9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 10-13-2019, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Whats better for monitoring the 6.0

I have an edge evolution cts that I bought several years ago and I have only used it for less than 20k miles, the touch screen isn't working properly and I tried doing a software update and it didn't do anything. I don't want to spend $400 again as it looks like the newer models are having the same issue, so it looks like edge are crap IMHO which it sucks because I have a few of there add ons. Would the android system be the same as the edge for monitoring the 6.0?

07 f350 Dually tow boss, NUC delux oil bypass with Amsoil filter, IPR high flow coolant filter, blue spring, dummy plugs, stand pipes, Fabtech 6" lift kit with stealth shocks, Bilstein 5100 steering stabilizer, 4" MBRP turbo back exhaust, Edge Evolution with EGT sensor, PHP ficm programmer, BPD Ficm, BPD water pump, BPD 7.3 fan upgrade, BPD diesel aluminum fuel cap, OEM intercooler cac tube upgrade, 6.7 starter, 6.7 tailgate, Harley Davidson style headlights, color matched front grill, Bushwacker 2" front fender flares, Warn front hitch, custom front bumper, Ravelco anti theft system, Fumoto drain plug.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 10-13-2019, 06:28 PM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 432 Post(s)
Quoted: 3143 Post(s)
I would contact edge and see if they will fix it for you.
i have heard of a couple guys having to do that and they took care of them
mine has been working great since 2013 so i got no complaints
otherwise the torque pro app and a dedicated tablet would be a great idea.
jokester00 and Chris like this.

I like mead
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

post #3 of 11 Old 10-13-2019, 06:57 PM

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
I am liking ForScan Lite - it is a VERY good code reader.
john galt and Hydro like this.

Mark
06 F250CC SB FX4 Lariat; ARP studs; OEM gaskets; Banks exhaust; DynaTrac Ball joints; RACCCV6000; JimmiJammers; Ravelco; SynchroMax in trans case; Fumoto valves; Harpooned; Blue regulator spring; DashDAQ; PHP FICM; RiffRaff boots; DCPower 270AXP; Power Inverter; Bilstein shocks; BPD EGR cooler, radiator, water pump; SCT w/ SRL+; Rotella ELC Ultra Coolant; X2Power AGM batteries
No-start thread:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 10-13-2019, 08:17 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Garage
Torque Pro and an old Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 -- currently mounted on the dash cup spiller drawer
have not set it up -- but there are apps to automate starting the tablet at key on

Wanting one of those replacement radios that has a screen to run Torque on
john galt likes this.

In my defense, I was unsupervised
2006 F250 Lariat FX4 cclb
Torque Pro and OBDLink MX bluetooth monitor
General note:
For all those wanting a premium silicone sealer Kubota 70000-73764 is the best your gonna find. This is a hybrid gray silicone that uses solvent rather than acid to start the curing reaction, this makes it safe for aluminum and and any surface that involves coolant.
post #5 of 11 Old 10-14-2019, 06:58 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
The display went to s..t on my 1st edge after 3 years. I can't remember the details but I sent the old one in and they gave me a pretty good discount on the CTS/2.

k
HeavyAssault and john galt like this.

2005 F-350 Lariat DRW. WAAAAYYYY to much for 500 character limit
post #6 of 11 Old 10-14-2019, 07:00 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
I just got a response from edge and they can't fix mine, they only offered $100 for trade in. I'm not sure if I will get one again, I have read people are having the same issues with newer models too. Thinking of trying torque pro app and a tablet.
john galt likes this.
post #7 of 11 Old 10-14-2019, 10:04 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
We don't offer them here at Dales but a simple and very inexpensive Bluetooth scanner/reader that plugs into your OBD2 will get it done. All you need is a good app like "Dash Command" for about $10. The scanners run from $5 to $30. The Bluetooth devices can be found on eBay, Amazon and most marketplaces.

You can use whatever mobile device you like, phone or tablet. Some of the info may be limited depending on what you want to read.

844-487-2787

us for special pricing
Operating Hours: 9am-6pm EST Monday - Friday
post #8 of 11 Old 10-16-2019, 12:04 AM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 432 Post(s)
Quoted: 3143 Post(s)
i got a blutooth set up and forscan and my old computer crashed and i never got around to reloading it i need a tablet with 5g wifi for a drone anyways so i may try to play wht that at some point.
still pretty happy with my edge and with four dials on the pilar i am pretty well coverd so instead of torque pro i may get forscan for code reading again at soe point. but i am in no rush.
i dont think you can go wrong with either option from what i have heard

I like mead

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

post #9 of 11 Old 10-17-2019, 08:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydro View Post
Torque Pro and an old Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 -- currently mounted on the dash cup spiller drawer
have not set it up -- but there are apps to automate starting the tablet at key on

Wanting one of those replacement radios that has a screen to run Torque on
Wow, this is my set up, but I didn’t know about an app the turns the tablet on. That’s been the only pain with this set up. Can you till me the app name?

Torque pro is awesome. I can monitor just about anything and even stuff that I probably shouldn’t but now worry about. 🙄
USAF93 likes this.
post #10 of 11 Old 10-17-2019, 08:31 AM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 1616 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
When I got my very first diesel a 2006 f350 I got an edge insight and it lasted 7yrs before I sold the truck. I now have another edge insight that's 3.5ish yrs old and it still works. at -25 it does take a little while for the screen to be 100% but still works. I honestly feel edge is the best when you consider all the variables:

you can use your phone but then you are always draining the battery with Bluetooth and having to look at your phone risking getting a cop interested...

You can use a tablet or laptop but then you need to get a mount, make it look halfway decent, mess with the charging cable or not forgetting the charger if you take it out, and it attracts thieves.

You can use scanguage II. They are cheaper, simple but that's it... ugly and not nearly the options as edge insights monitoring and diagnostics.

Meanwhile... The edge insight has molded cases that sit nicely on the dash, plug into your obdII, look nice and again for me they have never failed in California's 115 summer and -25 at my house in the winter. It looks more factory and doesn't attract unwanted attention.

I would give edge another shot personally. I have used one edge insight on 10+ vehicles in the same day when I was helping a friend buy a diesel too etc. still worked fine.

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

04 Excursion Modified, 04 F350 Modified, 06 F350 Modified

Interested in learning something new?

"Its like me getting five 5 gallon bucks and throwing regular, mid, premium, #2 diesel and offroad diesel and then shooting a roman candle at each one to show which ones burns better."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode