Contribution balance please help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 07-08-2019, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Contribution balance please help

I’m new to this forum but I have a 2005 f250 with aftermarket warren diesel injectors fully deleted new hpop. It also has new trans and tunes from kem performance out of Georgia. I’m throwing a cylinder 6 contribution balance code but I do not have a compression gauge or access to a good diagnostic tool all I have is my sct x3. Truck had all the work done about 6 years ago and I have just recently in the past 10k miles changed the hpop. If the truck sits for a couple weeks before I crank it, it idles smooth and runs like it always has, but if I drive it everyday it runs rough and has a miss until under hard acceleration. Any idea if it would be worth it to go ahead and replace the injector or could it be something in the bottom end? I’m just curious if anyone else has had the same experience and could point me in the right direction before I dump a ton of money into this truck. It has just hit 200k miles and runs fairly decent after sitting for a while other than a slight miss at about 1500 to 2000 rpm. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-08-2019, 03:03 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Warren's injectors have had their share of issues, but when they do, their customer service is very good. They (he) might be able to help you if it is the injector and you have low miles on it.

Are you sure it isn't a FICM issue or even a HPO issue? Can you post data (ICP, IPR, FICM L,V, and M voltages)?

That said, it sure sounds like an injector. You might try moving #6 to another location and see if the code follows it.

Was your HPOP really bad (ie what test did it fail)? The 05 and up pumps are pretty stout.
post #3 of 5 Old 07-08-2019, 03:26 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Garage
After you have done what @bismic said -- if there is still an injector issue, try swapping to a different hole and see if the injector contribution follows

In my defense, I was unsupervised
2006 F250 Lariat FX4 cclb
Torque Pro and OBDLink MX bluetooth monitor
General note:
For all those wanting a premium silicone sealer Kubota 70000-73764 is the best your gonna find. This is a hybrid gray silicone that uses solvent rather than acid to start the curing reaction, this makes it safe for aluminum and and any surface that involves coolant.

Last edited by Hydro; 07-08-2019 at 03:27 PM. Reason: argh ,,nevermind I missed that in your post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 07-08-2019, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bismic View Post
Warren's injectors have had their share of issues, but when they do, their customer service is very good. They (he) might be able to help you if it is the injector and you have low miles on it.

Are you sure it isn't a FICM issue or even a HPO issue? Can you post data (ICP, IPR, FICM L,V, and M voltages)?

That said, it sure sounds like an injector. You might try moving #6 to another location and see if the code follows it.

Was your HPOP really bad (ie what test did it fail)? The 05 and up pumps are pretty stout.
I can try to get ficm voltages this weekend maybe sooner been working a lot of hours kind of new to diesels so not sure how to check the others but as far as the hpop it was never tested I was on the interstate and it started skipping really bad so I pulled off and shut it off and couldn’t get it to fire back up. I did notice though, the whole time it was spinning over it never built any oil pressure so I changed the hpop since it’s relatively easy to get to. Afterwards truck fired right up and ran great then started the same cylinder 6 contribution balance again.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-08-2019, 07:18 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Garage
"...the whole time it was spinning over it never built any oil pressure"
The oil pressure gauge is just a glorified idiot light -- it can only read zero or half -- the sender cuts in about 7psi

Would be good to get an actual gauge on the low oil pressure system and see what you have at cranking/running -- the pressure sender threads are 10mm x 1.5 oring -- not sure the threads on the Parker test fitting(metric tho)

The front of the pic is to the left
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6_0_oil_cover.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	720701  

In my defense, I was unsupervised
2006 F250 Lariat FX4 cclb
Torque Pro and OBDLink MX bluetooth monitor
General note:
For all those wanting a premium silicone sealer Kubota 70000-73764 is the best your gonna find. This is a hybrid gray silicone that uses solvent rather than acid to start the curing reaction, this makes it safe for aluminum and and any surface that involves coolant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode