Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 06-14-2019, 08:19 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I use that exact one. Some people went w/ the size smaller, but I think the 6000 is the best choice.

Mark
06 F250CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARP studs;OEM gaskets; Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Ball joints;Coolant filter; High-Idle;RACCCV6000;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;SynchroMax trans case;Fumoto valves;Harpooned;CPOhighwayProducts toolbox;tracrac;Fox Weatherboots;Wet Okole Seat Covers;BriteBox;Re-flashed;Quadzilla Recon XZT Fuel Press;Blue FPR spring;DashDAQ;PHP FICM;RiffRaff boots;DCPower270AXP;PowerInverter;Bilsteinshocks; BPD EGR cooler;One-piece HPOP fitting;BPDWaterPump;SCT w/ Matts SRL;ELC Ultra
post #3 of 30 Old 06-14-2019, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Cool, does it work well keeping oil separated...how long does a filter last? And i want to mount on the frame, is that gonna be doable

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 Old 06-14-2019, 09:28 AM

Mine is mounted on the frame (drivers obviously). How often you change it depends on the amount of blow-by on your engine. I go a year on the filter element. Probably could go longer. Just drain it often at first so that you can get an idea of how fast an oil level accumulates. I put a drain valve (ball valve) on it (one I got from Home Depot or Lowes) for air compressors.

Use 1 inch hose. Try not to leave dips in the hose that collect oil. Constant down-slope to the filter. Constant up-slope from the filter.
mohead1 likes this.

Mark
06 F250CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARP studs;OEM gaskets; Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Ball joints;Coolant filter; High-Idle;RACCCV6000;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;SynchroMax trans case;Fumoto valves;Harpooned;CPOhighwayProducts toolbox;tracrac;Fox Weatherboots;Wet Okole Seat Covers;BriteBox;Re-flashed;Quadzilla Recon XZT Fuel Press;Blue FPR spring;DashDAQ;PHP FICM;RiffRaff boots;DCPower270AXP;PowerInverter;Bilsteinshocks; BPD EGR cooler;One-piece HPOP fitting;BPDWaterPump;SCT w/ Matts SRL;ELC Ultra
The Following User Says Thank You to bismic For This Useful Post:
mohead1 (06-14-2019)
post #5 of 30 Old 06-14-2019, 11:06 AM

Thanked 1,784 Times in 1,728 Posts
Mentioned: 662 Post(s)
Quoted: 3796 Post(s)
I run the same and it is sized right for the 6.0

also mounted on the drivers frame
I used this hose https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

as for the connections to the valve cover i used the elbow swap you can google about

6.0 flush pdf
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by ZMANN; 06-14-2019 at 01:27 PM.
post #6 of 30 Old 06-14-2019, 01:00 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Yep,

It works well for me. I still get a mist of oil in the tubes somehow, but it is very light.

Nothing like it was when stock

2004/Kill Devil O-ringed heads/Studs(finally)/Warren 175-30's/ADII/KC StageII/BPD everything/ODAWG S2R Ported Intake/CX racing IC/Gearhead Tunes/WPE RR...........FINALLY DONE and (still) NO LEAKS!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Joe

post #7 of 30 Old 06-14-2019, 01:30 PM

Thanked 1,784 Times in 1,728 Posts
Mentioned: 662 Post(s)
Quoted: 3796 Post(s)
i get a decent amount of oil out of the separator when i drain it every 3-4 months

i have not opened my CAC up since I have had the 6000 on ( 3 years) i am curious to take a peek

6.0 flush pdf
post #8 of 30 Old 06-14-2019, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Im sorta disappointed....i thought this thing was one of the top of the line separators, but you are still getting oil by?? Im trying to eliminate oil back to the turbo and into the intercooler.

post #9 of 30 Old 06-14-2019, 02:01 PM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 1482 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohead1 View Post
Im sorta disappointed....i thought this thing was one of the top of the line separators, but you are still getting oil by?? Im trying to eliminate oil back to the turbo and into the intercooler.

You will never fully eliminate the oil residue in the system unless you route to atmosphere. You hear a few who claim zero in the intake after just adding a catch can but never seen one my self.

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

04 Excursion Modified, 04 F350 Modified, 06 F350 Modified

Interested in learning something new?

Justin
post #10 of 30 Old 06-14-2019, 02:28 PM

WHS ^.

The amount I see is barely enough residue to coat the surface of the intake tube. Definitely nothing pooling.

The better way to look at it is to see how much drains out - all that would have gone through the system.

As Zmann stated - I too get a decent amount out of the separator (ie out of the ccv filter canister).

IMO they work VERY well. If you want perfect though ............

Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode