Daughter's First Vehicle (not a 6.0 but you dudes will like it) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 09-27-2019, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Daughter's First Vehicle (not a 6.0 but you dudes will like it)

I'm a bit nervous but it's almost time for my oldest daughter to start driving. We don't live in town so her being able to drive on her own is a big deal. Since she was about 11 she's been saying she wants a Ford 4X4 that will tow her horses. As you guys know, finding a decent 4X4 pickup is not an easy thing. I've been keeping a casual eye out for the right thing, not really expecting to find anything she'd be happy with. She has to pay us back so it had to be a decent price. As a parent I wanted it to be fairly modern and have airbags.

Browsing through a local classifieds paper this morning I found a 2006 F-150 pick up listed for $3K. No real description. Called the owner up and found out it's an F-150 4X4 regular cab with the 4.6 V-8, XL package, and get this...54K miles. Other than a pushed in front driver-side bumper it's pretty clean. Never expected to find something so decent that would check the boxes and make her happy. Brought it home tonight. It should tug around our little 2-horse trailer just fine. The kid's already scheming on how to pay us back because she wants to earn it. She's a good kid, and a very happy one tonight.

2007 F-350 4X4 CCSB, 6.0 PSD, ZF6 Manual Trans, 3.73s, EGR and Cat improvement, Edge CTS2 with EGT and Fuel, SCT X4, PHP FICM Programmer, Sinister Adjustable Fuel Press. Cover, Ficmrepair.com batt/alt wiring upgrade, Bosch 140 amp alternator with overdrive pulley, Rotella ELC, High-Idle mod, Mishimoto coolant filter, 6.4 starter, Genex mirror w/temp and compass, Magnum RT steps, Leer 100R Shell, Custom front bumper replacement, Steelcraft Elevation rear bumper, B&W turnover ball, 4" Cat Back exhaust, JVC head unit with backup camera, '08+ towing mirrors and rear diff. cover, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 09-27-2019, 07:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sweet, congrats!
Sock Puppet likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2006 F250 CCSB 4x4 6.0, Air Dog II- 4G, Barder 1.5 Turbo, Snow methanol injection, Scanguage II, IPR coolant filter, Amsoil oil bypass, Max Tow gauges, 2 1/2" leveling kit, rear air bags, 35"x12" tires on 18x9 wheels, Blue spring, Gearhead tunes
post #3 of 14 Old 09-27-2019, 09:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Looks like a nice little truck

05 f250 6.0 mostly stock no tune's
Sock Puppet likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 09-30-2019, 06:19 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,067 Times in 996 Posts
Mentioned: 201 Post(s)
Quoted: 2543 Post(s)
Garage
Nice. The only thing that would have made it better would have been a 5.4 instead of the 4.6. Would be a little better towing the horses, but that one will get it done.
john galt and Sock Puppet like this.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SPD)

FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
post #5 of 14 Old 09-30-2019, 08:14 AM
It is What IT is

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 427 Post(s)
Great Find! and GREAT kid!
Sock Puppet likes this.

Zach

07 F250 KR FX4 CCSB, Dark Copper Metallic/AZ Beige, Rotella T6
6000K HIDs, Zoodad, Fog mod/High Idle, Tinted, Rancho 9000s, Banks CAI,
Blue Spring, NUC/Amsoil Bypass Oil Filter
Z36 slotted/drilled rotors, Carbon Ceramic brake pads,
Warren 175/stock, Atlas 40, Fleetrite ELC, ScangaugeII

168,084 miles....

Air Force Veteran......Go Blue!

Support Our Troops - Remember Our Veterans!
post #6 of 14 Old 09-30-2019, 09:40 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
Nice truck. Congrats. I wish my 1st car was that nice

2005 F550 4X4 Crew Cab Lariat Flatbed 270K miles ARP Studs and basic maint updates otherwise stock. For Now.

*Sold*1997 Crew Cab Long Bed 4X4 (DRW Conversion)

post #7 of 14 Old 09-30-2019, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
Nice. The only thing that would have made it better would have been a 5.4 instead of the 4.6. Would be a little better towing the horses, but that one will get it done.
I would have preferred it to have a manual transmission but knew that wasn't likely. I'm very surprised by the 4.6 in this truck, it runs better than I expected. I haven't had time to check the gear ratio yet but it's a good combo. She'll never tow our 3-horse slant with this truck, just the 2-hors straight-load which isn't particularly heavy. I think it'll make for a good rig for her.

We'll start all the fluid changes and basic mechanical stuff in the next few weeks. She's keen to be involved in all of it which is fantastic.
SparkyF250 and letsmow10 like this.

2007 F-350 4X4 CCSB, 6.0 PSD, ZF6 Manual Trans, 3.73s, EGR and Cat improvement, Edge CTS2 with EGT and Fuel, SCT X4, PHP FICM Programmer, Sinister Adjustable Fuel Press. Cover, Ficmrepair.com batt/alt wiring upgrade, Bosch 140 amp alternator with overdrive pulley, Rotella ELC, High-Idle mod, Mishimoto coolant filter, 6.4 starter, Genex mirror w/temp and compass, Magnum RT steps, Leer 100R Shell, Custom front bumper replacement, Steelcraft Elevation rear bumper, B&W turnover ball, 4" Cat Back exhaust, JVC head unit with backup camera, '08+ towing mirrors and rear diff. cover, etc.
post #8 of 14 Old 09-30-2019, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRV View Post
Nice truck. Congrats. I wish my 1st car was that nice
No kidding! I didn't expect to score something so decent for our self-imposed budget. It was important that she be able to pay us back / work it off, so the price had to be reasonable. She was prepared to get something older/cheaper and is very happy with it.

It's kind of funny, my first vehicle was a 1976 F-150 regular cab 4X4 with a 360/4-speed manual. Man I loved that truck as a teenager! Now my daughter is getting something very similar, only 30 years newer.
john galt likes this.

post #9 of 14 Old 09-30-2019, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 615 Post(s)
Garage
Lucky Daughter to have a great dad like you!

Darryl | Owner/Operator
Truck | 2001 F350 7.3L CCLB

5th Wheel |

Proud US Navy Veteran | '76-'80 - Petty Officer 2nd Class (E5) - U.S.S. Point Defiance (LSD-31) - 'Gator Navy
post #10 of 14 Old 09-30-2019, 08:59 PM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 432 Post(s)
Quoted: 3141 Post(s)
ha ha that is a great first car/truck
my first vehicle was a totalled 62 vw bug i spent 9 months rebuilding to have a car
turned it into a baja bug and i LOVED that thing
of course thats kinda how it is with first cars first loves...same thing
Sock Puppet and letsmow10 like this.

I like mead

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode