Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

FASS FUEL Ti sm factory filter

2K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  repalmer 
#1 ·
I have a Fass Fuel System in my 6.0.

Do I need to have to still use a small factory filter in the engine bay?

If so does anyone know where I can get these where I don't have to buy both filters?

#2 ·
All depends on what kind of filtration your FASS system has

You have to buy them as a pair as far as i know.

#7 ·
I run an Airdog system in my rig and just change out the top fuel filter every 15-20k miles. I thought about doing a regulated return and deleting the fuel bowl, but the reality is the amount of money to do that job will pay for fuels filters until the year 2407. lol! In all seriousness, both the Airdog and FASS systems have such good filtration, you could probably get away with switch the underhood filter out once every couple of years. I completely deleted the OEM pump/filter assembly at the frame rail and removed them, replacing with the Airdog which has individual screw on filters and water separators. Those are good for 30k miles according to Airdog.

#9 · (Edited)
Fleetguard FF-5320 replaces that one that FASS sells
Fleetguard FS-1001 water separator fuel filter

The Fleetguard fuel filter provides superior fuel filtration(2 micron), than the FASS FF3003 diesel fuel filter

Your local Case-IH CNH Dealer sells these for their equipment

#12 ·
I believe you are referring to the adjustable fuel pressure regulator? I would highly suggest monitoring fuel pressure in real time from in the cab. I use a Sinister fuel filter cap that has a 1/8" NPT hole in the top that the sensor screws right into. You can use different fittings to utilize the test port on the bottom side of the housing as well. In my opinion fuel pressure and EGTs are mandatory gauges to have, but I used to roll a 24 valve 5.9 Cummins that were notorious for having fuel delivery fluctuations, so maybe I'm just paranoid. I ended up installing an Airdog system on that truck as well. lol

Reactions: Hydro
#13 ·
I would add a oil pressure gauge for the base engine oil as well

Reactions: Chris
#18 ·
Lol ...I suppose my wallet is not as fat as yours ...own a 6.0 after all

Reactions: ZMANN
#21 ·
The low oil psi gauge we're talking about isn't really a 'gauge' , it's more of a glorified light. It only moves if there's more than 7psi oil oil, then goes to the middle of the sweep making you think you might have 30 or more psi. But in reality, you might only have 8psi and it would be in the same place. The sending unit is more of a switch. It's turns on when the engine hits 7psi, turns off under that.
That being said, you can't monitor the low oil pressure side with anything unless you ad an after market setup.

#22 ·
So, a lot of singles huh? We all know where you're going. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.