Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum (https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/)
-   General 6.0L Discussion (https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-6-0l-discussion/)
-   -   Engine Options (https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-6-0l-discussion/1367477-engine-options.html)

hlg0607 08-15-2019 11:56 AM

Engine Options

Hey you pretty thangs,

So ive been in touch with BWE (Black Water Engines) and after reading some reviews and watching some YouTube, i'm a bit discouraged. I've heard Ashville Engines are pretty solid. Throw some good options and experiences at me.

john galt 08-15-2019 12:16 PM

i have heard mixed opinions on everyone but i think achville makes a pretty solid engine.
one mans opinion from wht i have read here for years mostly so...

F350R 08-15-2019 01:53 PM

The Blackwater engine I had lasted about 40k miles if that says anything. Lots of blow by from day one and blue smoke and finally bit the dust.
I have an Asheville now with about 75k on it with no problems.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

kcoyner 08-16-2019 12:18 AM

I was faced with some major decisions about my engine a few years ago after finding a burned piston. I weighed a lot of options and even looked into buying a new truck until I saw the $70K sticker. In the end I chose the Performance 20 from Asheville and added the Stage 2 cam then built from there including all of the BPD parts and a KC 1.5 Turbo. While I got a great deal on the labor I'm not going to sugar coat it here, it's not for everyone. It's not "inexpensive" and at the time my truck was 11 yrs. old with 225K on the clock. It turned out to be a great decision for me though. I'm at 108K miles on the build and not a single problem. Just change the fluids and drive.

k

repalmer 08-17-2019 07:18 PM

110 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by hlg0607 (Post 16318087)
Hey you pretty thangs,

So ive been in touch with BWE (Black Water Engines) and after reading some reviews and watching some YouTube, i'm a bit discouraged. I've heard Ashville Engines are pretty solid. Throw some good options and experiences at me.

What's wrong with your engine?
Year of truck?

doubleslottedflaps 08-17-2019 07:20 PM

put a 7.3 in

mhatlen 08-19-2019 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcoyner (Post 16318319)
I was faced with some major decisions about my engine a few years ago after finding a burned piston. I weighed a lot of options and even looked into buying a new truck until I saw the $70K sticker. In the end I chose the Performance 20 from Asheville and added the Stage 2 cam then built from there including all of the BPD parts and a KC 1.5 Turbo. While I got a great deal on the labor I'm not going to sugar coat it here, it's not for everyone. It's not "inexpensive" and at the time my truck was 11 yrs. old with 225K on the clock. It turned out to be a great decision for me though. I'm at 108K miles on the build and not a single problem. Just change the fluids and drive.

k

Oh dang it you had me all cranked up and you left me all worked up without the cost in $$$ bones.
I’m well aware of how costs run up fast in these trucks. I got a $7,600.00 bill three weeks after got my truck home. That was only for full heads rebuilt o-ringed with all the updates o-rings for injectors. Turbo rebuilt ARP 625 fasteners BPD Waterpump & EGR Cooler that later was upgraded to a low temp model with some tig work. Hoses belt Etc. The block was not touched was all HPO system upgrades decked o-ringed etc. The shop called the work Bullet Proofing by Nor-Cal Automotive and gave a lifetime warranty to original owner of truck when done. I had probably $2-$3,000 on top of that in DC 275XP 2/0 cable upgrade IPR setup 4” SS exhaust and more then I want to think about.
I’m going to take a stab at it and say $15,000.00 to get a full on performance engine in your pickup. Which is pretty reasonable when the trucks in great condition. A fraction of the cost of a new 6.7 F250 that’s ugly as a red headed step sister.