LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 09-19-2019, 03:24 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Place to purchase single injector nozzle

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of a place to buy injector nozzles 1 at a time? I have bought many sets but never a single and was just trying to save some time if anyone knows a site. I tore my rig down last night due to heavy smoking at idle and lumpy idle to find a cracked injector nozzle on number 1. This matched the code I got so I replaced the injector with a spare I have. If I cannot buy a single I guess the time has come to bump up to 155cc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-19-2019, 03:35 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabledogg View Post
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of a place to buy injector nozzles 1 at a time? I have bought many sets but never a single and was just trying to save some time if anyone knows a site. I tore my rig down last night due to heavy smoking at idle and lumpy idle to find a cracked injector nozzle on number 1. This matched the code I got so I replaced the injector with a spare I have. If I cannot buy a single I guess the time has come to bump up to 155cc
I know its not listed on their but give Warren's a call. They might be able to help you out. How many miles are on the injectors? Might be worth going ahead and replacing them if funds will allow.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2003 Excursion Limited 6.0 PSD 4x4 6" lift 35x12.50x20
KDD Long block, KDD O-ringed heads, Colt stage 2 cam, Mahle .020" pistons, ARP head studs,
OE oil cooler and LPOP. OdawgS3, HD up-pipes, Performace valve springs, 190/30 WDI, Marty's Reg return & NeverStranded v2 Fuel System, Adrenaline HPOP, TSD tunes, KC Stage2
post #3 of 7 Old 09-19-2019, 04:13 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Sad part is the injectors only have 9k miles on them. They were purchased from injectorsdirect almost 3 years ago, this happened about 5 months after purchase date and end of warranty grrrr. As you can tell it is not my daily driver from the miles so I am inherently pissed about a nozzle taking a dump under 10k. The injector looks like brand new still when I pulled it, after wiping the nozzle down with brake cleaner to remove the little bit of carbon on the tip is when i noticed it was "wetting" about half way up on the one side of the nozzle oh joy. It is what it is, I believe I have inherently have bad luck lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 09-19-2019, 04:28 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Sad part is the injectors only have 9k miles on them. They were purchased from injectorsdirect almost 3 years ago, this happened about 5 months after purchase date and end of warranty grrrr. As you can tell it is not my daily driver from the miles so I am inherently pissed about a nozzle taking a dump under 10k. The injector looks like brand new still when I pulled it, after wiping the nozzle down with brake cleaner to remove the little bit of carbon on the tip is when i noticed it was "wetting" about half way up on the one side of the nozzle oh joy. It is what it is, I believe I have inherently have bad luck lol.
I understand the bad luck feel 100%. I would call Warren's and see if they can help you out.

KDD Long block, KDD O-ringed heads, Colt stage 2 cam, Mahle .020" pistons, ARP head studs,
OE oil cooler and LPOP. OdawgS3, HD up-pipes, Performace valve springs, 190/30 WDI, Marty's Reg return & NeverStranded v2 Fuel System, Adrenaline HPOP, TSD tunes, KC Stage2
post #5 of 7 Old 09-20-2019, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well got her back together and she is running strong again. I had a new harness and was not going to replace until I looked at the original and there were some sketchy looking places so on the new one went. I will say this the truck has never run this smooth at idle since i bought it, probably saved my self another troubleshoot session in the near future putting new harness on lol.

Waiting on response from Warren to see if they will sell me a single nozzle or not.
letsmow10 likes this.
post #6 of 7 Old 09-27-2019, 07:45 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Brief update, Warren diesel sending me new nozzle and internal oring, good to see sponsors that are very stand up. I will be buying more items from them when needed.
letsmow10 likes this.
post #7 of 7 Old 09-27-2019, 07:48 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Brief update, Warren diesel sending me new nozzle and internal oring, good to see sponsors that are very stand up. I will be buying more items from them when needed.
Glad they could help!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode