LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 08-15-2019, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Engine Options

Hey you pretty thangs,

So ive been in touch with BWE (Black Water Engines) and after reading some reviews and watching some YouTube, i'm a bit discouraged. I've heard Ashville Engines are pretty solid. Throw some good options and experiences at me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-15-2019, 12:16 PM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 429 Post(s)
Quoted: 3104 Post(s)
i have heard mixed opinions on everyone but i think achville makes a pretty solid engine.
one mans opinion from wht i have read here for years mostly so...
hlg0607 likes this.

I like mead
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

post #3 of 7 Old 08-15-2019, 01:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
The Blackwater engine I had lasted about 40k miles if that says anything. Lots of blow by from day one and blue smoke and finally bit the dust.
I have an Asheville now with about 75k on it with no problems.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 08-16-2019, 12:18 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
I was faced with some major decisions about my engine a few years ago after finding a burned piston. I weighed a lot of options and even looked into buying a new truck until I saw the $70K sticker. In the end I chose the Performance 20 from Asheville and added the Stage 2 cam then built from there including all of the BPD parts and a KC 1.5 Turbo. While I got a great deal on the labor I'm not going to sugar coat it here, it's not for everyone. It's not "inexpensive" and at the time my truck was 11 yrs. old with 225K on the clock. It turned out to be a great decision for me though. I'm at 108K miles on the build and not a single problem. Just change the fluids and drive.

k
bismic, zsargent, mhatlen and 1 others like this.

2005 F-350 Lariat DRW. WAAAAYYYY to much for 500 character limit
post #5 of 7 Old 08-17-2019, 07:18 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 560 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlg0607 View Post
Hey you pretty thangs,

So ive been in touch with BWE (Black Water Engines) and after reading some reviews and watching some YouTube, i'm a bit discouraged. I've heard Ashville Engines are pretty solid. Throw some good options and experiences at me.
What's wrong with your engine?
Year of truck?

Last edited by repalmer; 08-17-2019 at 07:38 PM.
post #6 of 7 Old 08-17-2019, 07:20 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
put a 7.3 in
post #7 of 7 Old 08-19-2019, 12:07 AM
Fuel it up again Dummy

Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Quoted: 1682 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcoyner View Post
I was faced with some major decisions about my engine a few years ago after finding a burned piston. I weighed a lot of options and even looked into buying a new truck until I saw the $70K sticker. In the end I chose the Performance 20 from Asheville and added the Stage 2 cam then built from there including all of the BPD parts and a KC 1.5 Turbo. While I got a great deal on the labor I'm not going to sugar coat it here, it's not for everyone. It's not "inexpensive" and at the time my truck was 11 yrs. old with 225K on the clock. It turned out to be a great decision for me though. I'm at 108K miles on the build and not a single problem. Just change the fluids and drive.

k
Oh dang it you had me all cranked up and you left me all worked up without the cost in $$$ bones.
I’m well aware of how costs run up fast in these trucks. I got a $7,600.00 bill three weeks after got my truck home. That was only for full heads rebuilt o-ringed with all the updates o-rings for injectors. Turbo rebuilt ARP 625 fasteners BPD Waterpump & EGR Cooler that later was upgraded to a low temp model with some tig work. Hoses belt Etc. The block was not touched was all HPO system upgrades decked o-ringed etc. The shop called the work Bullet Proofing by Nor-Cal Automotive and gave a lifetime warranty to original owner of truck when done. I had probably $2-$3,000 on top of that in DC 275XP 2/0 cable upgrade IPR setup 4” SS exhaust and more then I want to think about.
I’m going to take a stab at it and say $15,000.00 to get a full on performance engine in your pickup. Which is pretty reasonable when the trucks in great condition. A fraction of the cost of a new 6.7 F250 that’s ugly as a red headed step sister.
kcoyner likes this.

2006 F250 LARIAT CCSB 4X4
6.0 Diesel w/80K 6/19

ARP Studs, O-Ringed Heads
Stage I KC Turbo 10V
DC Power 270XP Die Hards
6.4 Starter, BPD Waterpump
FASS 125 Titanium w/Adj. Press Reg
3 CAC Pipes & CSF 7106 I.C.
4 Diamond Eye SS Exh System
W/two 4 SS Diamond Eye mufflers.
IPR Coolant filter w/ Manifold
CAT EC-1 coolant
SCT X4 ECM Rollback & PHP Tunes
100HP Hercules & 65HP Tow Tune
Icon/Deaver Suspension
Toyo M/T 38/15.50/18
1,000lbs or more other crap too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode