zf6 clutch options - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 08-20-2019, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
zf6 clutch options

i believe my clutch is slipping a little. and i was wondering if anyone has done a write up on changing the clutch? and does anyone else know about clutch options? any input? thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-20-2019, 05:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
@Co[email protected] can help you out with some options.

2007 F-350 4X4 CCSB, 6.0 PSD, ZF6 Manual Trans, 3.73s, EGR and Cat improvement, Edge CTS2 with EGT and Fuel, SCT X4, PHP FICM Programmer, Sinister Adjustable Fuel Press. Cover, Ficmrepair.com batt/alt wiring upgrade, Bosch 140 amp alternator with overdrive pulley, Rotella ELC, High-Idle mod, Mishimoto coolant filter, 6.4 starter, Genex mirror w/temp and compass, Magnum RT steps, Leer 100R Shell, Custom front bumper replacement, Steelcraft Elevation rear bumper, B&W turnover ball, 4" Cat Back exhaust, JVC head unit with backup camera, '08+ towing mirrors and rear diff. cover, etc.
post #3 of 7 Old 08-21-2019, 02:53 AM
Old School

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Garage
I run a South Bend double disc in my 2006. After adding power over time, the stock clutch would start slipping when I got over 2/3 throttle, so I upgraded it. Been very happy.

2006 Ford F250 CCSB FX4 6 Speed Manual
KC Stage 1 Turbo, Spearco Intercooler, SCT X4 w/ Custom TSD Tunes, ARP Studs, South Bend Dual Disc Clutch SFDD3250-6.0, AirDog II-4G Pump, AFE HD Momentum CAI, AFE CAC Pipes, AFE Intake Horn, AFE Front and Rear Dif Covers, Magnaflow 4" Turbo Back, EGR Delete, Sinister 200 Amp Alternator, Sinister Coolant Filter, BPD Radiator, BPD Water Pump, Big 3 Upgrade, Blue Spring, EDGE Insight CTS2, Morimoto BI-LED Projector Retrofit, Morimoto LED Fog Lights, Bilstein 5100s
Fast, cheap, reliable...pick two.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 08-25-2019, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
ive been abusing my clutch. as far as i know its a stock clutch with 230k, but pulling more than 15000k through mud snow and doesn't grab the way it use to. i believe its slipping and im just looking for something i can slowly add more power to and not have to worry.
post #5 of 7 Old 08-25-2019, 05:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 550 Post(s)
I have South Bend's highest rated single disc, and it has worked good for 3 years, engagement is smooth and it doesn't slip under full power. However next time I will go with the dual disc because I want something that will grab better when I try to launch it. The single disc doesn't like high rpm launches in 4x4.

00 f250 ext. cab, lb, 4x4, 158,000, zf 6 speed, South Bend 1944ofe, 4 in lift, 315/75/16 Courser MXTs, rear Detroit locker, PMF traction bars, Full Force 180/80 injectors, php hydra, Riff Raff frx, Riff Raff billet compressor wheel, Dieselsite pre pump kit, Dorman up pipes,IAH delete, ccv mod, 6637 filter, Auto Meter gauges, scan guage 2, 4 in diamod eye straight pipe 6 in tip.
post #6 of 7 Old 08-26-2019, 04:24 AM

Mentioned: 1145 Post(s)
Quoted: 1397 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
This is the one I would recommend.

https://cncfab.us/i-30497997-south-b...dd3250-60.html

Mainly because its so easy to make good power with a 6.0L and just a tuner can get you very close in HP to the highest rated single disk they have.

[SIZE="3"]For all your ford powerstroke needs. If you dont see what you are looking for on the website, please use the contact page and shoot us a message or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Part numbers will help alot too if they are not on our site.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 7 Old 08-26-2019, 04:43 AM
Old School

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
This is the one I would recommend.

https://cncfab.us/i-30497997-south-b...dd3250-60.html

Mainly because its so easy to make good power with a 6.0L and just a tuner can get you very close in HP to the highest rated single disk they have.
That is the clutch I have, and am very happy with it. Just beware that the dual disc clutch is different than a single disc in a few ways. The pedal is stiffer than stock, it can be "grabby" when starting off in 1st or reverse but you get used to how it behaves and the clutch isn't fully released until the pedal is completely depressed (to the floor). I mention this because if the clutch isn't fully released, it can be difficult to shift into first or reverse. Again, you get used to how it behaves, and I don't even notice it anymore.

2006 Ford F250 CCSB FX4 6 Speed Manual
KC Stage 1 Turbo, Spearco Intercooler, SCT X4 w/ Custom TSD Tunes, ARP Studs, South Bend Dual Disc Clutch SFDD3250-6.0, AirDog II-4G Pump, AFE HD Momentum CAI, AFE CAC Pipes, AFE Intake Horn, AFE Front and Rear Dif Covers, Magnaflow 4" Turbo Back, EGR Delete, Sinister 200 Amp Alternator, Sinister Coolant Filter, BPD Radiator, BPD Water Pump, Big 3 Upgrade, Blue Spring, EDGE Insight CTS2, Morimoto BI-LED Projector Retrofit, Morimoto LED Fog Lights, Bilstein 5100s
Fast, cheap, reliable...pick two.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode