Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 620 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjorgis5569 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by repalmer View Post
So just think, the engine was engineered to only have an output of 225 hp. Then Ford uped it to 325, with out changing anything. Then we come along and put tunes to it, pushing it to over 400, almost double what it was supposed to be. That's why there was so many problems.

A stock engine in the E series are relatively reliable compared to pickup. They just don't get pushed as hard
That’s a good analysis imo, and not a bad thing to keep in the back of the head. It seems not controlling your right foot is one of the worst things for the 6.0
Yes, to an extent. There engines DO need to be put thru their paces once in a while though. If not, bad things can happen that way too. Mainly the turbo gets coked up and stops working right
SparkyF250 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 120 Old 06-29-2019, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyF250 View Post
So @DAV!D did you go with the Killdevils? Order em from KCTurbo or from Jared? What HG's did you decide on? You did order new updated pushrods didn't you?
Yes I ordered the KD's from KCturbo. I haven't ordered anything else yet, going to order the rest of the stuff tomorrow or Monday but want to get the heads going being they will probably take the longest to get out of any of the parts. As for HG's I will likely go with the felpros being many have had success with those.
SparkyF250 likes this.
post #93 of 120 Old 06-29-2019, 07:02 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 232 Post(s)
Quoted: 3350 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV!D View Post
Yes I ordered the KD's from KCturbo. I haven't ordered anything else yet, going to order the rest of the stuff tomorrow or Monday but want to get the heads going being they will probably take the longest to get out of any of the parts. As for HG's I will likely go with the felpros being many have had success with those.
OEM HG's work too
SixStringMadness likes this.

Sparky
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 F250 CCSB KR 4x4 6.0 4" Flo-Pro,
Fox 2.0s, Toyo ATs, CTS2 Pro, Blue Spring, BPD 7.3 Fan Clutch, IPR Coolant Filter

2000 F350 SCLB Dually 4x4, 7.3 6 Speed Hydra, CTS2, S&B Air, 4'' SS Diamond Eye

2005 Explorer XLT 4x4 Mountaineer,
Toyo ATs, Wife's grocery getter

1993 F150 4x4, 302 5 speed, winter truck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SparkyF250 For This Useful Post:
DAV!D (07-01-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 120 Old 07-01-2019, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Ok looks like my heads might get here much faster than expected, thanks KCTurbo !

I do have one more question for you guys. I'm doing my oil cooler while I have everything apart. As I mentioned earlier this truck may see some on duty time as my hot shot truck and I'm curious if I intend to haul a lot is the stock OEM oil cooler still ok?

I'm keeping the motor stock, aside from it already having a EGR delete, 4" exhaust and the heads/studs ect.. I'm not trying to hot rod this truck so I was going to use the OEM cooler but I want to verify it will be ok for potential heavy hauling. (by heavy I mean, being on the road hauling for a few days at a time or potentially daily short hauls)
post #95 of 120 Old 07-01-2019, 04:40 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 620 Post(s)
You'll be good with the OEM oil cooler. The only other one to use would be the BPD one.
SparkyF250 likes this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to repalmer For This Useful Post:
DAV!D (07-02-2019)
post #96 of 120 Old 07-01-2019, 07:49 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Ok looks like my heads might get here much faster than expected, thanks KCTurbo !

I do have one more question for you guys. I'm doing my oil cooler while I have everything apart. As I mentioned earlier this truck may see some on duty time as my hot shot truck and I'm curious if I intend to haul a lot is the stock OEM oil cooler still ok?

I'm keeping the motor stock, aside from it already having a EGR delete, 4" exhaust and the heads/studs ect.. I'm not trying to hot rod this truck so I was going to use the OEM cooler but I want to verify it will be ok for potential heavy hauling. (by heavy I mean, being on the road hauling for a few days at a time or potentially daily short hauls)
Yep, OEM is fine. You should flush it good before you tear it down if possible. That way anything in the system now won't get in the new cooler. Use lint free rags when you clean out the sump under the cooler, cleanliness here will be your friend. Lots of guys have IPR screens clogging after messing with the oil cooler. Don't pull the old sump screen until you have it cleaned real well then put the new one in. I did my oil cooler back in April, kept it clean and haven't had any trouble.
Also you should switch to Cat EC-1 spec ELC when you put it back together. Gold/G-05 sucks. Cat, Rotella, Texaco, Delo are all good. You're deleted so you "could" use Zerex but it's the only ELC with silicates so most of us avoid it.

Also don't use Roloc discs when you clean your engine deck, most guys like the Super Scraper, not cheap but it's nice and sharp. You run into anything along the way just give a shout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by repalmer View Post
You'll be good with the OEM oil cooler. The only other one to use would be the BPD one.
^^^ Yep, what he said.

Sparky

Fox 2.0s, Toyo ATs, CTS2 Pro, Blue Spring, BPD 7.3 Fan Clutch, IPR Coolant Filter

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SparkyF250 For This Useful Post:
DAV!D (07-02-2019)
post #97 of 120 Old 07-02-2019, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Yep, OEM is fine. You should flush it good before you tear it down if possible. That way anything in the system now won't get in the new cooler. Use lint free rags when you clean out the sump under the cooler, cleanliness here will be your friend. Lots of guys have IPR screens clogging after messing with the oil cooler. Don't pull the old sump screen until you have it cleaned real well then put the new one in. I did my oil cooler back in April, kept it clean and haven't had any trouble.
Also you should switch to Cat EC-1 spec ELC when you put it back together. Gold/G-05 sucks. Cat, Rotella, Texaco, Delo are all good. You're deleted so you "could" use Zerex but it's the only ELC with silicates so most of us avoid it.

Also don't use Roloc discs when you clean your engine deck, most guys like the Super Scraper, not cheap but it's nice and sharp. You run into anything along the way just give a shout.

^^^ Yep, what he said.
ok, thanks for the info...

speaking of the IPR.. Is the IPR/IPC senors something I should worry about changing out or is that more of if they go bad type of thing?
SparkyF250 likes this.
post #98 of 120 Old 07-05-2019, 09:15 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
ok, thanks for the info...

speaking of the IPR.. Is the IPR/IPC senors something I should worry about changing out or is that more of if they go bad type of thing?
If it ain't broke...

If you keep the oil cavity as clean and lint free as possible, and don't change the screen until it's clean you shouldn't have any trouble. You may want to pick up an IPR screen kit and have it on hand for a just in case. 3C3Z9H529A, it takes a special socket too.
Another thing, be real careful with all your electric plugs, they should all come apart without breaking any clips if you're careful.
Go to youtube and look for Diesel Tech Ron, he has a lot of good helpful videos

Sparky

post #99 of 120 Old 07-10-2019, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
If it ain't broke...

If you keep the oil cavity as clean and lint free as possible, and don't change the screen until it's clean you shouldn't have any trouble. You may want to pick up an IPR screen kit and have it on hand for a just in case. 3C3Z9H529A, it takes a special socket too.
Another thing, be real careful with all your electric plugs, they should all come apart without breaking any clips if you're careful.
Go to youtube and look for Diesel Tech Ron, he has a lot of good helpful videos
Ok I didn't order that screen kit, guess I'll order it to have on hand just in case. As for everything else, I got my last shipment today which is the head studs and yesterday got my shipment from westlake for all the gaskets/oil cooler and stuff.

ironically the heads were the 1st thing I received.. Thanks again KCturbo.

Now I just have to remember how to put it all back together...
peixinho and SparkyF250 like this.
post #100 of 120 Old 07-11-2019, 08:42 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Ok I didn't order that screen kit, guess I'll order it to have on hand just in case. As for everything else, I got my last shipment today which is the head studs and yesterday got my shipment from westlake for all the gaskets/oil cooler and stuff.

ironically the heads were the 1st thing I received.. Thanks again KCturbo.

Now I just have to remember how to put it all back together...

Just did mine and I'm very happy. You won't have any trouble if you take your time. That was some cursing along the process but mainly because weather was too hot sometimes, more than anything on the truck itself. You just loose patience if your work conditions are not ideal. The topside creeper is a must. I didn't read your whole thread but highly recommend one.
SparkyF250 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode