upgrading my coolant system of my 2005 Excursion - Page 2 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 Old 07-18-2019, 05:07 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 218 Post(s)
Quoted: 3262 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by docrob View Post
And now for the rest of the story. All went well, they started on it this morning and were finishing up before noon and all that was left was to put the new radiator in. When they pulled it of the box the radiator was bent and 3 of the outlets where the hoses went on were smashed. Sent pictures to Bulletproof diesel and they packed up a new one and sending it priority over night; no charge. Great company, great service. Should have my Excursion back by the end of the day tomorrow. Looks like Fedex used the radiator as a tackling dummy.
Two things you'll always get for your money at BPD. Quality and awesome customer service.
Actually a bit surprised it was damaged in shipping, everything I ever got from them the packaging was as high quality as their parts.
BTL likes this.

Sparky
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 F250 CCSB KR 4x4 6.0 4" Flo-Pro,
Fox 2.0s, Toyo ATs, CTS2 Pro, Blue Spring, BPD 7.3 Fan Clutch, IPR Coolant Filter

2000 F350 SCLB Dually 4x4, 7.3 6 Speed Hydra, CTS2, S&B Air, 4'' SS Diamond Eye

2005 Explorer XLT 4x4 Mountaineer,
Toyo ATs, Wife's grocery getter

1993 F150 4x4, 302 5 speed, winter truck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 Old 07-18-2019, 05:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unfortunately my radiator from BPD was also damaged in shipment.
SparkyF250 likes this.
post #13 of 18 Old 07-18-2019, 06:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by docrob View Post
Hello, the radiator on my 2005 Excursion is leaking where the plastic is crimped to the aluminum tank. I decided to upgrade the coolant system with Bulletproofs radiator, water pump, 7.3 manual clutch fan, thermostat and new degas cap. Also putting on an IPR coolant filter. Can anyone give me an idea of how many hours it will take the mechanic to do all this? I watched youtube videos of the IPR coolant filter and it seems 2-2.5 hours time is needed there. I watched a video on the radiator replacement but did not get an appreciation of how long that would take. I asked the shop doing the work for a quote and all I got was "we'll charge by the time it takes us to do it" plus materials. I would just like to get an idea of what the time should be. Thanks, Rob
I did all those mods in one sitting with the exception of using the sinister filter kit...took me 4 beers(longnecks)...I am not even a good mechanic.

bench
SparkyF250 and BTL like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 Old 07-19-2019, 06:54 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bismic View Post
Unfortunately my radiator from BPD was also damaged in shipment.
I wonder if they are just drop shipping those or forwarding em in their original box, since BPD doesn't make the rads they sell. And BPD packaging is usually...bulletproof

Sparky

Fox 2.0s, Toyo ATs, CTS2 Pro, Blue Spring, BPD 7.3 Fan Clutch, IPR Coolant Filter

post #15 of 18 Old 07-19-2019, 07:18 AM
a known holder of grudges

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyF250 View Post
I wonder if they are just drop shipping those or forwarding em in their original box, since BPD doesn't make the rads they sell. And BPD packaging is usually...bulletproof
Agreed, every BPD item I've received, even since their early days, has been packed very well
post #16 of 18 Old 07-19-2019, 07:34 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I personally think it is a FedEx issue. They seem to never get things to me on the time they say they will deliver it, and this time, it came damaged and unusable. Bulletproof sent another radiator via FedEx Priority Overnight at no charge to me but now I just got notice form FedEx it will not be delivered for another three days because of missed connections from one FedEx flight to another FedEx flight.
SparkyF250 likes this.
post #17 of 18 Old 07-20-2019, 03:52 AM
Fuel it up again Dummy

Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Quoted: 1682 Post(s)
Garage
It might have been thrown from the train, or fell off it.

In reality I have worked on the Fire Protection Systems several times at both UPS & Fed X shipping locations and they always run at night. Let me tell you its aholes & elbows those guys are humping that stuff off conveyors into stacks destined for next trailer. Forklift tires are spinning every time they change a direction. I watched some guys having fun with a box labeled fragile go around the bases like a baseball while laughing at the idiot for writing it all over the box. Its a rough environment with crappy hours and yes boxes get crushed from the speed of material moving around. And occasionally from disgruntled jerks working nightshift like slaves.

Hope this one makes it un molested. The bigger the box the likelihood of damage increases exponentially because its harder for them to handle. Good Luck, I'm sure BPD sees a high damage rate even with their safeguards in packaging.
SparkyF250 likes this.

2006 F250 LARIAT CCSB 4X4
6.0 Diesel w/80K 6/19

ARP Studs, O-Ringed Heads
Stage I KC Turbo 10V
DC Power 270XP Die Hards
6.4 Starter, BPD Waterpump
FASS 125 Titanium w/Adj. Press Reg
3 CAC Pipes & CSF 7106 I.C.
4 Diamond Eye SS Exh System
W/two 4 SS Diamond Eye mufflers.
IPR Coolant filter w/ Manifold
CAT EC-1 coolant
SCT X4 ECM Rollback & PHP Tunes
100HP Hercules & 65HP Tow Tune
Icon/Deaver Suspension
Toyo M/T 38/15.50/18
1,000lbs or more other crap too
post #18 of 18 Old 07-20-2019, 05:54 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhatlen View Post
It might have been thrown from the train, or fell off it.

In reality I have worked on the Fire Protection Systems several times at both UPS & Fed X shipping locations and they always run at night. Let me tell you its aholes & elbows those guys are humping that stuff off conveyors into stacks destined for next trailer. Forklift tires are spinning every time they change a direction. I watched some guys having fun with a box labeled fragile go around the bases like a baseball while laughing at the idiot for writing it all over the box. Its a rough environment with crappy hours and yes boxes get crushed from the speed of material moving around. And occasionally from disgruntled jerks working nightshift like slaves.

Hope this one makes it un molested. The bigger the box the likelihood of damage increases exponentially because its harder for them to handle. Good Luck, I'm sure BPD sees a high damage rate even with their safeguards in packaging.

Look at you coming in here with a rational, common sense post.

How ya been old man? you don't get on here much these days.

Sparky

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode