6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 10-13-2019, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Is this all I need?

Sorry for the ignorance but this is the first time I have removed an injector from a 6.0, is this all I need to send to be rebuild?
The reason I asked is because I have hear people talking about injector cups and I'm not sure if that needs to be replaced too.

Also, does the tip of the injector looks right, it's king of rough to the touch.

I'm not sure if I'll send all 4 injectors from the passenger side of just the number 3 cylinder as that's the one that seems to be bad (got a code P0269 for cyl 3 contribution issue), but while I'm working there, is there something else I should replace or upgrade?

I already upgraded the stand pipes and dummy plug probably like 20k miles ago or like 3 years ago, do they need to be replaced again?

Thanks for any help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191013_133334.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	6.32 MB
ID:	724021   Click image for larger version

Name:	20191013_133252.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	6.01 MB
ID:	724023   Click image for larger version

Name:	20191013_133131.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	7.05 MB
ID:	724025  

07 f350 Dually tow boss, NUC delux oil bypass with Amsoil filter, IPR high flow coolant filter, blue spring, dummy plugs, stand pipes, Fabtech 6" lift kit with stealth shocks, Bilstein 5100 steering stabilizer, 4" MBRP turbo back exhaust, Edge Evolution with EGT sensor, PHP ficm programmer, BPD Ficm, BPD water pump, BPD 7.3 fan upgrade, BPD diesel aluminum fuel cap, OEM intercooler cac tube upgrade, 6.7 starter, 6.7 tailgate, Harley Davidson style headlights, color matched front grill, Bushwacker 2" front fender flares, Warn front hitch, custom front bumper, Ravelco anti theft system, Fumoto drain plug.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 10-13-2019, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

Is there any advantage or disadvantage when sending my own injectors for a rebuild or is it better to just get them already rebuilt?

Who do you guys recommend for reman injectors and how much should I expect to pay?

I was told alliance is the once Ford use to rebuild them, is that true?

07 f350 Dually tow boss, NUC delux oil bypass with Amsoil filter, IPR high flow coolant filter, blue spring, dummy plugs, stand pipes, Fabtech 6" lift kit with stealth shocks, Bilstein 5100 steering stabilizer, 4" MBRP turbo back exhaust, Edge Evolution with EGT sensor, PHP ficm programmer, BPD Ficm, BPD water pump, BPD 7.3 fan upgrade, BPD diesel aluminum fuel cap, OEM intercooler cac tube upgrade, 6.7 starter, 6.7 tailgate, Harley Davidson style headlights, color matched front grill, Bushwacker 2" front fender flares, Warn front hitch, custom front bumper, Ravelco anti theft system, Fumoto drain plug.

Last edited by wellcraft; 10-13-2019 at 01:49 PM.
post #3 of 12 Old 10-13-2019, 01:41 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,067 Times in 996 Posts
Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Quoted: 2551 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Injectors Direct is a good option, I think @[email protected] has them too. If it were me, going back with a stock injector, I'd only use a Ford Reman or a brand new Alliant injector. They cost a little more, but I've rarely heard of bad experiences with either.
john galt likes this.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SPD)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 10-13-2019, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
Injectors Direct is a good option, I think @[email protected] has them too. If it were me, going back with a stock injector, I'd only use a Ford Reman or a brand new Alliant injector. They cost a little more, but I've rarely heard of bad experiences with either.
Thanks for replying, I've been looking for new injectors and haven't been able to find them, where do I find new injectors from alliance, would like to check the cost.

I was just looking at injectors direct but didn't know about their reputation.

post #5 of 12 Old 10-13-2019, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

Nevermind, I found brand new sets, they are about $55 more per injector, wonder if it's worth the extra cost?
john galt likes this.

post #6 of 12 Old 10-13-2019, 03:07 PM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 432 Post(s)
Quoted: 3143 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellcraft View Post
Nevermind, I found brand new sets, they are about $55 more per injector, wonder if it's worth the extra cost?
from what i have heard...yes... they are effectively brand new injectors which is hard to beat.
and i dont think i have heard anyone have a failure with one unlike about every other injector out there

I like mead

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

post #7 of 12 Old 10-13-2019, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

I'm thinking of replacing all 4 from the passenger side but I'm having a hard time replacing them since they only have 88k miles in them but cyl 3 is the one throwing a code. Whatever I do I think I'm going with new ones, I'm looking for the best price right now.

post #8 of 12 Old 10-13-2019, 03:29 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Any time I've ever debating a question like that (do I fix just the busted item, or all associated items while I'm there), I always answer it with a 2nd question:

Am I willing to put this all together, and go back into it again in a month or so? If the answer to that is 'no', then I do the additional work immediately. If the answer is 'yes', then I just fix whatever's in front of me
kcoyner likes this.
post #9 of 12 Old 10-13-2019, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doward View Post
Any time I've ever debating a question like that (do I fix just the busted item, or all associated items while I'm there), I always answer it with a 2nd question:

Am I willing to put this all together, and go back into it again in a month or so? If the answer to that is 'no', then I do the additional work immediately. If the answer is 'yes', then I just fix whatever's in front of me
That's what I'm thinking, It is just that I don't want to spend the extra money right now but at the same time I don't want to do it again plus we are thinking of going on vacation for thanksgiving with our 5th wheel, so most likely I'll replace all 4.

post #10 of 12 Old 10-13-2019, 03:45 PM

Mentioned: 1183 Post(s)
Quoted: 1421 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
You are fine with Ford OEM remans. They have a nice warranty too, and that is why we carry alot of Ford/Motorcraft OEM parts.
kcoyner and BTL like this.

[SIZE="3"]For all your ford powerstroke needs. If you dont see what you are looking for on the website, please use the contact page and shoot us a message or
Part numbers will help alot too if they are not on our site.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode