Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoxDiesel View Post
Its the flash of the camera/light angle. In person they’re damn near identical

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I noticed the ARP threads to be insanely smooth. And that is due to their way of rolling the threads, not cutting them. Although this technology is not rocket science I would be surprised if the counterfeit parts are as smooth. Are they? If they were I'd be inclined to believe they might be good quality counterfeits maybe. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 89 Old 05-28-2019, 06:34 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 232 Post(s)
Quoted: 3346 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusCO View Post
I noticed the ARP threads to be insanely smooth. And that is due to their way of rolling the threads, not cutting them. Although this technology is not rocket science I would be surprised if the counterfeit parts are as smooth. Are they? If they were I'd be inclined to believe they might be good quality counterfeits maybe. lol
Even if the counterfeits had nice threads, how would you know about the quality of steel used or the heat treat process. Genuine ARPs might be expensive but they're top quality.

Sparky
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 F250 CCSB KR 4x4 6.0 4" Flo-Pro,
Fox 2.0s, Toyo ATs, CTS2 Pro, Blue Spring, BPD 7.3 Fan Clutch, IPR Coolant Filter

2000 F350 SCLB Dually 4x4, 7.3 6 Speed Hydra, CTS2, S&B Air, 4'' SS Diamond Eye

2005 Explorer XLT 4x4 Mountaineer,
Toyo ATs, Wife's grocery getter

1993 F150 4x4, 302 5 speed, winter truck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #83 of 89 Old 05-28-2019, 06:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
I'm getting some from Amazon this week. I'll post pictures...they better be real!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #84 of 89 Old 05-28-2019, 07:18 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xalky View Post
I'm getting some from Amazon this week. I'll post pictures...they better be real!
I'm sure they'll be real head studs lol
SparkyF250 likes this.

People never have enough time/money to do the job right, but somehow they always find the time/money to do it twice

post #85 of 89 Old 05-29-2019, 08:13 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyF250 View Post
Even if the counterfeits had nice threads, how would you know about the quality of steel used or the heat treat process. Genuine ARPs might be expensive but they're top quality.
I'm in no way defending the use of knockoffs! Just noting that if they went to the trouble of rolling the stud, sourcing the right material would be less trouble. Regardless, materials and fastening science are way too complicated to trust anybody else than who is established in the market. I'm in the middle of my job. I had bought extreme studs but just lost confidence in them for several reasons. Ended up installing ARPs and now I am fighting a battle to return their studs. Really hard people to deal with.
SparkyF250 likes this.
post #86 of 89 Old 05-29-2019, 10:37 AM

Garage
Yea, ARP kinda set the tone. Same with BPD. Sure there are other companies in the same markets, but they have set the bar so high that just about everything else is thought to be inferior because of pricing. It's not because of the size of the company and you're buying their name, they have it millions of dollars into research and quality to ensure that the customer gets what they're paying for.

Just look at our engines, people say they are "bulletproofed" once the problem areas are taken care of when in actuality they're just "fixed." A "bulletproofed" 6.0 in my opinion means that the upgraded parts come from none other than Bulletproof Diesel

People never have enough time/money to do the job right, but somehow they always find the time/money to do it twice

Last edited by PowerSmoke07; 05-29-2019 at 10:42 AM.
post #87 of 89 Old 05-29-2019, 04:29 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,081 Times in 1,009 Posts
Mentioned: 204 Post(s)
Quoted: 2590 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSmoke07 View Post
Yea, ARP kinda set the tone. Same with BPD. Sure there are other companies in the same markets, but they have set the bar so high that just about everything else is thought to be inferior because of pricing. It's not because of the size of the company and you're buying their name, they have it millions of dollars into research and quality to ensure that the customer gets what they're paying for.

Just look at our engines, people say they are "bulletproofed" once the problem areas are taken care of when in actuality they're just "fixed." A "bulletproofed" 6.0 in my opinion means that the upgraded parts come from none other than Bulletproof Diesel
I hear a lot of people saying that. I'm a big fan of BPD myself, but the word bulletproof and its use in defining a solid well built and dependable engine (or anything else for that matter) has been around a lot longer than the company bearing the name. IMO, you can absolutely "bulletproof" a 6.0 without using any parts from BPD. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it, nor would I say that engine would be any better than one using BPD parts and properly assembled, but the fact remains, it is possible, IMO. I know that's not a popular stance on this forum, but it is what it is.
SparkyF250 likes this.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
SPD)

FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
post #88 of 89 Old 05-29-2019, 05:35 PM

Garage
I'm not saying that the term is a trademark of the company, that it hasn't been used before, or that a 6.0 can't be solid with parts from other sources. There's no denying the enormous increase of the term since BPD came to the playground. In my eyes there's a difference between a bulletproof engine and an engine that has been "bulletproofed." I had a guy get angry with me because I low balled him on his truck. He said it had been "bulletproofed" and knowing that it has become a household term I asked the origin of the parts, the studs were no name eBay pieces, heads weren't even taken to a shop, and the EGR "delete" was a home welded job with freeze plugs. Absolutely nothing about that engine was bulletproof but the term has become synonymous with addressing problem areas of the 6.0 Powerstroke even if they aren't addressed properly as they should be
SparkyF250 likes this.

post #89 of 89 Old 05-29-2019, 11:26 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 619 Post(s)
Qtips
Kleenex
Ziplock
Fridgedare

It's all marketing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode