure Sensor
post #3 of 3 Old 11-15-2019, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokester00 View Post
No can do on the SCT for deleting EGR and then tuning with your Hypermax on top of it - that's known as "stacking' tunes, and more than likely, your truck won't run correctly and have weird, funky issues. Just be aware that SCT is known as one of (if not THE) best platform for tuning the 6.0. I don't have any experience with the Hypermax, but I do know that if you plan on getting custom tunes, you might wanna check with the tune writer first - a lot of them only write tunes for certain platforms (SCT being one of the biggest).

-jokester

Could I get someone to tune the EGR code out only on my stock configuration then install the Mach7? I know the guy who made the Mach7 and he said the only reason they didn't put a EGR code delete in it is because they designed it early on when you could just unplug your EGR and it wouldn't throw a code. I know I don't want to stack but I don't want to deal with my CEL being on all the time for something that doesn't matter. I need to hook up my EGT probe before I install the Mach7 anyways so I have some time before I am going to make the switch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode