LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 27 Unread Yesterday, 07:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Quoted: 946 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordsvtparts View Post
Good thing they don't make it confusing LOL.

I bet you could even use Mercon V in these particular transfer cases, but don't quote me on that.
I know people that do use V in their transfer cases but this little jewel will keep me from ever putting it in mine

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2004 F250 CCSB 4X4
4" Skyjacker lift
3:73 gears
35x12.5x18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on Method MR309 wheels
KDD heads, ARP studs, BD exhaust manifolds, DieselSite up pipes, Mishimoto degas bottle
PHP Insight PRO
PHP Atlas 40 FICM tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 Unread Yesterday, 02:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I just checked Rockauto and SP is $6.40 per qt. Shipping on 24 qts is $15.99 to the KC area. I would go with the one that brung me. I have SP on the shelf simply because I want to put back what I took out. LV is supposed to be good for a 5R110W but as I understood years ago Ford dropped its manufacturing but brought it back due to transmission issues with LV at that time. So, take it with a grain of salt and put in what you feel comfortable with. Me, it's SP.
ChallengerRV and voodooridr like this.
post #23 of 27 Unread Yesterday, 03:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I put Wolf's Head tranny fluid in mine at 150000 and ran it till 320000 with zero issues and it plowed snow every winter
bismic likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 27 Unread Yesterday, 04:00 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fefanatic View Post
I just checked Rockauto and SP is $6.40 per qt. Shipping on 24 qts is $15.99 to the KC area. I would go with the one that brung me. I have SP on the shelf simply because I want to put back what I took out. LV is supposed to be good for a 5R110W but as I understood years ago Ford dropped its manufacturing but brought it back due to transmission issues with LV at that time. So, take it with a grain of salt and put in what you feel comfortable with. Me, it's SP.
Ford only recently (7/2018 I believe) removed SP from their main recommendation chart. I suspect because it is a "10 yr chart)
https://www.fcsdchemicalsandlubrican...ref/atf2US.pdf

It still exists, and always has since introduction, on this one (for the 6HP26 and the 6R60/6R75 transmissions):
https://www.fcsdchemicalsandlubrican...kref/atfUS.pdf

Also, I have never seen anything from Ford that said problems were encountered with LV. Not saying 100% for certain that they aren't out there, but I just don't believe there are any such stories.

http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/for...ad.php?t=17473

Most of the bad press (or the concerns) about LV came from the FordParts.com web site that left out a statement that was included in the recommended chemicals and lubricants page. Specifically, in the statement "Do not use in applications where MERCON® ULV, MERCON® V, MERCON® SP (exceptTorqShift®)". The FordParts.com page left out the "(except Torqshift)" part. It was very unfortunate. That error doesn't seem to be there anymore.

Ford "unveiled" LV in early '07 (April 25, 2007 article in Lube report), but had not completed the compatibility testing in the 5R110 until '09. 09 is when they recommended LV for the 5R110.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forum...68/type/thread

Last edited by bismic; Yesterday at 04:38 PM.
post #25 of 27 Unread Yesterday, 04:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
I talked with Valvoline years ago and they stand behind the Max-Life Fluid in my 03. Its been well over 100k that Max-Life has been in my truck with zero issues.
FWI

By the way if you want to call and talk to them for their recommendation its 1-800-TEAMVAL
bismic and jokester00 like this.
post #26 of 27 Unread Yesterday, 05:41 PM

Mentioned: 757 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodooridr View Post
I know people that do use V in their transfer cases but this little jewel will keep me from ever putting it in mine

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Well, that's a rather good reason

We are Autonation Ford of White Bear Lake selling all OEM Ford parts at employee prices (formerly Tousley)

Call us at 1-800-328-9552 (be sure to mention this website when calling)
OR check out our website
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'll meet or or beat any price on OEM parts
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #27 of 27 Unread Today, 04:47 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I had Valvoline do a trans flush with their max life in April of this year, in July my trans crapped out and needed to be replaced. Only had 100k on that trans. Maybe coincidence, maybe not.. But worth noting if it saves someone 3g's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in