• 1 Post By 7.3lf550

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 09-10-2019, 01:25 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bypass the clutch pedal start switch ?

Is there a way to bypass or eliminate the clutch start switch on an 06 ? I grew up driving sticks since 1973 and have a 65 mustang and 68 torino that dont have those switches. I dont like the idea of having to put unnecessary pressure on the thrust bearing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-10-2019, 02:57 AM
Old School

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Garage
I'm sure you can figure out a way to bypass it, but just hope you don't have a friend or family member not realize it and try to start the truck when it's in gear. lol

2006 Ford F250 CCSB FX4 6 Speed Manual
KC Stage 1 Turbo, Spearco Intercooler, SCT X4 w/ Custom TSD Tunes, ARP Studs, South Bend Dual Disc Clutch SFDD3250-6.0, AirDog II-4G Pump, AFE HD Momentum CAI, AFE CAC Pipes, AFE Intake Horn, AFE Front and Rear Dif Covers, Magnaflow 4" Turbo Back, EGR Delete, Sinister 200 Amp Alternator, Sinister Coolant Filter, BPD Radiator, BPD Water Pump, Big 3 Upgrade, Blue Spring, EDGE Insight CTS2, Morimoto BI-LED Projector Retrofit, Morimoto LED Fog Lights, Bilstein 5100s
Fast, cheap, reliable...pick two.
post #3 of 7 Old 09-10-2019, 09:33 AM
N.S.D.Q.

Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Quoted: 822 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Watching that video it seems pretty easy to get what you want. Just drop out the switch and rig it to be engaged. Might want to test is several times before leaving it for others to crash. LOL

Officially The Biggest Midget In The Game

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 09-10-2019, 10:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I'm sure you can figure out a way to bypass it, but just hope you don't have a friend or family member not realize it and try to start the truck when it's in gear. lol
nobody drives my vehicles but me. I'm not married and dont have kids. GF cant drive a stick. Remember for decades there was no clutch safety switch. If you drive a 1960's car beware that stick cars didnt come with a clutch safety switch. People were smarted back then and didnt need safety switches or lane change warnings or all that other safety crap like Boeing put on the 737 Max 8.
post #5 of 7 Old 09-10-2019, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Btw IF you buy or drive a stick car from the 60's like a mustang or camaro they DO NOT have clutch safety switches. We grew up in the time when people were smart and didnt need all this so called computer control crap
post #6 of 7 Old 09-10-2019, 05:51 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleslottedflaps View Post
Btw IF you buy or drive a stick car from the 60's like a mustang or camaro they DO NOT have clutch safety switches. We grew up in the time when people were smart and didnt need all this so called computer control crap
I agree 100%

However here is the other side of the coin....

IF you forget 1 time its way worse on the starter/flywheel/ and whatever you may ram into including but not limited to running your self over from leaning in and starting the thing.

The thrust bearing gets way more use driving than it does the few times a day getting started.

Just my measely 2 cents. I have employees so safety switch is a must.....
Chris likes this.
post #7 of 7 Old 09-10-2019, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.3lf550 View Post
I agree 100%

However here is the other side of the coin....

IF you forget 1 time its way worse on the starter/flywheel/ and whatever you may ram into including but not limited to running your self over from leaning in and starting the thing.

The thrust bearing gets way more use driving than it does the few times a day getting started.

Just my measely 2 cents. I have employees so safety switch is a must.....
We always had our foot on the brake and the parking brake on in those 1960 cars. I still keep my foot on the brake and parking brake on when starting my safety switched truck.

The reason the thrust bearing gets more wear on startup because the oil has dripped off. When driving I put the trans in neutral when coming to a stop. I do not sit at a red light with the clutch pushed in. I look at the opposite traffic light and when it turns yellow I push the clutch , put it gear and the light is green about then and I go. The thrust bearing is getting oiled real good when the engine is running.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode