4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 Old 04-27-2019, 02:23 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 469 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You got one or two puffing pretty good there in the vid, not saying it wont run quite a while tho, may blow a little oil.

p0678 is maybe a bad glow plug or harness connection

p0284 contribution code is more worrisome, could be a bad injector -- or that is why it is puffing

The partial mashed fuel line can cause low fuel pressure which is a killer of injectors on there engines

For 3k, if the rest of the truck seems OK and you are gonna do the work ...

In my defense, I was unsupervised
2006 F250 Lariat FX4 cclb
Torque Pro and OBDLink MX bluetooth monitor
General note:
For all those wanting a premium silicone sealer Kubota 70000-73764 is the best your gonna find. This is a hybrid gray silicone that uses solvent rather than acid to start the curing reaction, this makes it safe for aluminum and and any surface that involves coolant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 Old 04-27-2019, 05:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I abandoned this truck, just too much gamble, and I don't want to mess with the bottom end. Thanks for the help!
post #13 of 20 Old 04-29-2019, 03:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
fuel is pretty critical on these trucks too. The pump doubles are a pull and push pump.. Most other diesels have a pump that lift it from the tank to the engine and then makes pressure at the engine for the injectors. This truck doesnt, it double duties since it pulls fuel and then pumps/pressurizes it for the injector.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 Old 04-29-2019, 07:04 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,081 Times in 1,009 Posts
Mentioned: 204 Post(s)
Quoted: 2591 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That's not 100% correct. While the 6.0 HFCM does pull from the tank and push to the fuel bowl and rails. The HPO pump and system is actually what creates the injection pressure. The HFCM just needs to keep enough volume and pressure to keep the rails full for the HPO system to do it's job. At WOT or under any heavy load that needs to be about 60 psi. The pressure regulator attempts to keep that pressure constant at all loads. IIRC, the stock HFCM is capable of about 100 psi when everything is working as it should.
Hydro likes this.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
SPD)

FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
post #15 of 20 Old 04-29-2019, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

I think he was correct if you read it again. He said the pump supplies fuel to the injector. He said nothing about supplying the injection pressure.

Either way, I now have an 07 that runs great! I will probably make a thread to ask many questions. Everything about this truck is opposite of a Cummins. From the auto hubs, to oil in the charge air. It's a whole different set of problems, but I am sick of common rail problems anyways.
post #16 of 20 Old 04-29-2019, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

Lol, I had to Google HFCM. Gotta glorify that pump somehow. Does it at least pull through the filter to give it a chance to separate water?
post #17 of 20 Old 04-29-2019, 10:10 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 469 Post(s)
Garage
Yes, pulls thru the primary fuel filter.
Wait till you have to change that filter - you will thank Ford engineers for the location.

Part of the HFCM purpose is to recirculate heated fuel, and control the amount of heat.

Ford recirculates the crankcase blowby into the turbo inlet, so some oil may be present depending on how loose the engine is.

In my defense, I was unsupervised
2006 F250 Lariat FX4 cclb
Torque Pro and OBDLink MX bluetooth monitor
General note:
For all those wanting a premium silicone sealer Kubota 70000-73764 is the best your gonna find. This is a hybrid gray silicone that uses solvent rather than acid to start the curing reaction, this makes it safe for aluminum and and any surface that involves coolant.
post #18 of 20 Old 04-30-2019, 08:46 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh View Post
fuel is pretty critical on these trucks too. The pump doubles are a pull and push pump.. Most other diesels have a pump that lift it from the tank to the engine and then makes pressure at the engine for the injectors.This truck doesnt, it double duties since it pulls fuel and then pumps/pressurizes it for the injector.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcflyfyter View Post
I think he was correct if you read it again. He said the pump supplies fuel to the injector. He said nothing about supplying the injection pressure.

Either way, I now have an 07 that runs great! I will probably make a thread to ask many questions. Everything about this truck is opposite of a Cummins. From the auto hubs, to oil in the charge air. It's a whole different set of problems, but I am sick of common rail problems anyways.
I read it again. I get the same feeling I got the first time.
jman37 and SparkyF250 like this.

Dexter
SPD)

FICM;
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
Water Pump;

Coolant Filter;
post #19 of 20 Old 04-30-2019, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post

I read it again. I get the same feeling I got the first time.
I will have to agree that the wording could be better. As far as your feelings, I'd rather not discuss those.
post #20 of 20 Old 04-30-2019, 11:19 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcflyfyter View Post
I will have to agree that the wording could be better. As far as your feelings, I'd rather not discuss those.
Which is why I prepended my post with "That's not 100% correct". We good now?

Dexter
SPD)

FICM;
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
Water Pump;

Coolant Filter;
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode