• 1 Post By kcoyner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 09-06-2018, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fuel Pressure

What is proper fuel pressure for a 6.0? At idle I get 58-60 psi, cruising 65+mph I値l get 55-56 psi, but at WOT it値l go to ~49-50 and eventually to below 45 before I let up on the throttle. The truck has stock injectors, stock turbo, stock fuel system, and sct custom tunes. It has a very old blue spring from before I bought the truck. I have an adjustable pressure regulator from Accurate Diesel that I have yet to put on. What idling pressure should I dial it to when I put it on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-06-2018, 12:49 PM

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Ford says NEVER below 45 psig. That means at WOT. My opinion is never below 50 psig.
jokester00 likes this.
post #3 of 8 Old 09-06-2018, 09:50 PM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 431 Post(s)
Quoted: 3124 Post(s)
also above 70 i believe blow orings if i remember right...i would go 65 at idle and watch it

I like mead
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 09-07-2018, 12:05 AM

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Ford said 75 psig max. Lots of people exceeded that in the old days and didn't have problems, at least not quickly (anyone remember the Gillette spring?).

I am observing a max limit as @john galt recommended ........ just that I am going w/ Ford's 75psig on this one, even though I am conservative on the low pressure end!

Last edited by bismic; 09-07-2018 at 12:22 AM.
post #5 of 8 Old 09-07-2018, 05:37 AM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
I'm just curious what causes the drop in the fuel pressure at WOT. In my case it was fuel filters clogged from a bad fill up. There can also be 15 years worth of gunk in the HFCM to clean out. I now get 56 PSI cruise and can drop to 52 for WOT stock with the blue spring mod.

2005 F250, 189,000 Miles
Bullet Proof HD Oil Cooler w/ Cold Weather Kit, Bullet Proof EGR, Bulletproof Water Pump, 7.3 Fan Clutch
Airlift 5k Airbags and Wireless Air
Edge CTS w/ EGT probe and Fuel Pressure Sensor.
15 MPG slick; 10 MPG towing 11k fifth wheel
Ravelco

6.0 Flush Procedure:

Good 6.0 Reading:
post #6 of 8 Old 09-07-2018, 05:45 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,056 Times in 985 Posts
Mentioned: 200 Post(s)
Quoted: 2525 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
More fuel is being pushed through the injectors at higher injection pressures. Dirty filters only add to the problem. A full fuel tune, even on stock injectors will drop the FP quite a bit, especially right to start with. I've seen mine initially drop to ~40 psi on a WOT run, but it would begin to come back up pretty quickly. I had planned on going with the Accurate Diesel regulator or a Marty's system if I had kept the truck. I still want my son to do that.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
SPD)

FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
post #7 of 8 Old 09-07-2018, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Filters are clean, I forgot to clean out the water separator hole last time though. I値l do that when I change the regulator. Planning a n doing it Sunday if I知 not to depressed from the TAMU-Clemson game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #8 of 8 Old 09-07-2018, 04:31 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
I'm on a Marty's Diesel regulated return with stock injectors. I'm rock steady on 58psi at idle or WOT.

k
G8orFord likes this.

2005 F-350 Lariat DRW. WAAAAYYYY to much for 500 character limit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode