Switching to Mach7 from SCT but wanting to keep my EGR code deleted - Page 2 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 11 Old 01-10-2020, 12:28 PM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 1706 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanker_01 View Post
My dad ran a Mach7 on his Excursion for about 10 years on a stock motor and never had any issues. He usually just switched between 2 and 4 and never used the super hot tunes but his trans and engine were fine. I have a Jasper rebuilt trans and a blueprinted/studded etc. engine. I plan to use this tuner the same way my dad did and maybe turn it up to 5 or 6 when towing but that will be it. The Mach7 doesn't change your ECU at all it just intercepts the signals from the ECU and changes them before they go their destinations, its just a jumper on the harness basically.
I totally understand the interception devices for power with diesels. Edge had the edge ez for fords and dodges, there is the 10k mod with icp sensor and adding a resister with the 7.3l, and modules like pedel commanders and the stealth stryker module etc edge even came out with the attitude boxes that plugged into many sensors in the engine bay for shift on the fly later on. I wish you the best of luck with the mach7. The facts are still there though. They don't change the transmission tuning to match the (intercepted and changed ecm readouts) from the module giving the truck some extra power. So it may work but you are still risking/missing out on better/safer power.

I did find some people running a transmission only tune from a sct tuner and then running the module box like yours but it was very old and the owner never followed up with any good/bad reports.

https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-...-7-module.html

https://www.powerstrokenation.com/fo...-mach-7-a.html

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

04 Excursion Modified, 04 F350 Modified, 06 F350 Modified

Interested in learning something new?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Its like me getting five 5 gallon bucks and throwing regular, mid, premium, #2 diesel and offroad diesel and then shooting a roman candle at each one to show which ones burns better."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode