Should I Install These Injectors? - Page 4 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 45 Old 08-02-2019, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quick question on this rocker/bridge on cyl. 8. I've read that this isn't uncommon, but thought I'd ask if it's cause for concern. @ZMANN @Hydro @bismic @G8orFord I see the dirt that fell on the spring and will get that vacuumed out.

2007 F-350 4X4 CCSB, 6.0 PSD, ZF6 Manual Trans, 3.73s, EGR and Cat improvement, Edge CTS2 with EGT and Fuel, SCT X4, PHP FICM Programmer, Sinister Adjustable Fuel Press. Cover, Ficmrepair.com batt/alt wiring upgrade, Bosch 140 amp alternator with overdrive pulley, Rotella ELC, High-Idle mod, Mishimoto coolant filter, 6.4 starter, Genex mirror w/temp and compass, Magnum RT steps, Leer 100R Shell, Custom front bumper replacement, Steelcraft Elevation rear bumper, B&W turnover ball, 4" Cat Back exhaust, JVC head unit with backup camera, '08+ towing mirrors and rear diff. cover, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 45 Old 08-02-2019, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

Well, I looked at enough pics online to determine it's pretty common and not something to be overly concerned about. Driver's side bank has new injectors and is reassembled except for the FICM.

2007 F-350 4X4 CCSB, 6.0 PSD, ZF6 Manual Trans, 3.73s, EGR and Cat improvement, Edge CTS2 with EGT and Fuel, SCT X4, PHP FICM Programmer, Sinister Adjustable Fuel Press. Cover, Ficmrepair.com batt/alt wiring upgrade, Bosch 140 amp alternator with overdrive pulley, Rotella ELC, High-Idle mod, Mishimoto coolant filter, 6.4 starter, Genex mirror w/temp and compass, Magnum RT steps, Leer 100R Shell, Custom front bumper replacement, Steelcraft Elevation rear bumper, B&W turnover ball, 4" Cat Back exhaust, JVC head unit with backup camera, '08+ towing mirrors and rear diff. cover, etc.
post #33 of 45 Old 08-03-2019, 05:04 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,048 Times in 977 Posts
Mentioned: 198 Post(s)
Quoted: 2518 Post(s)
Garage
Yeah, I wouldn't worry about that too much. It looks like a casting flaw. I'm a little OCD about stuff like that and would probably had replaced it if given the chance, but the logic in me says it's really not necessary.
Sock Puppet, voodooridr and Hydro like this.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SPD)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 45 Old 08-03-2019, 06:55 AM

Thanked 1,805 Times in 1,749 Posts
Mentioned: 691 Post(s)
Quoted: 3899 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
it is common and as noted by your google search

many have the same concern about a lot of cast parts
they sure left the rough but it's just aesthetics in this application
Sock Puppet and Hydro like this.

6.0 flush pdf
post #35 of 45 Old 08-03-2019, 07:28 AM Thread Starter

As requested, here are a few pics from the Motorcraft remans from the Ford dealer:

voodooridr and Hydro like this.

post #36 of 45 Old 08-03-2019, 05:44 PM

take off the condom before insertion ?
Hydro likes this.

6.0 flush pdf
post #37 of 45 Old 08-03-2019, 05:44 PM

i will report myself for that comment

6.0 flush pdf
post #38 of 45 Old 08-03-2019, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
take off the condom before insertion ?

Crap...guess I need to take it back apart. The instructions said nothing about removing them before installation!!!

post #39 of 45 Old 08-03-2019, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

Just kidding.

Had a family event today, so I'll get it wrapped up tomorrow.

post #40 of 45 Old 08-03-2019, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

Heck, I'm just glad the new ones from the Ford house weren't all beat to hell like the first set I got
voodooridr likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode